Alcohol

Depends on what percent ethanol was in the gas I pumped into my Jeep and how much I pumped.

Depends on how much windshield wiper fluid I used and what it’s content percentage was.

Same thing for household cleaners, depends.

Also depends on if I had a cold and took any NyQuil or similar medicine.

Now if you are referring to alcoholic beverages, it would depend on on many drinks I had, what size those drinks were, and the percentage of alcohol by volume the beverage contained.

Not really sure what the OP’s rather vague question’s intent was.

I run E-10 in my airplane all the time - better than the so called "low" lead.

About 4.5 - 5 gallons per hour depending on how hard I push it.

How much do you use?
Which kind? For what purpose?
I must have used 200 liters of methanol for purifications, but maybe only 10 liters of 2-propanol. I only used a few milliliters of other alcohols to make some esters.

Zero. Drank more than my fair share in my teens and 20s. Once I got into EMS, it just wasn't worth the risk.

Zed internally. Externally, perhaps on a scratch.
And the question's intent was obvious, as this is the medical forum.

Absolutely none of your damned business.

Wow, Michael is Clairvoyant! I didn't know that, I'm impressed!

I've been involved with the FAA's medical review board and one proposal is that Michael's answer is going to added as an acceptable answer for 18(v) on 8500-8.

;)

Let's see...I had a beer with dinner on my anniversary. I had a beer with dinner in the spring when my son made Eagle. Before that...I can't remember.

Gosh, I guess that makes me an alcoholic. Sigh, off to a HIMS session.

I feel sorry for people who don't drink. When they wake up in the morning, that's as good as they're going to feel all day

~Dean Martin~

;)

images

Was told by a wise old professor many years ago that this question mostly leads to judgemental assumptions: “anyone who drinks more than the questioner has a drinking problem”.

How much do you use?

Just enough to soak the end of a Q-Tip but it must be 99% Isopropyl. I won't use that 70% stuff to clean my electronics.

That is what you're asking, right?

Was told by a wise old professor many years ago that this question mostly leads to judgemental assumptions: “anyone who drinks more than the questioner has a drinking problem”.
That’s why i try to hang out with alcoholics.lol

I generally use whatever amount is enough to dissolve and remove whatever it is I'm trying to clean off the surface. 99% works best, but it's tough to find. 91% works OK for most things. If alcohol doesn't work, move on to some other solvent as needed.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back