AC rental or partnership in Central Iowa

jimbo

Filing Flight Plan
Display Name

Display name:
Jimbo
I'm brand new to PoA. I'm a PP ASEL, IFR, w/Acrobat endorsement. I live in central Iowa and I'm looking to find either a Cessna 177RG, 182 straight or RG, 210 or Bonanza to either rent or partner with. 600+ hrs most of it in Cessna retrac/HP.

I'm brand new to PoA. I'm a PP ASEL, IFR, w/Acrobat endorsement. I live in central Iowa and I'm looking to find either a Cessna 177RG, 182 straight or RG, 210 or Bonanza to either rent or partner with. 600+ hrs most of it in Cessna retrac/HP.
Can you explain the acrobat endorsement?

@SkyDog58: It's a 'sign off' that I can fly aerobatics in aerobatic rated SELs in which I am current. I used to fly the Citabria 7KCAB for those maneuvers.

So it is a FBO or club specific sign-off rather than an actual endorsement? Normally when I think endorsement, I think Part 61.31 endorsements such as complex, tailwheel, high power, etc.

@SkyDog58: No, as it appears in my logbook it's a sign-off by my Aerobat CFI; I presume in order to meet the insurance requirements to A) fly solo in that AC, and 2) to engage in aerobatic maneuvers including emergency egress and chute deployment as I recall. The sign off/endorsement is part of my logbook from 1979. I have the endorsements also for the other AC types you mention (HP, Complex, TW). Those too appear as a sign off; no FARs are mentioned however. Do you suppose my CFI's missed something? I have flown many sportsman sequence airshows and never had an issue...

It is not my place to judge your CFI, though no mention of the CFR in the logbook entries for your endorsements might be a concern. Maybe one of our esteemed CFIs can weigh in. There are some knowledgeable ones on here. I was just unfamiliar with the term “acrobat endorsement” and that is why I asked.

I am just getting back into aviation after being out since 1990 so it's likely some of the old FARs have changed. If you've never done aerobatics, it's a hoot. I highly recommend it to any pilot as as way to enhance pilot skills.

Back