Another Incident. This time AA

Oh no. You haven't looked up enough SJW YouTube videos yet. They're all out "saving the world" one video at a time, before retiring to their studio apartments for a PBR.

Hmmmm, I probably should pass, some things are better unknown....:eek:

The passenger guy most certainly woukd have been removed if it was our airline, possibly in handcuffs.

The passenger guy most certainly woukd have been removed if it was our airline, possibly in handcuffs.
I didn't bother to watch the video a 2nd time, but it seemed like the way he and the other guy got into it so quickly that something happened on the jetway between those two.

Male FA was an idiot for responding to the other idiot but when the pax threatened him he would have been off our plane

Flying commercially today is stressful enough. TSA, fully loaded flights, folks with lots of carry on luggage because they are to lazy or to cheap to check bags, short turn around time for flight crews and gate agents.

Folks need to take a time out and treat others with more respect and or give them a little lea way in this environment.

Flying commercially today is stressful enough. TSA, fully loaded flights, folks with lots of carry on luggage because they are to lazy or to cheap to check bags, short turn around time for flight crews and gate agents.

Folks need to take a time out and treat others with more respect and or give them a little lea way in this environment.

Awww the TSA part is my favorite. A pat down of my favorite place to be patted down. Such service.

I see nothing particularly more stressful about it than when I traveled weekly.

Hell, the crews used to have to serve entire meals in a two hour domestic hop to everyone on board and keep all the special needs diet items straight.

Nowadays they just have to take care of the four people dumb enough to want a $5 Coke on their credit card who didn't buy the $3.50 Coke in the terminal. Past the "no hair gel" checkpoint of doom, of course.

Flights were as full back then as they are now. Well the seat pitch is tighter so there's a little more self-loading cargo, but still fully booked.

The same people who'll complain about the crowd at the airport will stand in line for two hours and pay more at Disney the next day. Mooooo.

Flights were as full back then as they are now. Well the seat pitch is tighter so there's a little more self-loading cargo, but still fully booked.
Gotta disagree with this one too.

Yes, overbooking did happen back in the 70s/80s/90s, but in general, many markets had a lot more flights per day than now and consequently a lot of those flights left the gate only 2/3s to 3/4s full.

Today (and really since the airlines started dropping less profitable routes and the number of flights per day trying to refer from costs post 9/11), it is much harder to find empty flights than it used to be.

Actually, even before the 1978 there was a lot of overbooking. Back in the day there weren't any sanctions on cancellations, seats weren't assigned before you got to the gate, and there were more than a few no-shows. My father used to book flights on multiple airlines at different times (obviously a single airline wouldn't let you over-book yourself like that).

These days, there's far less reason to do it. The penalties for changes are higher and the seats are assigned at ticket purchase time.

Gotta disagree with this one too.

Yes, overbooking did happen back in the 70s/80s/90s, but in general, many markets had a lot more flights per day than now and consequently a lot of those flights left the gate only 2/3s to 3/4s full.

Today (and really since the airlines started dropping less profitable routes and the number of flights per day trying to refer from costs post 9/11), it is much harder to find empty flights than it used to be.

Dunno, traveling at typical business travel times of day in the 90s, I never saw empty seats, ever. Only on the occasional red-eye.

Was also really rare to not have to cram the bags into the bins when I was a ramp rat. Stuff the mail around the bags, it had to go. It was making the real money of the flight by then.

Well I take that back. I was on a partially full evening flight from Miami to St Louis on TWA once. They went under a month later. Travel agents had already stopped booking business travelers on them other than ours, I guess. Got a nice 1st class upgrade on that leg in a 727. Luxurious. The seat was as wide as any La-Z-Boy.

Going all the way back into the 80s and 70s you're talking the difference between regulated an deregulated and it took a while for that all to change even after deregulation, so it's not really apples to apples.

Folks wanted degregulation and competition. They got it. Not sure what they were expecting but cheap is the order of the day now for a very long time. Not just frugal. Cheap. I'm amazed it's not like most public transport with some drunk guy peeing over in the corner on the carpet next to his seat.

WTF, you're back?! I thought you were tossed forever. Welcome back, til the next time, LMAO (of giggle).

What is SJW? I want to find out if I'm one or what % I am.

Yeah it was a long one this time. They just don't understand or get me. :lol:

SJW? Hell if I know. I'd make a guess but then I'd probably get banned again. Ask James, he used it.

The overhead bin is the bane of air travel. Back when there was just a hat rack up there and if you wanted to carry something aboard it had to be a "carry on" sized bag that fit under the seat, you could actually get on and off the plane in a reasonable time. Now you got people schlepping their life's possessions (often in excess of the liberal carry-on allowance). Some may blame the baggage fees, but it was happening before the airlines adopted that piece of anti-social behavior.

