Youtube Pilot and her dad perish in TN

Status
Not open for further replies.
I got some videos before they were taken down and made an analysis of one. Watch before the copyright police lodge a complaint.
Somehow I get the impression Ms. Blalock was doing the helpless heroine act on purpose. May have come by it naturally, but I do believe there was forethought in it. Something like 'Perils of Pauline' or 'damsels in distress.' Generating drama steadily. Like someone said a few hundred posts earlier who wants to watch a competent, routine flight?

That mindset might explain her ability to minimally pass a PPL ride on merit rather than looks. No vamping there probably, or maybe there was a video--don't know. Going back to intent: once she had the ticket, then she was free to broadcast all her travails to the world.

There has to be a plot to all this. Or a diagnosis of some cognitive disorder or deficiency. What gets me is her willful disregard for how dead that airplane could kill her while she was playing with her cameras and all those buttons.

I would not want to have a signature in her log book.

Somehow I get the impression Ms. Blalock was doing the helpless heroine act on purpose. May have come by it naturally, but I do believe there was forethought in it. Something like 'Perils of Pauline' or 'damsels in distress.' Generating drama steadily. Like someone said a few hundred posts earlier who wants to watch a competent, routine flight?
Stevie Triesenberg isn't hurting for views, likes and subscribes. Just the flys the plane.

Thanks for the tip. I’ll watch one of her videos for eye bleach.
What bleach? "... I was just answering the question from your post.
Like someone said a few hundred posts earlier who wants to watch a competent, routine flight?

Apparently the answer is 290k subscribers, and 5 millions views, wants to watch "a competent, routine flight". Nobody has to like it, but many, many somebodies do.:dunno:

Actually, I was being complimentary of your suggestion. It would be a pleasure to watch a good flight after that last disastrous video where the pilot didn't know which way to turn, literally.

From the Urban Dictionary: eye bleach

Looking or experiencing something nice after witnessing something horrid like a disgusting gif or a disturbing video. Typically used as eye bleach are nice images of whatever makes the disturbed person happy.
"Bleach my eyes! Why is that woman's face ripped off!?"
*Looks up images of puppies and kittens.*
"That's good eye bleach."

Does anyone here know the formula for how much YouTube pays content-creators? I assume it's based on number of views.

Apparently the answer is 290k subscribers, and 5 millions views, wants to watch "a competent, routine flight". Nobody has to like it, but many, many somebodies do.:dunno:
What a difference. Bleach process complete.

Actually, I was being complimentary of your suggestion. It would be a pleasure to watch a good flight after that last disastrous video where the pilot didn't know which way to turn, literally.

From the Urban Dictionary: eye bleach

Looking or experiencing something nice after witnessing something horrid like a disgusting gif or a disturbing video. Typically used as eye bleach are nice images of whatever makes the disturbed person happy.
"Bleach my eyes! Why is that woman's face ripped off!?"
*Looks up images of puppies and kittens.*
"That's good eye bleach."
Ahhhhhh! Well yeah, Stevie will fix you right up after TNFG.

Cheers:cheers:

Does anyone here know the formula for how much YouTube pays content-creators? I assume it's based on number of views.
Backsolve from this:

In 2023, Stevie Triesenberg, the dynamic YouTube personality, and accomplished pilot, has seen her net worth soar to remarkable heights. Estimated at over $3 million, her journey from humble beginnings to digital stardom and aviation success is a testament to her dedication and hard work.

https://hookeaudio.com/stevie-triesenberg-net-worth/

Based on watch time. More time watched = more ads shown by youtube.
Long video with lots of views translates to more money.

The pay per view is very fluid and changes based on a large number of factors. There is no straight line formula that says X views = X dollars.
Even the niche is taken into consideration. A million views on investing in crypto currency will pay more than a million views on an aviation video.

I can have 2 videos with close to the same number of views and the earnings can be significantly different. Many Many variables.

I got some videos before they were taken down and made an analysis of one. Watch before the copyright police lodge a complaint.
That flight makes me feel like a genius. (I'll try not to let it go to my head!)

Oh my.
@dmspilot thanks for that video analysis.

I can’t believe- in their longtime home- east TN, they could *both* be so lost, so turned around, on such a pretty day. It’s truly astounding to me.

Backsolve from this:

In 2023, Stevie Triesenberg, the dynamic YouTube personality, and accomplished pilot, has seen her net worth soar to remarkable heights. Estimated at over $3 million, her journey from humble beginnings to digital stardom and aviation success is a testament to her dedication and hard work.

https://hookeaudio.com/stevie-triesenberg-net-worth/

That there is funny. Like a Wiki page gone wild, maybe AI generated. If her net worth is anywhere near $3M it sure isn’t from YT.

So doing some number crunching...
from ad revenue alone her YouTube channel should have netted her about $120,000.

Her very first video got 1.2 million views so she was likely able to monetize from the first video so she doesn't have a delay like most people who have to build up to an audience before they can capitalize.

