Another Incident. This time AA

Looks like it hasn't made its rounds on MSM sites yet. Cue the outrage in a few hours!

I thought most airline's policy is that strollers are left on the jetway and not taken into the cabin. Did the woman take her stroller on board and then possibly put up a fuss when the FA took it away to give it to the bag handlers?

I thought most airline's policy is that strollers are left on the jetway and not taken into the cabin. Did the woman take her stroller on board and then possibly put up a fuss when the FA took it away to give it to the bag handlers?

That is exactly what happened, complicated by language barrier/issues and then a SJW involving himself in none of his business at that point.

Article said one FA told her since the stroller folded up small enough she could look for a place to put it but if she couldn't find space it'd have to be checked. Second FA then says no strollers, gotta be checked. First link in chain of events, inconsistent crew. Now throw in a dash of damsel in distress and a pinch of knight in shining armor.

That is exactly what happened, complicated by language barrier/issues and then a SJW involving himself in none of his business at that point.

I'm not sure you know what that word means, but a man walking up to a crying lady with a baby after he thinks he saw someone hurt the child, that's not called a "SJW", it's what many generations called being a man.

As per the video, just not enough footage to really say one way or another, aside from perhaps some of the AA folks might have been better served if they had deescalated the situation vs throwing gas on the fire with stupid lines like "hit me".

Last edited:
As a former Capt, I was waiting for that Capt to intercede and take control of the situation. Supposed to be the gate agent's responsibility at the gate, but it never stopped me, and I didn't get banned, er sorry, fired for doing it. If the Capt had talked and explained to the bawlin' crybaby woman the situation would have been resolved. As for that macho passenger who made a threat to the gate agent, well, I would have said adios buddy, you're off.

I'm not sure you know what that word means, but a man walking up to a crying lady with a baby after he thinks he saw someone hurt the child, that's not called a "SJW", it's what many generations called being a man.

As per the video, just not enough footage to really say one way or another, aside from perhaps some of the AA folks might have been better served if they had deescalated the situation vs throwing gas on the fire with stupid lines like "hit me".

You're a moron.

He verbally threatened the douchebag flight attendant "you do that to ME I'll knock you flat"

He didn't jump in the way of a speeding bullet for the lady for christmas sake.

Save your SJW crap for your next anti military rant.

As a former Capt, I was waiting for that Capt to intercede and take control of the situation. Supposed to be the gate agent's responsibility at the gate, but it never stopped me, and I didn't get banned, er sorry, fired for doing it. If the Capt had talked and explained to the bawlin' crybaby woman the situation would have been resolved. As for that macho passenger who made a threat to the gate agent, well, I would have said adios buddy, you're off.

He did and it was already under control when the macho passenger showed his butt....

So, macho captain should throw off the customer who steps up to counter what he believes to be a wrong? Seems to me that's the employee attitude which creates these types of situations to begin with.

Airline employees need to understand that the burden of professionalism falls entirely on them in these situations. The paying passengers are customers. Customers aren't always right, but they should generally be treated as if they are. That's part of the job as an airline employee. Unfortunately, many of the regulations which are designed to keep air travel safe are instead abused by crew and employees on a power trip.

The photos/video of this incident seem to indicate that perhaps the captain was involved in helping to de-escalate the situation, but it's extremely difficult to tell what happened within the limited context provided by the photos/video. One thing is for sure, gate agents or crew members goading paying passengers are way out of line.

If there was a language barrier and inconsistent information provided to the passenger by airline employees, as mentioned by another poster, that's all the more reason why the airline should have been understanding.

With all of that being said, everyone has a bad day at work now and again. I don't think it's fair to airline employees or passengers that all of these altercations get recorded and blown up on social media. Yes, the United thing was inexcusable, but my opinion on United is that if you choose to fly them, you deserve whatever you get. This incident on AA (though still not my favorite airline) seems like something that perhaps shouldn't take on a life of its own.

JKG

He did and it was already under control when the macho passenger showed his butt....

I dunno, limited video perhaps but appeared to me the Capt was just standing there doing nothing.

So, macho captain should throw off the customer who steps up to counter what he believes to be a wrong? Seems to me that's the employee attitude which creates these types of situations to begin with.

Airline employees need to understand that the burden of professionalism falls entirely on them in these situations. The paying passengers are customers. Customers aren't always right, but they should generally be treated as if they are. That's part of the job as an airline employee. Unfortunately, many of the regulations which are designed to keep air travel safe are instead abused by crew and employees on a power trip.

The photos/video of this incident seem to indicate that perhaps the captain was involved in helping to de-escalate the situation, but it's extremely difficult to tell what happened within the limited context provided by the photos/video. One thing is for sure, gate agents or crew members goading paying passengers are way out of line.

If there was a language barrier and inconsistent information provided to the passenger by airline employees, as mentioned by another poster, that's all the more reason why the airline should have been understanding.

With all of that being said, everyone has a bad day at work now and again. I don't think it's fair to airline employees or passengers that all of these altercations get recorded and blown up on social media. Yes, the United thing was inexcusable, but my opinion on United is that if you choose to fly them, you deserve whatever you get. This incident on AA (though still not my favorite airline) seems like something that perhaps shouldn't take on a life of its own.

JKG

Agree with most of this, but a passenger has no right to threaten an airline employee (a Federal offense), who in this case was the gate agent, who are under a lot of stress to handle passengers of all kinds (I know it's their job) and pressure to get the flight off the gate on time. Granted the gate agent should have just instructed the passenger to butt out and sit back down, and left it at that instead of going back and forth with the passenger, but shet happens in the airline world.

