YouTube training videos!

FloridaPilot

Pattern Altitude
Display Name

Display name:
FloridaStudentPilot
Hello,

I just wanted to say that I have been watching videos on YT by Mr Aviation 101 on IFR pretty interesting stuff, he has a lot of good content on there:

Do you folks have videos on You Tube that helps make you a better pilot?

Thanks!

Flight Chops is pretty good. I like MrAviation101 but more for entertainment not really for training purposes.

Training videos? you're kidding, right? He's a kid with a camera, that's it. I respect his desire to share his videos of aviation but he is not a CFI and his videos are riddled with incorrect information. Flight chops videos are edited very well but he is also not a CFI and his videos are not instructional. I'm sorry but I can't stand Mr. aviation and the fact that you think his videos are instructional really scares me

Training videos? you're kidding, right? He's a kid with a camera, that's it. I respect his desire to share his videos of aviation but he is not a CFI and his videos are riddled with incorrect information. Flight chops videos are edited very well but he is also not a CFI and his videos are not instructional. I'm sorry but I can't stand Mr. aviation and the fact that you think his videos are instructional really scares me

Agreed on all counts. Mr. Chops productions are actually enjoyable to me and he's posted some interesting material.

The hardest part is taxiing. All those taxiways! Helps to have taxiways with airplane icon telling you right where you are. That helps immensely.

Another vote for M0A. Decent videos. Obviously he is also trying to sell ground school training, but the videos are instructional

Any video you can learn from is a training video, especially videos of folks screwing up.

BTW nearly the entire King school PPL IFR CPL video collection is on youtube, just piece by piece.

I can't stand Josh or Jason. Both of them bug the living **** out of me.

I agree. I used to like Josh's (Mraviation101) videos more but the cheesy voice overs and over dramatic videos bug me now. And in video he said something like "N80991 taking runway any traffic in area please be courteous and advise." :rolleyes:

BTW nearly the entire King school PPL IFR CPL video collection is on youtube, just piece by piece.

Kink has cracked down on the Youtube postings. Used to have almost everything on line but most complete segments are now gone.

If you want some professionally produced by CFI vids, look up UND university of North Dakota. They have some good ones.

I watch them from time to time although I have some of the same complaints listed above. What is impressive is their ability to monetize their hobby.

You can watch Jerry W videos and learn what not to do. Especially how not to circle to land at OAK 33.

I've yet to find truly good training videos on YouTube. Jason's voice is annoying, and his videos don't have any depth. The best you can do in 5 minutes is start a conversation.

Any video you can learn from is a training video, especially videos of folks screwing up.
So you are saying that I should post more videos of me flying and not just effing up the maintenance?

Last edited:
I'm sorry but I can't stand Mr. aviation...
I can't stand Josh or Jason. Both of them bug the living **** out of me.
I agree. I used to like Josh's (Mraviation101) videos more but the cheesy voice overs and over dramatic videos bug me now. And in video he said something like "N80991 taking runway any traffic in area please be courteous and advise." :rolleyes:
+1

Jason's start out with the high volume intro, I'm annoyed before he starts talking.
I'm glad I'm not the only one that thinks these guys are complete tools.

I dig StevoKinevo!! :)
I enjoyed Guido Warnecke's videos...

These guys I can actually stand listening to and their turbine stuff is more exciting than a kid taking his girlfriend flying in a 172.

These guys I can actually stand listening to and their turbine stuff is more exciting than a kid taking his girlfriend flying in a 172.

Agreed.

He's not on Youtube, but the Iron Eagle series is a good training video set.

690677f5_ironeagle22d.jpeg

That's a bit strong.

I don't find any of these videos to be that useful, and Jason's delivery reminds me of 70s used car salesmen. But he's well short of a "tool."

Jerry W is another story. He's a guy I really would rather not share airspace with.

Check out Dick Rochfort. Most of his material is PA-46 specific but excellent content even if your flying something else.

Check out Dick Rochfort. Most of his material is PA-46 specific but excellent content even if your flying something else.

That is exactly right, I watch him too. I tried to get him to be my CFI at one point!

THAT is exactly right!

Last edited:
I for one, and I know there are a lot of other people like me, enjoy the Mr. aviation and flight chops videos.

I know they're not instructional, and they make mistakes, but they are done by people who are passionate about aviation at a grassroots level like me.

They are done with a fair amount of professionalism, and I learn something every single time I watch them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The King videos are just short clips taken from their courses for advertising. The great bulk of their videos don't make it to YouTube.

The best flightchops one is when a women friend encounters wake turbulence on short final in a 152, that one is worth watching

I for one, and I know there are a lot of other people like me, enjoy the Mr. aviation and flight chops videos.

I know they're not instructional, and they make mistakes, but they are done by people who are passionate about aviation at a grassroots level like me.

They are done with a fair amount of professionalism, and I learn something every single time I watch them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Agreed.

I think yall are being a little hard on Mr. Aviation. He never presents his videos as "instructional" and although he does mundane and routine stuff that won't excite experienced pilots this stuff is huge for those that are still learning***, and especially those that may just be interested in or are just plain enthusiastic about aviation. He's not deserving of the ire he seems to be generating. In my opinion, GA needs more people like him.

*** Yeah he screws up in a few videos, big whoop. It's not like he consistently packs his videos full of misinformation or BS. At any rate, it shouldn't be enough to hurt someone that's learning.

That's a bit strong.

I don't find any of these videos to be that useful, and Jason's delivery reminds me of 70s used car salesmen. But he's well short of a "tool."

Jerry W is another story. He's a guy I really would rather not share airspace with.

Jerry W is based at my home airport. He seems like one of those 'it's only a matter of time' guys.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Thanks!

To specifically answer your question, "Fly the Wing" with Gary Wing has good, brief instructional videos. I'm a sucker for any aviation related videos, so I guess that makes me less critical.

I'm sort of obsessed with Mooney transition training videos right now and although they're not instructional per se, I'm learning a bit from the CFIs in the videos.

Back