Doing that with only 22 videos is pretty impressive the eye candy formula is working.

I need shorter shorts.

For aviation videos between 15 and 20 minutes long, with all add types enabled, you're getting between $5,000 and $6,000 per million views. Again, there's other variables but that's ballpark.

Stevie Triesenberg isn't hurting for views, likes and subscribes. Just the flys the plane.
I was thinking the same about FlyWithKay. She flies out of the Houston area and has done some really good documenting of routine flights and the occasional "I don't like this, I'm gonna land" flight. She annoys me slightly so I don't watch all her videos but if there's a young woman out there who wants to find a peer example of being a good pilot, Stevie and Kay are both great options.

I was thinking the same about FlyWithKay. She flies out of the Houston area and has done some really good documenting of routine flights and the occasional "I don't like this, I'm gonna land" flight. She annoys me slightly so I don't watch all her videos but if there's a young woman out there who wants to find a peer example of being a good pilot, Stevie and Kay are both great options.
The hard part with her is she spends an hour in the run up area live streaming for every 10 minutes in the pattern.

I don't watch her on YouTube but on TikTok she's famously called run up kay because she just sits there in live streams forever. From a TikTok perspective the only thing she cares about is the cameras.

"Let's see if we can get x amount of likes and then we'll take off"

I had to block her.

Based on watch time. More time watched = more ads shown by youtube.
Long video with lots of views translates to more money.

The pay per view is very fluid and changes based on a large number of factors. There is no straight line formula that says X views = X dollars.
Even the niche is taken into consideration. A million views on investing in crypto currency will pay more than a million views on an aviation video.

I can have 2 videos with close to the same number of views and the earnings can be significantly different. Many Many variables.
To add to what @SixPapaCharlie said, one of the bigger variables is season. Ad rates are much lower today (after Christmas) than they were a few weeks ago (before Christmas) unless you are producing health/exercise content. I know several content producers that squirrel away content during the year to have more to publish during Nov/Dec.

Income outside youtube is a big part of the picture for most people also. As an example, I get more free beers from channel supporters at SOS Bros than I do from youtube money. :D

Just one data point... my channel has ~3000 subscribers yielding revenue of about US$19/month. Seems the real money must be in sponsors and Patreon.

Just one data point... my channel has ~3000 subscribers yielding revenue of about US$19/month. Seems the real money must be in sponsors and Patreon.
Start making at least one 15 minute video every week. Stick to a schedule, release Friday afternoons when people are doing nothing at work or Saturday mornings eventually youtube will tell you when your best time to launch is.

Try to make content that is trending or news YouTube is the second biggest search engine behind Google That's why all this plane crash video nonsense does so well.

Chinese spy balloons, Trevor Jacobs, Trent Palmer lawsuits anytime that type of news happens You don't have to make a video about it but you can make a video about a topic that loosely relates to it and include that verbiage somewhere near the end of your title and in your description.

You need to feed your core audience so whatever you're good at that people like about you you need to do that once a week but you also have to reach out to a larger audience that's where news and trending stuff comes in. You probably won't convert most of those people but they'll pay your bills.

Also this is the most important thing... How do you look in yoga pants?

Here is another

And I think Stevie is also Sponsored by Bose...

how-much-do-youtubers-make

the interesting thing is, most of these youtubers attempt to help people and give advice on what to do in their areas of 'expertiese', ie investing, fitness, etc.... TNFG showed people exactly what NOT to do. but the dramatic video titles get a lot of suckers to click. heck sometimes I'll even click the obvious ones, pause the vid and go right to the comments. typically I'll see comments referencing the clickbait title and then I don't even watch it.

There's also "FlyWithKay" that combines a very strong "talk to the viewer" component with a "Excuse me here, I'm flying the plane" priority.

the interesting thing is, most of these youtubers attempt to help people and give advice on what to do in their areas of 'expertiese', ie investing, fitness, etc.... TNFG showed people exactly what NOT to do. but the dramatic video titles get a lot of suckers to click. heck sometimes I'll even click the obvious ones, pause the vid and go right to the comments. typically I'll see comments referencing the clickbait title and then I don't even watch it.
It's interesting that TNFG never showed up in my feed. I watch a TON of aviation-related channels. It's what got me back into flying a couple years ago. Stevie, Kay, Kelsey (74Gear), Ryan (Missionary Bush Pilot), Juan (blancolirio), Hoover (Pilot Debrief) I'm subscribed to and a dozen others have shown up routinely over the last couple of years. Never once had I seen TNFG. I wish I could say my account avoids click-bait titles and sensationalist thumbnail previews but I know that's not possibly the case.

Doesn't this all sound like what the MSM goes through trying to gather an audience? I prefer the YT channels that have low drama and provide some beneficial information or knowledge, with a little bit of entertainment thrown in. The best ones are done by someone with a background or education in cinematography/media or that actually learns how to present well. Of course, even they can get crazy with the shock factor and click bait. I just have to pick and chose where I'll spend (waste?) my time.

