Private passage for privileged pets

Let'sgoflying!

Touchdown! Greaser!
Display Name

Display name:
Dave Taylor

If this reduces the number of rich people abusing the service animal system by claiming their poorly trained dog that ****s in the cabin is for "emotional support", then I'm all for it.

If this reduces the number of rich people abusing the service animal system by claiming their poorly trained dog that ****s in the cabin is for "emotional support", then I'm all for it.
Rules for thee not for me, relates to the arrogant attitude of certain people that rules are meant for the rest of the world but not for them, because they consider themselves above the law – in other words, they abuse their wealth .

I see people of all income levels abusing the service animal system. In college, my daughter had a nice piece of luggage destroyed by the chewing of her roommate's emotional support rabbit. Increasingly, staffers at hotels, stores, etc. are counseled that they can no longer even ask if an animal on the premises is an emotional support animal.

Rules for thee not for me, relates to the arrogant attitude of certain people that rules are meant for the rest of the world but not for them, because they consider themselves above the law – in other words, they abuse their wealth .

That attitude has nothing to do with money and everything to do with personal entitlement.

The truly rich charter so they can take their pets with them.

Increasingly, staffers at hotels, stores, etc. are counseled that they can no longer even ask if an animal on the premises is an emotional support animal.
According to the American Disabilities Act, in situations where it is not obvious that the dog is a service animal, staff may ask only two specific questions:

(1) is the dog a service animal required because of a disability?

(2) what work or task has the dog been trained to perform?

The exact nature of condition does not need to be disclosed. Staff CANNOT legally push for details.

Personally, if the dog is behaving and not causing any disturbance then I don't care.

To be honest, cross country in a G550 for $6000 seems like a steal. If I lived anywhere near HPN or VNY I'd be tempted to grab my heeler mix and do it as a bucket list thing.

To be honest, cross country in a G550 for $6000 seems like a steal. If I lived anywhere near HPN or VNY I'd be tempted to grab my heeler mix and do it as a bucket list thing.
The human gets to go along for free.

I worked on a Fairchild SA-226 named Lucky Dog. It was the drummer for the BG's and supposedly, per the pilot, he would transport his dogs up to New York for their vet visits

I wonder if they would hire any of us single engine guys with a CPL for "connecting flights". :D

When my wife and I got married and rearranged our lives to cohabitate, the biggest challenge of all was a 13-1/2 year old white shepherd who needed to move from one side of the world to the other. She made it, on the only direct flight between two points in the general vicinity of the origin and destination, after an 12 hour flight that terminated with a period in her box on the ramp at 105 F. Have you seen the coat of a white shepherd? Meanwhile if my wife’s dog had died in transit my short marriage would have been tainted forever. In that circumstance I’d have happily paid for a $10K biz jet trip for the dog if such a thing had been available. As it was I was happy she made it, dehydrated and in mild shock, with the first stop from the airport being the closest veterinarian where she could recover in a cold, quiet room for a hour. I had prearranged the vet visit knowing it might be necessary. She then lived another two years, and I was very grateful that it worked out.

Just thinking about it now makes me feel rough. Losing $10K would not have had the same lasting effect.

Last edited:
As much as I hate the entitlement of the bring-your-pet-fn-everywhere crowd, I actually haven't seen a misbehaved pet yet, nor a potty issue. I assume it must happen, and I don't assume the owner must deal with it promptly.

As such I would take 2x the number of entitled pets out there in the world, but in exchange, I want the ability to drive an two icepicks into the earholes of anyone using a speakerphone in public.

I told my company that i needed a comfort labrador retriever in order to keep working there or i just couldn't do it emotionally anymore. and that my labrador needed a comfort quail to retrieve. but the lab kept chasing the quail all over the office so they wouldn't let me anymore.

Sometimes it's just the pet. I once flew an Ultra up to Vancouver to pick up a cat, then bring it back down to Orange County.
yes indeed. The guy who bought my blowded up Arrow also does the part 91 thing, and spoke to me of exactly those anecdotes you highlight. In his case, taking a lap dog from Dallas to NYC for a grooming appointment, in an empty mid-cabin. My close family friend who manages aircraft in the Caribbean for 40 years, shares similar anecdotes. These excesses appear common in part 91.

yes indeed. The guy who bought my blowded up Arrow also does the part 91 thing, and spoke to me of exactly those anecdotes you highlight. In his case, taking a lap dog from Dallas to NYC for a grooming appointment, in an empty mid-cabin. My close family friend who manages aircraft in the Caribbean for 40 years, shares similar anecdotes. These excesses appear common in part 91.

Yeah, that's probably the worst of what I've done, but I've definitely heard some good stories from the Gulfstream guys too. Fortunately most of the folks willing to slum it with me in a lowly Citation were a bit more level headed. ;)

As much as I hate the entitlement of the bring-your-pet-fn-everywhere crowd, I actually haven't seen a misbehaved pet yet, nor a potty issue. I assume it must happen, and I don't assume the owner must deal with it promptly.

As such I would take 2x the number of entitled pets out there in the world, but in exchange, I want the ability to drive an two icepicks into the earholes of anyone using a speakerphone in public.
I've been unlucky enough to experience it on a commercial flight from Edmonton to Vancouver. Business class drink service hadn't even finished when the fancy breed "support animal" belonging to some sheepish-looking 20-year-old took a massive dump right in the aisle. The smell made you painfully aware that you were breathing recycled air in a contained metal tube.

Since it was a short flight and we had already taken off, the flight continued, and we suffered the rest of the way while an extremely stressed-out "support animal" was tended to by an equally stressed-out owner. If we had to turn back and people missed their plans, well, have you been to an Edmonton Oilers game?

Getting realll close to retirement. My boss loves hauling passengers. I prefer root canal. So we developed the mantra, “I fly gear, he flys rears.” I would absolutely love to fly someone’s pampered pooch though! Not sure how receptive my boy would be sharing the back seat though.

IMG_8283.jpeg

Back