Bless the Flight Attendants...

Status
Not open for further replies.
It’s almost like enforcing unpopular mask nonsense and lowering and lowering the confront and standards results in more short tempered people.

I don’t condone bad behavior, but the airlines kinda made this bed for themselves.

This crazy rise in unruly and disgusting attacks by passengers on flight crews has to be stopped.
I think one way to stop this is to not only ban the passenger from that airline, but from all airline flights!
I’ll see your banning and raise you indictment, prosecution and jail time. Ain’t no excuse for it. None.

It’s almost like enforcing unpopular mask nonsense and lowering and lowering the confront and standards results in more short tempered people.

I don’t condone bad behavior, but the airlines kinda made this bed for themselves.
How so? They are just enforcing the rules set forth from Washington.

I’ll see your banning and raise you indictment, prosecution and jail time. Ain’t no excuse for it. None.
I don’t know exactly what happens afterwards, but I have the cops meet the plane when there is bad behavior. I have yet to actually divert, as it seems to happen, at least for me, during boarding or taxiing to the gate.

There are some good penalties in place, but not sure if they are actually carried out.

He didn't say the airlines was the source of the mask garbage.

This crazy rise in unruly and disgusting attacks by passengers on flight crews has to be stopped.
I think one way to stop this is to not only ban the passenger from that airline, but from all airline flights!
Doesn’t it fall under ‘inflight entertainment’?

Snap and lose your temper one time and get punished for life. Sounds great....

Snap and lose your temper one time and get punished for life. Sounds great....

No need for a lifetime ban in all but the worst criminal cases. For the general jackassery that has become common, maybe send them home on a bus and keep them off the airlines for a year.

It isn't just airline passengers. People in general have changed in the last 18 months. They've forgotten how to function in society. Ridiculous behavior is everywhere.

No need for a lifetime ban in all but the worst criminal cases. For the general jackassery that has become common, maybe send them home on a bus and keep them off the airlines for a year.
Traveling a lot for business, I don't need fellow passengers causing delays, or otherwise making the trip less pleasant. By now, everyone knows about masks. If they can't deal with it, they can enjoy the freedom of driving their car. Please don't make the crew's job more difficult.

What constitutes “the worst criminal cases”? I assume manslaughter wouldn’t count, as that could easily be the victim’s fault.

“Enforce” it just like many places do.

I was up north a month ago, the restaurants and shops said you could be maskless IF you had the shot, well everyone was maskless and no one cared to try to card anyone.

Just post a sign as they board the plane “masks must be worn” and call it mission accomplished.

This doesn’t even get into how 5hr airline flights feel more and more like riding a metro bus every year.

They cheapen their customer experience and wonder why people treat their service the way they do.

“Enforce” it just like many places do.

I was up north a month ago, the restaurants and shops said you could be maskless IF you had the shot, well everyone was maskless and no one cared to try to card anyone.

Just post a sign as they board the plane “masks must be worn” and call it mission accomplished.
So you’re saying not to enforce the federal mandate..??
Are you willing to pay the potential fines?

This doesn’t even get into how 5hr airline flights feel more and more like riding a metro bus every year.

They cheapen their customer experience and wonder why people treat their service the way they do.
So you’re suggesting they should not enforce the federal mandate..?

I have this conversation a thousand times over the last year from my flight attendant wife…when you make FA the mask police you have different levels of of enforcement and reaction to the power trip that some FA’s try to push and push many do…If you have flown lately you will see relaxed crews and those that are uptight…Basically it’s a job most do not want, but for a few, they are saving the world…thus the problem…an uptight FA on the backside of a four day can be a problem causation and not a solver…just saying…not serving alcohol in Economy also sometimes fuels the issue in my wife’s opinion…not serving to much. Flight deck crews don’t want to get involved and I don’t blame them…

My wife is the ultimate people problem solver both in the air and on the ground…and most FA’s have that skill but their are plenty that don’t..

What do you suggest after a passenger knocks out a flight attendants teeth?
Which jurisdiction does this fall under? Who has the job of prosecuting and in which court?

Federal law requires airlines to enforce the Federal security directive which requires mask use. Posting a sign and ignoring non-compliance does not meet that obligation.

Even so, there is a large portion of the passengers who won't be comfortable flying if others are not wearing masks and some will cause just as much disruption over an airline not enforcing the mandate as those who are refusing the comply. Look at the details of many of the incidents and you'll see that it is a fight between one passenger, who isn't wearing their mask, and another passenger who is insisting that they do.

They get charged for a crime and when they have finished with the sentence then their debt to society is considered paid.
Not always. Many crimes are never fully paid after sentence is complete. Sex offenders, felons with firearms, and plenty of other examples.

Coming back from vacation today we had a guy kicked off the flight for non mask compliance. It was the only Delta flight of the day from Paris. They probably just put him on the next Air France flight.

Not always. Many crimes are never fully paid after sentence is complete. Sex offenders, felons with firearms, and plenty of other examples.
Felons in general have restrictions on their activities once their sentence is complete.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back