2017 Garmin Pilot vs. Foreflight vs. WingX

Discussion in 'Flight Following' started by Eric Gleason, Nov 3, 2017.

1. olasek

olasek Pattern Altitude

Display Name:

Display name:
    olasek
    He is no longer leaning, he has already made up his mind. This is what it is all about - you try them all and then decide what works best for you. I was once solidly in the Garmin Pilot camp, I tend to like to support underdogs (GP's market share is about 6-8 times smaller then FF's) and was even resisting to give FF a try but once I did there was turning back. Like you said to each his own. My wife is now on the market to replace her car and the selection of potential cars is so vast she is totally lost, fortunately we only have a handful of EFBs to consider.

2. labbadabba

labbadabba Pattern Altitude

Display Name:

Display name:
    labbadabba
    I think it was not ADSB boxes specifically, it was a general ban that applied to non-approved electronics being used in flight. The ban was lifted some time ago.

3. labbadabba

Display Name:

Display name:
    labbadabba
  4. Eric Gleason

Eric Gleason Pre-Flight

Display Name:

Display name:
    Eric Gleason
    We had that same ban. It was targeted at cell phone use and selfies happening during flight , but written in vague language to avoid loopholes like "you didn't say I couldn't use my tablet to take a selfie." I don't think there was any intent to prevent people from using ADS-B units, EFBs, or topo software.

5. labbadabba

Display Name:

Display name:
    labbadabba
    Yep, technically, the ban is still in place but the wing addendum gave final authority to the PIC.