Battery felonie

I must seek help.
I skimmed all the answers, solely looking for the humorous ones.
Best wishes to the battery felony feller.

honestly at this point I don't even remember what the original post was about

You fail. The correct response would have been to tell me there was a battery of them.
That would have been appropriate if you had the potential for a sense of humor.

OK, COOL IT!

What a bunch of jerks we have on this forum.

Here comes an aspiring pilot and nobody will give him a serious answer? Yes he has a prior unfortunate incident. Nobody will give him a serious answer? I would try but I don't have the knowledge to do that. Let's just chase him away with nonsense....

This guy needs a serious answer. Anybody? Bueller?

-Skip

ps: Props to Tom Downey for a serious answer. Thanks, Tom!

I know, I know, we are all revolting.

Depends on the nature of the battery. There are some restrictions on Li Ion.

I don't understand why everyone is so amped up about a salted battery?

Crushing all deceivers, mashing non-believers
Never-ending potency
Hungry violence-seeker, feeding off the weaker
Breeding on insanity

Crushing all deceivers, mashing non-believers
Never-ending potency
Hungry violence-seeker, feeding off the weaker
Breeding on insanity
Smashing through the boundaries lunacy has found me cannot stop the battery!

Someone needs some thicker insulation...

There is definitely some positive and negative polarity to be found in the posts here.

OK, COOL IT!

Here comes an aspiring pilot and nobody will give him a serious answer? Yes he has a prior unfortunate incident. Nobody will give him a serious answer? I would try but I don't have the knowledge to do that. Let's just chase him away with nonsense....

This guy needs a serious answer. Anybody? Bueller?

-Skip

You have me on ignore?? I answered his question too

I’m interested in becoming a pilot but I was convicted of battery in 2006, will that effect me from becoming a pilot?

You have to report it on your medical application, as it is not alcohol or drug related I don't believe it affects your ability to get a medical.

If you want to make flying a career, this can be an issue. You'll need to pass background checks to get access to the secure area of airports, for that a felony conviction can be a problem. Also, many employers require background checks.

If you have remained out of trouble since, you could look into getting it removed from your record. This is not as simple as an expungement for a misdemeanor conviction. In some states it is near impossible to get a felony removed, in others its a fairly routine process. You submit a petition to the board of pardons and if you qualify, the governor issues a pardon to remove it from the official record that gets submitted to the FBI database. It may still pop up in the databases of the commercial background check companies.

Do you have the slightest indication that this conviction took place in Washington State? Washington is one of the few exceptions that I mentioned. Washington, however, doesn't use the term "felony battery" in regards to crimes. Battery would be charged as one of the degrees of assault, of which the first, second, and third are felonies. First and second degree assault disqualify you for expunction even in Washington state.

Given the term "felony battery," I'm going to venture a guess that he was convicted in Florida, which doesn't allow felony expungement.

Even if he could get it expunged, it will mean nothing to the FAA or TSA.

OK, COOL IT!

Here comes an aspiring pilot and nobody will give him a serious answer?

Well, Tom's answer was pretty much completely wrong. I answered first with a detailed explanation of the view the FAA, TSA, and potential employers are likely to take. Alas, there wasn't enough detail in the original post to indicate whether he is going to have an easy time or not. If it was just a "felony battery" against someone who isn't a minor or a flight crew and he has no other mental health issues, it shouldn't be a problem. You start mixing in other factors, and it can be.

Last edited:
Wow, this current thread went far afield.

p1c1p5uqtk1l8qa22rrlfiv1vs29.jpg

Ohm my god, it's all related, Clark! You have the power to figure this one out.
The resistance of some posters in this thread has put the outcome in doubt. It's variable at this point.

Back