I disagree fully. Back in the early 70's I traveled a lot for work. I remember flights out of Chicago were about 80% full and sometimes less...:)

Regulated with set pricing. Not even relevant to what the business model is today.

The overhead bin is the bane of air travel. Back when there was just a hat rack up there and if you wanted to carry something aboard it had to be a "carry on" sized bag that fit under the seat, you could actually get on and off the plane in a reasonable time. Now you got people schlepping their life's possessions (often in excess of the liberal carry-on allowance). Some may blame the baggage fees, but it was happening before the airlines adopted that piece of anti-social behavior.
I carry on because there's little chance of luggage getting lost or delayed. Also, there is no wait to check bags, or to pick them up at the carousel. The one time I checked a bag in the past few years, I was sorry I did. Walked right through Global Entry but waited 45 minutes for my bag.

Really got worse to where it is now when airlines started charging to check bags. People trying to save a few bucks by taking their bags onboard. I don't blame 'em.

Really got worse to where it is now when airlines started charging to check bags. People trying to save a few bucks by taking their bags onboard. I don't blame 'em.
Exactly. It was a problem before, made even worse by the checked bag fees.

Yeah it was a long one this time. They just don't understand or get me. :lol:

SJW? Hell if I know. I'd make a guess but then I'd probably get banned again. Ask James, he used it.

Well, you do seem to be an acquired taste. ;) Of course, the same has been said about me a time or two... or a hundred.

Personally, I enjoy your posts and our friendly banter. We share a sort of irreverent humor that puts off some folks.

Personally, I enjoy your posts and our friendly banter. We share a sort of irreverent humor that puts off some folks.

That's right! We know what's real and important. **** them if they don't appreciate us. :rofl::rofl::rofl:

For what?

I'd probably start updating my resume if I was crew on a flight that pulled a shanghan like that: somehow got a corrupt policeman to illegally remove the guy for doing nothing illegal and actually standing up for a lady with small children.

You fly for united by chance?

For what?

I'd probably start updating my resume if I was crew on a flight that pulled a shanghan like that: somehow got a corrupt policeman to illegally remove the guy for doing nothing illegal and actually standing up for a lady with small children.

"You try that on me and I'd drop you."

Sounds like a threat to a crew member which is punishable with prison time and fines.

"You try that on me and I'd drop you."

Sounds like a threat to a crew member which is punishable with prison time and fines.

Except it's not a threat, it's simply and clearly a warning, if you lay hands on me I will defend myself, which is also considered self defense. Really not a issue if, as many mothers have taught their young children, you keep your hands to yourself.

BTW if the airline was in the right they wouldn't have rebooked the lady 1st class and removed the stew from duty

Except it's not a threat, it's simply and clearly a warning, if you lay hands on me I will defend myself, which is also considered self defense. Really not a issue if, as many mothers have taught their young children, you keep your hands to yourself.

BTW if the airline was in the right they wouldn't have rebooked the lady 1st class and removed the stew from duty
LOL ok James. Try that exact line on an FA or other crew member and see how far your "warning" gets you

For what?

Threatening a flight crew. It's a felony. You can spin it anyway you like, but it's a threat.

I just don't believe you're that stupid.

"If you don't do what I say I wiill kill you".
That's not a threat????

I thought the guy he was threatening was the gate agent.
I've been trying to make sense of that as well. The news says he is a flight attendant but he is dressed differently than the other flight attendants so I assumed he was the gate agent.

LOL ok James. Try that exact line on an FA or other crew member and see how far your "warning" gets you

Most flight crews I've come across haven't hit women carrying children with objects.

That's not a threat????

If you attempt to murder me I will kill you.
Warning.

If you try to fight me I will fight back
Warning.

Y'all must be REALLY easily threatened lol

Yeah I thought he was a gate agent. I dunno...

That's not a threat????
That's not exactly what happened. James has a point but I'm not sure if the distinction matters in this case.

I've been trying to make sense of that as well. The need says he is a flight attendant but he is dressed differently than the other flight attendants so I assumed he was the gate agent.
There are so many different uniforms for FA's, that it's hard to tell.

Most flight crews I've come across haven't hit women carrying children with objects.

Warning.

Warning.

Okay.... I'll tell you what.
Write a letter and tell the secret service that if Trump doesn't do what you want you will kill him.

Let's get their opinion.

Warning.

Warning.

I'm sure the FA/gate agen/whoever grabbed the stroller and just whacked the woman because that makes total sense. Just another sensationalized story.

Back