Your Airplane and Pictures???

shyampatel94

Pre-takeoff checklist
Display Name

Display name:
Shyam Patel
Hey everyone! I am really interested in seeing what everyone flies or flied! I would like to see some pictures and any modifications you have done with your plane! Lets keep this thread going!! I don't have a plane yet but here is a picture just to start things off!

Attachments

• DA-40.jpg
    DA-40.jpg
    463.6 KB · Views: 101
or flied!

Now I know why you're matriculating at San Macos and not College Station.... :ihih:

----------------------------------

Here is the Skylane and Bonanza that I'm 1/16th owner of. (www.metroflyersclub.com)

c182pic.jpg

c182inflight.jpg

v35pic.jpg

Click the link below for lots of pictures of my Cardinal.

Not including the link in your post is no fair for us Aggies... it's like putting us in the round room and telling us to pee in the corner

(I know you meant your sig line, but I've got that disabled and don't see it.)

Wait a sec... the rudder pedals are OUTSIDE? :eek:

Good thing the FAR's are okay with the occasional lost flip flop falling from the sky.

Not including the link in your post is no fair for us Aggies... it's like putting us in the round room and telling us to pee in the corner

(I know you meant your sig line, but I've got that disabled and don't see it.)

Sorry Mike! The url is: http://southshore.com/~jaj/

Here's that great shot climbing out of Gastons:

Attachments

• 177b.jpg
    177b.jpg
    120 KB · Views: 56
Oh you want photos, eh? Never ask an owner for photos of their baby.

It's worse than a parent showing you their wallet full of cherub photos that look like every other cherub you've ever seen!

8ynahajy.jpg

8yhyja5y.jpg

bupeqeqy.jpg

by4yqyju.jpg

e9uju7a4.jpg

u5aqazy5.jpg

y9y5e4ys.jpg

umuqusy5.jpg

That round shiny thing in the sky is the motor.

Attachments

• Snapshot 2 (7-12-2013 10-06 PM).png
    Snapshot 2 (7-12-2013 10-06 PM).png
    127.3 KB · Views: 59
Nate: Which STOL kit is on 79M? How much does it help you when operating out of KAPA?

Me landing at home field . . . . kinda get the feel for it . . .

Attachments

• 764317.jpg
    764317.jpg
    298.2 KB · Views: 104
1946 Ercoupe 415C, 85hp,1320 lb. STC.

Attachments

• IMG_20130214_121000.jpg
    IMG_20130214_121000.jpg
    417.6 KB · Views: 55
Here is the helicopter I am a medic in. Actually got about an hour behind the wheel of it when we had the left seat in for one of our pilot's FAA check ride.

get-attachment1.aspx.jpg

FF3.jpg

Sold my RV7 last year and haven't got around to replacing it. I do get to fly several airplanes and here are a couple of the current ones. Been flying the N3N a lot this summer but I will get the Cub next week and have it around for awhile. I have the engine and instrument panel out of the 140. Should have the engine back shortly.

Attachments

• cub banking.jpg
    cub banking.jpg
    88.6 KB · Views: 40
  • IMG_2754.jpeg
    IMG_2754.jpeg
    169 KB · Views: 34
  • 739800_10200171501272329_989375334_o.jpg
    739800_10200171501272329_989375334_o.jpg
    204 KB · Views: 27
Here we go

First solo - Aeroprakt A-20 (back in 2006) - actual picture of the third landing :)
attachment.php

Happy face after the first solo
attachment.php

My first (Lightning on the left) and second (Diamond on the right) planes during the brief period of insanity when I owned both in 2011

Lightning introduced me to the building a plane yourself (fun. Not quite ready to do it again though) and real xc flying. Went to Oshkosh in that plane in 2010 and took her on numerous burger runs around Florida.
attachment.php

Wanted a DA40 for 4 years and 2 month (time between first flying one and signing the paperwork buying my own), got my instrument rating in that plane and took my daughter flying for the first (and second, and third) time. Still many states to color on the map, but so far that plane took me as far as AR, TN, SC and the Keys. Yet, still a lot to see.

Logbook has about 30 more N-numbers that I logged my flights in (with engine and without, fixed wing and rotary), and there's probably at the very least another half a dozen that I didn't log, and many of those have their special place, but then I don't want to overfill the thread with my pictures :)

Attachments

• max.JPG
    max.JPG
    101.5 KB · Views: 479
  • max1.JPG
    max1.JPG
    132 KB · Views: 475
  • sDSC_0133.jpg
    sDSC_0133.jpg
    81.2 KB · Views: 478
A couple during shots

Attachments

• DSCN3558.JPG
    DSCN3558.JPG
    217.1 KB · Views: 43
  • DSCN0012.JPG
    DSCN0012.JPG
    2.2 MB · Views: 39
  • DSCN0014.JPG
    DSCN0014.JPG
    2.2 MB · Views: 40
  • DSCN0016.JPG
    DSCN0016.JPG
    2 MB · Views: 39
Nate: Which STOL kit is on 79M? How much does it help you when operating out of KAPA?

Robertson.

It makes my wallet lighter to the tune of $900 for a half a set of aileron hinges to replace one side this year. That must account for a significant reduction in useful load. ;) The joys of STCs! :)

Honestly, it doesn't help at all at APA. The shortest runway is 4800'. ;)

It takes a butt-puckeringly short runway or need to get off the ground (beating the airplane up in gravel, for example) to make it actually useful, and even then the additional drag means you lose obstacle-clearing ability. You're too slow to climb.