Oh good, so it’s not just me being annoyed there… I don’t watch much YT aviation content, but some stuff shows up on my YT feed and occasionally I’ll give it a look. Most videos just bug me with too much “look at me!”… and the flying/camera chatter is just, ehh. I’ve watched a few minutes of Kay’s videos here and there, and while she looks to be a competent pilot, it seems that most of her videos are too long at 45-ish minutes with too much chatter and droning along in a Cherokee 180… boring.

One of the guys I do like to watch is Hermann, the German dude videoing his travels in his RV-8. No silly chatter or ”look at me”, but just well produced videos with a bunch of cool flying and beautiful scenery.

Oh my.
@dmspilot thanks for that video analysis.

I can’t believe- in their longtime home- east TN, they could *both* be so lost, so turned around, on such a pretty day. It’s truly astounding to me.
And if all else failed, there was a (presumably functional) compass sitting right in front of them at eye level.

Reminds me of one of my early flight lessons when I got turned around, and my instructor asked me "Which way is the ocean?"

"West!" (Duh!)

Doesn't this all sound like what the MSM goes through trying to gather an audience? I prefer the YT channels that have low drama and provide some beneficial information or knowledge, with a little bit of entertainment thrown in. The best ones are done by someone with a background or education in cinematography/media or that actually learns how to present well. Of course, even they can get crazy with the shock factor and click bait. I just have to pick and chose where I'll spend (waste?) my time.
I really like the Aviation101 channel. The guy is a CFII who can fly anything he wants, but he chooses to fly a Skyhawk and has some of the best videos out there. Interestingly, he doesn't talk to the camera in the plane very much. Uses a lot of voice-over and typically has TWO other people in the plane managing cameras.

Yeah, the misleading titles really bug me. Even sites that I otherwise like have started doing it.

It's interesting that TNFG never showed up in my feed. I watch a TON of aviation-related channels. It's what got me back into flying a couple years ago. Stevie, Kay, Kelsey (74Gear), Ryan (Missionary Bush Pilot), Juan (blancolirio), Hoover (Pilot Debrief) I'm subscribed to and a dozen others have shown up routinely over the last couple of years. Never once had I seen TNFG. I wish I could say my account avoids click-bait titles and sensationalist thumbnail previews but I know that's not possibly the case.
I'm definitely a Kelsey fan. He says he's going to cut back on his YouTube content. I suppose he won't miss the slight income reduction, since the recent appearance of a fourth stripe on his uniform presumably comes with a pay raise.

Be careful who you say "Missionary Bush Pilot" to.

Don't ask me how I know.:oops:

It is my observation that learners often get lost and confused.

I have no doubts that I looked lost and confused as I learned to fly.

I sometimes did not understand the priorities of aviation.

I feel aviation is a very different world and some people take longer to adjust to it than others.

I would not have expected her confusion would lead to two deaths.

I feel the system of flight instruction let her down.

I will be more vigilant based on what I have learned from this accident.

I feel aviation is a very different world and some people take longer to adjust to it than others.

I would not have expected her confusion would lead to two deaths.

I feel the system of flight instruction let her down.
Some people get themselves and others killed in the time it takes them to adjust. Was she confused when she was on the ground, running multiple red lights? Who uploads videos to Youtube of them committing rolling stops and laughing about it? She wasn't confused, she was a competent businessperson. She was cavalier, and reckless. If the "system of flight instruction" let her down, then the system of driving instruction is a failed institution. You teach people, they pass, and go on to do stupid, reckless ****. I'm not coming at you. I just don't get why anyone else has to be blamed. Blaming others, removes her agency as a full grown adult. She made choices, and didn't seek to take serious the life of her father, hers, or whoever else might be on the ground. I just don't believe thats fixed by a CFI or DPE. These are lifelong character flaws. She was a "girl boss" who did things her way. I think she went out on her terms. Sooner than she expected, but still on her terms.

You can't save people from themselves.

Some people get themselves and others killed in the time it takes them to adjust. Was she confused when she was on the ground, running multiple red lights? Who uploads videos to Youtube of them committing rolling stops and laughing about it? She wasn't confused, she was a competent businessperson. She was cavalier, and reckless. If the "system of flight instruction" let her down, then the system of driving instruction is a failed institution. You teach people, they pass, and go on to do stupid, reckless ****. I'm not coming at you. I just don't get why anyone else has to be blamed. Blaming others, removes her agency as a full grown adult. She made choices, and didn't seek to take serious the life of her father, hers, or whoever else might be on the ground. I just don't believe thats fixed by a CFI or DPE. These are lifelong character flaws. She was a "girl boss" who did things her way. I think she went out on her terms. Sooner than she expected, but still on her terms.

You can't save people from themselves.
Agree in general, but as to the "boss" part, the video that Dmspilot posted makes me think that she didn't understand the pilot-in-command concept.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back