Youtube Pilot and her dad perish in TN

Status
Not open for further replies.
•“I mean, what kind of a narcissistic society is it that people want to put out there, This is my life, and this is what I did yesterday? I mean … good grief. Doesn’t that strike you as strange? I think it’s strange.” – Antonin Scalia admitting he doesn’t have many Facebook friends.
Facebook is where exhibitionism meets voyeurism.

Nothing against toasters (besides the smoke alarm thing) but when gals like this go "Super Viral" or whatever you want to call it; then go do somthing fantastically stupid with an aircraft.......it's a double tap to professional female pilots everywhere. We only make up 5 percent of pro pilots, been stuck at that number for decades, and we don't need folks like this.
Agreed…my comment was attempting to say that comparing her IQ to a toaster is unfair to toasters.

Unfortunately more and more people seemingly believe that the only thing in life that matters and/or defines success is clicks/follows/likes. Sad.

I was all set for a Diana Ross quote... "“You can’t just sit there and wait for people to give you that golden dream. You’ve got to get out there and make it happen for yourself.”
Not Yogi Berra, but not bad.

As far as following someone on anything? I don't care about what *I* do on a day to day basis, why would I possibly care about what anyone else does?

Nothing against toasters (besides the smoke alarm thing) but when gals like this go "Super Viral" or whatever you want to call it; then go do somthing fantastically stupid with an aircraft.......it's a double tap to professional female pilots everywhere. We only make up 5 percent of pro pilots, been stuck at that number for decades, and we don't need folks like this.
Well. Perhaps but within professional circles I don’t figure anyone looked at this clown and was thinking “yep should have kept those women in the kitchen.”

She was obviously a **** pilot that just happened to be a woman.

I will propose this idea: Anyone that correlates this woman to all women pilots has an opinion that will never be changed. We should ignore and marginalize those people.

But more importantly, what kind of radial do you fly?

Well. Perhaps but within professional circles I don’t figure anyone looked at this clown and was thinking “yep should have kept those women in the kitchen.”

She was obviously a **** pilot that just happened to be a woman.

I will propose this idea: Anyone that correlates this woman to all women pilots has an opinion that will never be changed. We should ignore and marginalize those people.
You’re right.

However, perhaps this should give a little pause before we blithely say that all women are potential pilots and, in the case of United Airlines, actively pursue pilot sex over pilot quality.

Not all “Women Fly,” any more than all men do.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back