Best Barf Bag

brien23

Cleared for Takeoff
Display Name

Display name:
Brien
Best Barf Bag, airline type or just plain white or plastic bag. I like a instant coffee plastic container with a wide lid that snaps shut. Having a person who just got sick hold a bag of puke till you can get down is not the best way. Also anybody got a good spray can of something to clean up the inside of the plane seats, carpet, instrument's whatever the puke got on.

Last edited:
All mine say Delta on them.........They are right behind the Skymall

I use my powder-filled relief bottle. Works great for #1, so-so for #2, and for barf (I'll call this #3). I suppose you could put bananas in it rather than powder. The lid screws on nice and tight.mayo jar with powder.jpg

Gallon Zip Locks. Big enough for the puker to not miss. Zip Lock seals in the stench before everyone else pukes at the smell.

This^^

We used the old MAF bags for our pax. They were great pee bags. OK barf bags. If the puker managed to get it all in the bag, it could get zipped and tossed before the smell permeated the cabin. But frequently, the puker would have recently consumed mass quantities of chow and Coca Cola, or were still full of previous night's beer. There's just no way to contain all that when it comes out like geyser. I can only imagine the poor soul humping all his gear and having to smell that for the rest of the day, or days.

Need to make sure whatever you use is available to the people that need it and not have to search for it, more than one in a easy to reach pockets not under maps and everything else.

The blue emesis bags from the hospital. They generally don’t mind if you swipe a couple. I carry a couple in the pax side pocket. They’re large, have a ring to keep them open.

They are marked in ounces and milliliters so you can have a contest to see who barfs the most....

th

And come with printed instructions on the bag.

th

A barf bag is a barf bag isn’t it? I didn’t know they made a variety of them.

I guess a gold plated one would be nice...

Something bigger than you think it should be, will hold gelling powered, seals 100%, and can't be seen through.

Once I eat something, I don't want to see it again. . .an opaque container of any design.

Sounds like you may need a more robust solution for your upchuck containment needs. Back in the good old days, a guy would take a quart or bigger, mason jar and fill it half full of exfoliated vermiculite. Add a few table spoons each of: TiO2 for color pigmentation and opacity of the crystals it should make, MgO as a pH buffer, & ZnO for the antibiotic property. Screw on the lid and give it a good shake before installation into the confined space. Paint exterior black.

Pro Tip: Use spray on bedliner to match interior colors as an accent piece and for wet use grip.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Add to pre-flight checklist: Check bottom of barf bags to make sure your buddy did not cut holes there.....

Once is quite enough, thank you
I bet! No. Thank. You!

But, is this common for most people to have someone get sick in their planes? I've never flown with anyone under the age of say, 22? but I've never had anyone get sick, or even close to it.. this includes pilots and non pilots

I didn't realize it was that common for people to throw up in planes.. I also don't find planes particularly nauseating.. much less so than cars or boats

Anyway, maybe I'll grab a few airsick bags off of Delta next time I fly commercial just in case!! You guys have freaked me out

I bet! No. Thank. You!

But, is this common for most people to have someone get sick in their planes? I've never flown with anyone under the age of say, 22? but I've never had anyone get sick, or even close to it.. this includes pilots and non pilots

I didn't realize it was that common for people to throw up in planes.. I also don't find planes particularly nauseating.. much less so than cars or boats

Anyway, maybe I'll grab a few airsick bags off of Delta next time I fly commercial just in case!! You guys have freaked me out
I wouldn't use an airline airsick bag, but that's just me.

I've flown a fair number of kids... probably 30 or 40. Maybe a dozen adults. So far only one got sick, and he gets carsick "just sometimes". So I odn't think it's common, but people get motion sick. Heck, I was flying home the other day and made myself a little queasy.

I bet! No. Thank. You!

I imagine it only takes once forgetting to bring one for you to learn your lesson, lol.

Got to be better than front seat T-34 open the canopy puke, guess where it goes.

I actually puked in a Navy recruiting T-34 once. Unfortunately I didn’t follow the instructions on the Sick Sac and didn’t realize the plastic bag must be pulled out of its paper container. I puked into the paper bag while we were doing a roll. Some went in the bag, some on the floor, some on the panel. Actually had a piece of pepperoni stuck on the canopy. Absolute mess in the back! That’s when I realized maybe this fighter pilot thing ain’t for me.

Last edited:
I bet! No. Thank. You!

I puked all over a 150 on my first lesson.

Never have had a passenger get sick in the plane, but I carry barf bags just in case. Suckers are OLD, and I hope they stay unused.

How often do people throw up in your planes?
]

Once. Me, the SU, child, and SiL are going to Florida. We get to our airport, and the FBO is having a customer appreciation day. SiL eats two dogs, all the way, scarfs a small bag of chips, washes it down with two cokes.

1.5 hrs later, 30km north of Destin, Eglin puts us down in the dirt. 1500msl, 95*F, bumpy as hell. Luckily SiL finds gallon ziploc...

Never have had a passenger get sick in the plane, but I carry barf bags just in case. Suckers are OLD, and I hope they stay unused.

You have checked the ''best if used by'' date, haven't you.?? :lol::lol:

Pro tip: Driving the bus in a ski town taking the drunks home after the bars close. We were issued nice parkas. About mid night the trick was to put on your parka, turn the heaters off in the back of the bus. The warmer it is the more people want to barf. If someone barfed in your bus you had to clean it up. Colder is better.

Back