For me it does two things: It's fun. And it improves low speed handling. Maybe a far distant but important third, it could allow for a slower impact with things in the case of an engine out over inhospitable terrain.

The YouTube video below is what it will do at Gaston's closer to sea level. DW was kind enough to film a takeoff. He'd been getting off easily by the windsock with his STOL 172 and I felt like giving it a shot. I had about 55-60 gallons on board (we have long range tanks also, which are usually equally useless... I don't need five+ hour legs but it's nice for safety margin) and tossed everything else but me, the iPad, and the headset out in the grass before taxiing.

My technique is somewhat sloppy (tail bobbing courtesy of ham-fisted elevator control attempting to make sure the bumps in the grass there wouldn't cause a tail-strike), but it comes off pretty quick at that altitude.

Note that once off, it's not climbing. This is the thing that surprises most with STOL. You need to accelerate to lose all the drag of a Flap 30 takeoff. Then you can start to retract to 20 and at Gaston's altitude on a hot day, climb. Up here on a hot day, climb real shallow and keep accelerating to Vx or Vy depending on obstacles. I'm just fast enough to start retracting as the clip ends.

I also lifted off at least five knots above the speed Robertson says it'll fly at. In fact, I was planning another attempt and didn't think it had come off prior to the windsock, until the peanut gallery let me know it had via the Unicom. I'm not used to how well it'll scoot at sea level, and the additional power the O-470 puts out down there so I wasn't pushing it. Was meant to just get a feel for what it was willing to do at that altitude.

It's usefulness is really in getting the wheels up and off of unimproved runways if you have room to speed up and climb afterward. It'll also land and stop in spaces it can't get back out of, which is less useful. I've used it on some gravel runways to stop throwing crap into the prop and tail, as does one of the co- owners when he goes to South Dakota. (We always kid with him that the prop needs dressing after every one of his trips. Ha. He needs to roll forward after applying power.)

A few who've flown her and have considerable 182 time say the ailerons remain more effective, slower. Usually described as a "solid" aileron feel, even in the flare and touchdown phases of a landing. I agree but I'm used to it after 200+ hours in her.

The other interesting side-effect is the noise the stall fences on top of the wing make as they start to block more and more span-wise flow. I describe it as "singing", a metal vibration that's very high pitched and starts a bit before the stall horn and gets progressively louder the closer to the stall you get.

Power off, it doesn't really stall for long. It bobs the nose up and down. You can clamp the elevator aft with both arms and maintain straight and mostly level with massive rudder inputs and just bob down at rates between 1000-2500' per minute. Power on, it'll stall and shudder without a violent break, and recovery can be made back to controlled slow flight with just relaxing back pressure with the stall horn blaring the whole time. (Bad habit to do that for muscle memory and as a general procedure, but fun to purposefully demonstrate.) It'll also usually try to roll to the left from all the torque, p-factor, etc... Slowly. The ailerons are still effective but getting too wild with them is tempting fate and a spin.

Anyway, the video. It counts as a photo too, I guess!

http://youtu.be/D01jHXn2q28

This is my 1960 Piper Comanche 180. I've had it about 14 years. I think it's one of the best planes made, but I might be a little biased...
:yes:

Attachments

• Kevinflight4.jpg
    Kevinflight4.jpg
    39.5 KB · Views: 61
Here are the planes I owned first to last. I currently own the Eagle and 172.
Cessna 172D
Decathlon
Skybolt
Pitts S-2C
Cessna 172M
540 Eagle

Attachments

• a 013.jpg
    a 013.jpg
    1,010 KB · Views: 40
  • good fit.jpg
    good fit.jpg
    61.3 KB · Views: 35
  • barns4.jpg
    barns4.jpg
    134.3 KB · Views: 36
  • 172 3.jpg
    172 3.jpg
    37.2 KB · Views: 43
  • ziek cessna 1.jpg
    ziek cessna 1.jpg
    132.2 KB · Views: 40
  • a eagle 3.jpg
    a eagle 3.jpg
    135.1 KB · Views: 40
Here's my baby...no fixed wing for me. Eurocopter EC-130B4. ;)

ec130b4.jpg

panel.jpg

Last edited:
image.jpg

More pics linked in my sig file. The only mods are to the panel with the G-500/430w & analyzer.

Currently fly this - Bill's 2011 RV10 "Tigressa"

[/IMG]

Attachments

• Tigressa in front of hangar.jpg
    Tigressa in front of hangar.jpg
    276.7 KB · Views: 41
  • Tigressa Sun and Fun 2011.jpeg
    Tigressa Sun and Fun 2011.jpeg
    115.8 KB · Views: 49
Last edited:
My Cardinal....

Attachments

• cardnewpaint.jpg
    cardnewpaint.jpg
    231 KB · Views: 45
What brand/model of console do you have in your Cardinal? Are you happy with it?

Very happy with the center console. Everyone who rides in the plane comments on how nice it is to have an arm rest. I like it for the storage too. Between it and the glove compartment, everything is within reach. Saircorp made it. The quality is good. Would be excellent but some of the rivets loosened. It also was expensive at ~$500, but that was with a lot of options (cup holder, CD case, fire extinguisher holder, extra long arm rest and matching leatherette color for the arm rest). I also had it cut down a bit so as not to be as tall as the stock item, so it's the same height as the door arm rests.

Attachments

• console.jpg
    console.jpg
    22 KB · Views: 42
Here's "The Piggy:"

Attachments

• C140inGrass.jpg
    C140inGrass.jpg
    66.8 KB · Views: 55
  • C140inHanger.jpg
    C140inHanger.jpg
    75.8 KB · Views: 51