2014 Gaston's Attendee List

On the far right is this guy named Pete F. who wandered in. First comment was to Tim about his zipper.

Wish I were there but things just didn't align this year. Date fell on an end of a quarter which means I'm absolutely swamped with work. I need to run to Denver on Saturday, etc...

Third from the left is CTLSi/Ramp. ...

???

Well then ... I sure hope the annual for the Bo gets done in time so I can personally demonstrate the throaty sound of 88UL in an American Classic :goofy:

My beautiful bride and I should be there around sunset tonight! :goofy:

Awesome! See you then.

You missed a couple of turbine crop duster flyovers and arrivals this morning. I loved how the first guy threw his prop into beta and backed into his parking spot.

Dr. Dave and I are here... flew in in the Most Very Excellent Bellanca Super Viking!

Sharon B, Dave T (LetsGoFlying), Mike F., Danielle W., and Andrew F.

Ed Fred and Spike were out flying the Comanche. Myself and Dave had just returned from flying the Bellanca. Tim Winters (not pictured) and Andrew went flying in Tim's classic C182 this morning.

d9f4a578402682485043674dea614c88.jpg

You guys must have done something right. You have great weekend weather for Gaston's! :).

Kent and Kelsey just arrived! We made "runway lights" with the iPhone flashlight feature.

14 folks here, enjoying a group dinner: freshly griddled cornbread waffles with freshly made chili and toppings. For dessert, various cakes, cookies (thanks Sharon and Danielle), and homemade chocolate ice cream made by Tim.
c7f285589cb162354f15f53a850bcffc.jpg

Last edited:
What are you guys doing tomorrow? I may fly up if there if I can break away for a few hours.

What are you guys doing tomorrow? I may fly up if there if I can break away for a few hours.

Mostly just hanging about the parking end of the runway under the sunshade telling tall tales and hangar flying. All are welcome!

Well, my ride is still in the shop. If you happen to need some ballast weight in the piper, I can be in Conway or searcy. (I live in Cabot.) ...

brian];1566507 said:
Well, my ride is still in the shop. If you happen to need some ballast weight in the piper, I can be in Conway or searcy. (I live in Cabot.) ...

Hmm......

You know where KCXW is?

I can only be up there hour a couple hours at most. Need to be back home eary afternoon. More of a high guys....let's have a sandwich...ok...gota go type run.

A couple of hours would be good in my book. I have a honey do list (long story..)

If you are not comfortable I'm ok with that too ... I just saw your post about the same time I was about to beg out...

If you can be at the new conway airport at 9am you can right seat. Take Dave Ward west towards the river, left at the airport sign and follow it forever till you get to the main entrance. Turn in, then immediate right towards the T hangars. The road is called Lollie rd.

I'll be there.. Wearing my red bonanza shirt :)

I'll buy lunch.. Many thanks!

If I'm not there at 9... Assume I got lost ... I don't want to hold you up...

PM your numbers. If I'm ready to go, I'll call before taxing out.

See you two tomorrow. ETA and tail number? We strongly advise a high speed runway inspection pass to get the guy with the video camera off the runway. Just don't hit his head with your prop!

Morning breakfast has Greg B as Waffle Master

No worries...glad we got back before the skies closed in on us......

Fun sunset flight of two. Kent and me in his Mooney, EdFred in his Comanche. The lighting was perfect.

94fb113a6fdcd80ccd0c6a3aba937de1.jpg

You saw the photo of Ed's plane in flight above. Here are the moments that led up to that picture:

Glad you all are having fun. Wish I were there -- but instead I'm debugging code and trying to slam out some new features before the end of the quarter. Such is life!

A three bird formation low pass at sunset. Two wing tip to tip. And one in trail...inverted.

Wow...just wow...

Bellanca Super Viking (Doctor Dave's) departure:

Subsequent pre-landing runway inspection for deer and geese:

PS: if other Gaston's attendees want their runway inspections posted, PM me.

Wish I was there...

Back