A typical pilot job interview

Now I understand why an ATPL is so difficult to achieve.
Only the talented few can meet those standards.

Haha.

But this truly undermines the training and professionalism that we actually go through.
I don’t expect most here to understand that. We are not private pilots that have been checked out in big airplanes. There is a world of difference.

Haha.

But this truly undermines the training and professionalism that we actually go through.
I don’t expect most here to understand that. We are not private pilots that have been checked out in big airplanes. There is a world of difference.

It's obviously done for laughs, not to ding pilot professionalism. Be serious in the cockpit, but don't take yourself so seriously.

I thought it was great. :D

Haha.

I don't know anyone who thinks that professional pilots are just "checked out in big planes."

Haha.

WHAT!? When I posted this I assumed this was everything involved. Must be my PPL talking.

Oh and by the way, a retired airline pilot sent it to me.

It's obviously done for laughs, not to ding pilot professionalism. Be serious in the cockpit, but don't take yourself so seriously.

I thought it was great. :D
I think you are probably right.
It’s just so hard to tell around here. There are some very anti airline guys here. Admittedly it used to be worse. Perhaps things are lightening up.

I think you are probably right.
It’s just so hard to tell around here. There are some very anti airline guys here. Admittedly it used to be worse. Perhaps things are lightening up.

Any heartburn I have about flying airlines has nothing to do with the pilots.

I think those videos totally lack realism. Airline pilots are not that coherent. :D

And yes Kritchlow, that was a joke. I've worked with a bunch of you guys. 90% positive experiences. I'll still poke fun of y'all though. :p

I think those videos totally lack realism. Airline pilots are not that coherent. :D

And yes Kritchlow, that was a joke. I've worked with a bunch of you guys. 90% positive experiences. I'll still poke fun of y'all though. :p

And then there's those ****ing airline mechanics.....

oh relax, I kid!

Also, I don’t want to fly off the handle again..
Is this suppose to be some sort of joke?
Just so I know...

You’ll be much happier in life if, when unsure, your first assumption is that what someone says is a joke, rather than something intended to pizz you off.

And yes, that was a joke, Sheldon.

And then there's those ****ing airline mechanics.....

oh relax, I kid!

225027_1.jpg

Poor, poor airline pilot. Sorry, but I'm too busy feeling sorry for millionaires.

Haha.

I’ll bet your PTT button is bigger than everyone else’s, too, right?

Do busses have autopilots these days?

As soon as Tesla starts making buses they will. The reason autopilots on airliners came before they arrived on self-driving buses is because buses are much harder to drive than airliners, and the computers took longer to learn the rules of the road. Right turn, Clyde.

I’ll bet your PTT button is bigger than everyone else’s, too, right?
Not sure what that means, but if it’s bigger I’m betting your first in line to push it.

Back