Alcohol

How much do you use?

Some days, not nearly enough.

e427d118570da0e9e50b4eb8d44bdf59.jpg

Great, now who said it, Frank or Dean?

Think it was Frank

Zero. Drank more than my fair share in my teens and 20s. Once I got into EMS, it just wasn't worth the risk.

Lol, that would make you a odd ball in that industry, I can’t think of any of our RNs or EMT-Ps who don’t drink.

I’m actually a little surprised at all the people who don’t enjoy a nice beer or scotch here, muslims and mormons or something??

“You can't be a real country unless you have a beer and an airline. It helps if you have some kind of a football team, or some nuclear weapons, but at the very least you need a beer.”

-Frank Zappa

And only frank zappa.

To totally hijack the thread, @DaleB , while in Vegas over the weekend I had a chance to try a couple of drinks. I did not care for the Jameson, but the Glenlivet 12 year old was pretty solid. So, maybe Im gonna be a single malt Scotch guy.

To totally hijack the thread, @DaleB , while in Vegas over the weekend I had a chance to try a couple of drinks. I did not care for the Jameson, but the Glenlivet 12 year old was pretty solid. So, maybe Im gonna be a single malt Scotch guy.
Good for you! Glad you had the chance to try some out. I wasn't a fan of Jameson either. Try Powers when you get a chance. I'm new to the Irish whiskies, so those are the only two I've tried, but I like Powers a lot better.

"A quarter-bottle of Caol Ila 12yo, equally at home in golf bags, on winter walks or during wet weekends at the seaside."

Who writes that crap?

This is what you want

You’ll thank me later
I'm a big fan of Islay, as long as it's properly done. Haven't tried that one. I'll probably never give my single malt Scotch up, but I'm certainly willing to explore Irish as well. Even Lagavulin isn't perfect for every occasion.

I'm a big fan of Islay, as long as it's properly done. Haven't tried that one. I'll probably never give my single malt Scotch up, but I'm certainly willing to explore Irish as well. Even Lagavulin isn't perfect for every occasion.

Which one do you like?

I’m a smoky scotch guy, if my recommendation didn’t give that away ;)

Caol Ila is the smokiest i have ever tasted. Be prepared.

Which one do you like?

I’m a smoky scotch guy, if my recommendation didn’t give that away ;)
Same here. Smoke and peat carry the day. I've only tried a few, and so far my favorite is Lagavulin. Laphroaig is good, but I don't like it as much. I haven't tried Caol or Ardbeg or the rest, but I want to. Just not enough to buy a whole bottle before sample as many as I can and see how I like them.

Think it was Frank

Lol, that would make you a odd ball in that industry, I can’t think of any of our RNs or EMT-Ps who don’t drink.

I’m actually a little surprised at all the people who don’t enjoy a nice beer or scotch here, muslims and mormons or something??
Heck, we may just be people with a rather sad family history.

We talking like at the end of a long rotation or what's the context here?

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

Having tried all the good bourbons,I’m giving it a rest.

Bourbon is a wonderful excuse to not drink Scotch. But, theres usually a bottle of decent single malt held in reserve for "special occasions" or some such as the need arises.

Bourbon is a wonderful excuse to not drink Scotch. But, theres usually a bottle of decent single malt held in reserve for "special occasions" or some such as the need arises.
:) :) I do 3 fingers of Black label bourbon In an old fashion glass every night after the keys are put away..

But I may post after that. :)

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back