$2,000 Annual Inspection

brien23

Cleared for Takeoff
Display Name

Display name:
Brien
Most of the shops around are at $2,000 for a Annual inspection big jump in price. How much does your Annual cost not those from the trunk of a IA on the airport but from a shop.

Depends on,if I assist with the annual.

$2k flat rate on a Piper Lance.

$500-800 plus parts depending on what he finds, C172. I help as much as I can. My A&P is one who does it for the love of aviation, his day job pays the bills. One day he is going to retire and my cost will rise dramatically.

$1650 (Base) Cessna 182P.

When we bought the plane we called 5 different FBO's. The lowest base price was $1500. Ours was the most recommended and 2nd highest base price.

Last year $400 for the inspection and $400 for hanger rental. Beech B-19 Sport

Just under $100 this year. And about 30 hours of my time. Wish i had gone experimental years ago. Could have done a lot more flying with none of the financial fear.

All three shops on the field quoted 28 hours for my C210. So $2,800 plus oil and filters. We may wait a month for our guy to have time. It’s $1,000 if we do all the work.

Iirc $1850 for the inspection only. We tend to do some pre-emptive maintenance at the same time which increases the total.

This year it was $900 base, $495 for the IFR checks, And another $2.5k for required fixes and "owner requested" extras.

Even in the 1990s when the bare inspection for a 172 was $850, the total cost always exceeded $2K.

Well, there is the cost of just doing the basic inspection, then there is the cost of doing the little things required to keep it airworthy and/or in top condition. (Not necessarily the same thing.)

A basic inspection for my AA-5, which would include oil change and filter, spark plug inspection and regapping, magneto check, etc. (the basics) is around $1000 for various local shops. Of course, there are always other compliance issues and things that require fixing, including (as examples) static/transponder check ($350 or so), ELT battery replacement, baffle and seal repairs, gasket replacement, wheel bearing maintenance, brake maintenance, minor structural work (crack repairs, etc.) On a good year, I can get everything done for $1500-$2000. Having a low time engine is very helpful in keep annual bills low (for now).

$1495.00 for a 1978 R182 10 days ago. Parts and supplies were additional

Just under $1,000 for an pa28 Archer II. I believe that's their base price, I rarely wait for the annual to get problems I have addressed so they don't generally have a lot to do beyond the regular inspect/adjust/lube stuff.

If you are getting quoted a flat rate for the inspection alone (not counting the cost to fix any discrepancies), then you are lucky. The local shop charges their hourly rate, and their mechanic, while good, is slow as molasses. Last year I had no choice but to use them (plane was a year out of annual) and ended up paying nearly $6000 (for the inspection alone it would have run $4000 or so). This is for a 1976 Cardinal RG. This year at KRUT it was $1300-ish for the inspection, plus discrepancies, for a total of around $3000.

In Ohio, about $1000 base for my PA28. In Florida, it was $1400. My actual annual cost was closer to $5k this year though because I got the ADS-B GDL install plus IFR checks, etc.

$2k is about what I think I pay for a Sierra annual, annually. However, I'm pretty handy with metric screw drivers and a monkey wrench, so I do a owner assist annual. Kinda lucky to get a special "Reverse 20% Discount." I'm not sure how it gets applied, though. Seems like I spend about $400 more than my buddies do, and they don't even get to help. Something about broken tools on the last invoice, I can't remember. But I don't think a screwdriver should bend like that.

Back