A&P Schools in Fun Cities

mandm

Pattern Altitude
Display Name

Display name:
Michael
Sooo there’s supposedly a FAA website with a list of A&P schools but for the last two weeks, I couldn’t get it to open.

Wondering if anyone knows of any A&P schools in fun happening cities?

I don’t think we are ready for small town life, I did like the school here in Tulsa when I visited, but the city seemed a bit dead and lacking. Having some trouble convincing my other half to move down here.

If we are lacking city life, I think nature and mountains could help turn the tides. Just having difficulty finding options.

Just having difficulty finding options
Look for community colleges in areas you want to live that offer A&P programs. Then check to see if there are any residency requirements on tuition costs. CC programs also tend to a better value than standalone A&P schools like Spartan.
I believe that’s for those with OJT?
This route is only available for people who already have their Form 8610-2 authorizations to take the tests.

There's an aviation maintenance course at the college of Alameda, and their workshops are right next to Oakland International, I believe. https://alameda.edu/home/business-e...ortation/aviation-maintenance-technology-amt/

Might be fun if Oakland or San Francisco are your kind of thing - very expensive area to live, though!

As well as the nearby cities there are quite a lot of nice places nearby to go hiking, and the weather is very pleasant.

There's an aviation maintenance course at the college of Alameda, and their workshops are right next to Oakland International, I believe. https://alameda.edu/home/business-e...ortation/aviation-maintenance-technology-amt/

Might be fun if Oakland or San Francisco are your kind of thing - very expensive area to live, though!

As well as the nearby cities there are quite a lot of nice places nearby to go hiking, and the weather is very pleasant.
Fun and Oakland International isn't a couplet I would use. Dangerous would be a better choice.

There is an A&P school (Part 147 through local CC) at Donaldson (KGYH) which is near Greenville, SC. Based upon all of the new construction, some people must think it's a good place to relocate to. Blue Ridge mountains are about an hour away and the coast is about 3hrs.

Fun and Oakland International isn't a couplet I would use. Dangerous would be a better choice.
Wait, are you throwing shade on the airport or the city?

If a fun city is your main concern check out ERAU in Daytona. I have a Bachelor’s from them but only because my company paid the tab. It’s not cheap!
A&P school was on me, which is why I chose a local community college 2 year program.

There was an A&P school in Las Vegas, NV, not sure if it is still active.

IIRC at one time Duell Tech ( ?) was located in a prison.

JB Marshall runs a school in Morristown TN just outside the Gatlinburg pigeon forge area. At least JB used to last I knew...

San Diego Miramar College, it's a 5 semester program.

Back