YouTube training videos!

It doesn't. My concern was someone, possibly a low time pilot (sorry I don't know what level the OP is at) watching these videos and actually thinking they were INSTRUCTIONAL, as the thread title suggests. U have every right to watch and enjoy this crap as much as I have to hate them.

It's hard as an experienced pilot to watch some of these videos and not think that.

One particular video made by one of the people in question, he took off with something like 8 total gallons onboard in a 172. IMO, rather stupid. I remember when I was first starting, I used a lot of the videos on YouTube to "learn", didn't care that they were "instructional only". I think that perhaps these guys with a LOT of subscribers should be cognizant of the fact that new guys might very well follow their lead, regardless of the disclaimer at the beginning of the video.

That said, out of the two "big amateurs", I like Flight Chops' editing style the best. I used to watch Mr Aviation 101's videos a lot as a student... His style has changed quite a bit and the monotone dialogue drives me nuts now:)

Like or hat em, they're all helping publicize GA and that's a good thing.

All this raises the question, are most people watching to be entertained, or are they trying to learn something?

Here's another self-proclaimed "best selling" author. http://www.self-publishingschool.com/

"Discover the exact blueprint how to go from “no idea” to bestselling author in 3 steps!
Free video course reveals how to write, publish, and market your first book -- even if you don’t have time, writing skills, or a book idea!"

He sells books telling people how to write books and claims to be a "5-time best selling author". Best selling? Really? Maybe he's the best selling author on his street.

I filmed some instructional videos on my way back from Myrtle. I'll have to edit them and add some really fking annoying commentary and then I'll upload em.

All this raises the question, are most people watching to be entertained, or are they trying to learn something?

IMO

I believe people would rather be entertained than learn something. Just turn on the T.V. and you will see what I'm talking about!

I was taxiing at KMSN a couple weeks ago and someone was taxing from the opposite side of the airport in a King Air. I looked at my copilot and we both thought the pilot talked and sounded like Guido. But we brushed it off as being someone else.

Turns out it was him! Pretty cool. We were head to head at the threshold. I got the line up and wait and he took off behind me. He said there will be a video in the coming months. He sent me a short clip of my takeoff clearance.

not as exciting or educational, but one of my recent rescue flights.

https://youtu.be/A1aTDPz1Gok

HEY, not fair!

I propose a new rule: if you show pictures or videos of awesome/cute/fun pups, you MUST produce said pups for socializing. Or else! :devil:

P.S.: Extra points for bringing dog food for the hungry pups in the luggage compartment. :D :D :D

Back