Beechjet emg landing in Buffalo - double engine failure 6/10/2017

BigBadLou

Final Approach
Display Name

Display name:
Lou
They had an issue with beech jets several years ago when flying through some type of particular high altitude icing combo.... Just adding to the AOA coleslaw cirrus controversies

Fuel starvation. FO forgot to switch the tank selector to "Both" in cruise. I heard it at the grocery store.

EFCs expired, so they commenced the approach? #Beechjethumor

Fuel starvation. FO forgot to switch the tank selector to "Both" in cruise. I heard it at the grocery store.

Wait, did you hear that from the assistant manager of the produce department at the Piggly Wiggly or the bag boy at Winn Dixie ..???

http://www.foxnews.com/entertainmen...plane-reportedly-makes-emergency-landing.html

FOX says (and we know how much that is worth) that they were on their way from KY to Teterboro. No more information so far. So one's gotta wonder how they ended up so far out of their way over Buffalo.

Double engine failure in flight. C'mon, PoA, you can diagnose this problem pretty instantly. ;)
Aaaaand GO!

If you haven't seen, Katniss Everdeen was on board. President Snow was clearly trying to take her out again. He has people everywhere.

Sounds like one quit at altitude and the other on approach...bad fuel?

At the last stop the line crew filled the fuel tanks with chemtrail liquid and the chemtrail tanks with Jet-A. Now the entire population of the eastern seaboard is not only easily controlled, but now they reek of kerosene, as well.

I heard the pilot updated to the new FF version before flight. When the app crashed it took the engines with it.

Oh yes.

BA Flight 38
Air Transat 236
Air Canada 143...
all come immediately to mind. o_O
You are correct.

I did a very poor job of communicating there have been other beechjets that have had dual flameouts in the past. The prior occurrences were not fuel exhaustion.

I heard there may have been snakes on the plane. Just sayin'

You are correct.

I did a very poor job of communicating there have been other beechjets that have had dual flameouts in the past. The prior occurrences were not fuel exhaustion.
This one doesn't fit the "dual engine flameout" pattern...According to the reports, one quit at altitude and the other nearer the airport. The dual engine flameouts you're referring to are both engines flaming out at the initial thrust reduction starting out of altitude.

Think how much gas they save if they turn both engines off

Definitely has happened before, to Beechjets.

http://www.ainonline.com/aviation-n...dual-flameout-raises-questions-about-beechjet

That's not to say this incident is similar.
Keep in mind that the "N" in AIN is for "news". Drama constitutes "news". Finding out what the problem is and taking action to mitigate it (which happened many years ago) is not "news". Maybe if AIN would publish a follow-up that explains the issue, the pilots who refuse to read and/or comply with the AFM might actually find themselves not having dual engine flameouts in Beechjets.

But your disclaimer is sort of right...this is not the same issue.

Keep in mind that the "N" in AIN is for "news". Drama constitutes "news". Finding out what the problem is and taking action to mitigate it (which happened many years ago) is not "news". Maybe if AIN would publish a follow-up that explains the issue, the pilots who refuse to read and/or comply with the AFM might actually find themselves not having dual engine flameouts in Beechjets.

But your disclaimer is sort of right...this is not the same issue.
I remember this happening to a number of Beechjets a few years ago. It's not just AIN reporting. That was the first article that came up on Google (besides this thread). Not sure what some here have against AIN.

As I recall, the previous cases had to do with engine icing in very thin clouds. Apparently these engines are more susceptible than most. In many airplanes you can get away with not having the engine anti-ice on in these situations, even though most AFMs say to have it on in a certain temperature range in visible moisture.

Last edited:
This one doesn't fit the "dual engine flameout" pattern...According to the reports, one quit at altitude and the other nearer the airport. The dual engine flameouts you're referring to are both engines flaming out at the initial thrust reduction starting out of altitude.
Ok. Guess I should have read the linked article. What you're describing sounds like fuel exhaustion. The ones I was remembering were fuel icing issues where both engines crapped out very close in time. doesnt sound the same at all.
The dual engine failure made for some fun scenarios at recurrent.

I remember this happening to a number of Beechjets a few years ago. It's not just AIN reporting. That was the first article that came up on Google (besides this thread). Not sure what some here have against AIN.

As I recall, the previous cases had to do with engine icing in very thin clouds. Apparently these engines are more susceptible than most. In many airplanes you can get away with not having the engine anti-ice on in these situations, even though most AFMs say to have it on in a certain temperature range in visible moisture.
Nothing more against AIN than any other "news" source. If you can find anything they published regarding the resolution of the issue, I'll consider them a step above.

Back