Last edited:
And if he don't go, call United ground troops in for help.

You're a moron.

He verbally threatened the douchebag flight attendant "you do that to ME I'll knock you flat"

He didn't jump in the way of a speeding bullet for the lady for christmas sake.

Save your SJW crap for your next anti military rant.

Did someone learn a new word??

One of the things ya got to do after you hear and new word and you're all excited to use it in public is to make sure you actually understand what it means, as far as a SJW, brother you're about as far off as you can get, my beliefs and standards for people would infuriate most social justice warriors.

The man DID NOT threaten the AA employee, that would have been him saying "I'm going to knock you flat", what HE SAID was if he was physically hit like that woman was, he would knock the aggressor flat, that IS A WARNING, not a threat.

Per my anti joining up, I got nothing against millitary, I do have some major issues with misused millitary, but that's another topic.

Nowadays the right is getting very much into a boot licking mindset with anything resembling authority requiring mindless dog like obedience, ofcourse on the other end of the room you have the far left who is offended and victimized by so much as a fart in the wind. Now the thing you got to learn is, not everyone who isn't in the permanent boot licking position is a super left winger, I'm kinda somewhere in the middle.

One thing that this video had that I liked more than the United video, were pax who weren't just mindlessly standing by like sheep and watching something they thought was wrong.

Last edited:
You're a moron.

Your mommy should have taught you...two wrongs do not make a right.

Despite the provocation, there agent's response was UNCALLED FOR.

That guy really flamed out.

seewhat-deniro.jpg

Agree with most of this, but a passenger has no right to threaten an airline employee, who in this case was the gate agent, who are under a lot of stress to handle passengers of all kinds (I know it's their job) and pressure to get the flight off the gate on time. Granted the gate agent should have just instructed the passenger to butt out and sit back down, and left it at that instead of going back and forth with the passenger, but shet happens in the airline world.

No one is going to tell me to "butt out" of a situation that they insert me into. The airline could likely have avoided turning this into a spectacle, and the altercation with the male passenger, by dealing with it off of the aircraft rather than in the front of the cabin where everyone could witness. In this case, the airline permitted the situation to be everyone's business and surrendered their right to tell other passengers to "butt out."

I fly commercial several times a year, and generally dislike it, in part because of various forms of subtle intimidation proffered by airlines and airline employees. The "do as we say, or you don't have to fly today" attitude is a huge problem, and is the antithesis of best practice for a successful business.

Again, I know that everyone has a bad day at work now and again, and for that reason should but cut some slack in situations like these. That's the reason why it appears that this situation should be relegated to an isolated customer service event, and not broadcast all over the media. If we're now stooping to declare flared tempers and "almost" injuries into the bucket of what's unacceptable in life, all of us are in trouble.

JKG

There's really no logical argument where you invite someone to witness a situation and then proceed to tell them it's none of their business.

JKG

Well alrighty then man.

th

Last edited:
From that short video I think both men who were yelling were out of line, the gate agent more so, since he was representing the airline. There was no reason for the male passenger to stand up and make a scene at that point, though. On the other hand, we don't know what went on before the video started. The female FA did a good job of keeping them apart. Seemed like two guys who were itching to go at it. Not uncommon...

Cue...

"All electronic devices will be turned off and placed in this bin for the duration of the flight... for your and our safety..."

... in 3... 2... 1...

Hahaha. I wouldn't be surprised anyway.

Seriously? I thought it stood for Stupid Jerk Wad. Which that guy was.
I'd say DB (douchebag) and a First Class one at that!

Honestly, regardless of the gate agents actions with the mother, that DB is kind of lucky the Captain didn't feel it necessary to step between them, because that guy's ego was about to set him up for an interfering with a flight crew charge.

No one is going to tell me to "butt out" of a situation that they insert me into. The airline could likely have avoided turning this into a spectacle, and the altercation with the male passenger, by dealing with it off of the aircraft rather than in the front of the cabin where everyone could witness. In this case, the airline permitted the situation to be everyone's business and surrendered their right to tell other passengers to "butt out."

I fly commercial several times a year, and generally dislike it, in part because of various forms of subtle intimidation proffered by airlines and airline employees. The "do as we say, or you don't have to fly today" attitude is a huge problem, and is the antithesis of best practice for a successful business.

Again, I know that everyone has a bad day at work now and again, and for that reason should but cut some slack in situations like these. That's the reason why it appears that this situation should be relegated to an isolated customer service event, and not broadcast all over the media. If we're now stooping to declare flared tempers and "almost" injuries into the bucket of what's unacceptable in life, all of us are in trouble.

JKG
Until Doug Parker figures this out, its only going to get worse.

Let's face it, when management treats its employees like crap, eventually they stop caring about making the company look good. AMR treated its people like dog crap and for some idiotic reason, when they merged East/West with American, they adopted Americans way of doing business.

No one I know at American (pilots of FAs) is happy right now, whether they were East, West, AMR, TWA.....they all hate it. That doesn't help when those miserable employees are forced to deal with the public.

The FA was a dick, made a woman cry, tough guy. The other guy, who knows. I had to look up SJW too, I don't think that applies here as all the SJWs I've seen care only about themselves.

The FA was a dick, made a woman cry, tough guy. The other guy, who knows. I had to look up SJW too, I don't think that applies here as all the SJWs I've seen care only about themselves.

Oh no. You haven't looked up enough SJW YouTube videos yet. They're all out "saving the world" one video at a time, before retiring to their studio apartments for a PBR.

Back