Your Airplane and Pictures???

Here is my baby. I upgraded the panel last year.

Abram
N301D

Attachments

• LandingNC_upload.jpg
    LandingNC_upload.jpg
    29 KB · Views: 73
  • IMG_2076.JPG
    IMG_2076.JPG
    620 KB · Views: 85
  • Fly4Fun Venice FL 02Jan2010 0082.JPG
    Fly4Fun Venice FL 02Jan2010 0082.JPG
    356.5 KB · Views: 73
Here's a pic of my Bellanca Super Viking the day it arrived and I took possession. It's my first plane and I'm loving it!

There's some more pics taken (unbeknownst to me) when I had it down in Santa Paula for its annual: http://www.airport-data.com/aircraft/photos/N89EL:1.html

The yellow Citabria, 374DM, out of West Valley flying club in Palo Alto is the plane I used when getting back into flying a couple of years ago after a 23 year hiatus. It's great to be back.

When I feel the need to do some yanking, banking, and upside down work, I rent West Valley's Super Decathlon 78GC.

Attachments

• 89EL1.jpg
    89EL1.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 38
  • 374DM.jpg
    374DM.jpg
    23.1 KB · Views: 23
  • 78GC.jpg
    78GC.jpg
    17.8 KB · Views: 24
Our (TenHiFlyers) club planes.

1983 Piper Dakota
image004.jpg

1980 Beech Bonanza F33A
image006.jpg

1988 Piper Saratoga SP
image008.jpg

Shameless plug - We have openings for anyone that might be interested and in the area of KBJC

I got a nice air to air shot today!

Attachments

• IMG_0975.jpg
    IMG_0975.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 44
Here's a pic of my Bellanca Super Viking the day it arrived and I took possession. It's my first plane and I'm loving it!

There's some more pics taken (unbeknownst to me) when I had it down in Santa Paula for its annual: http://www.airport-data.com/aircraft/photos/N89EL:1.html

The yellow Citabria, 374DM, out of West Valley flying club in Palo Alto is the plane I used when getting back into flying a couple of years ago after a 23 year hiatus. It's great to be back.

When I feel the need to do some yanking, banking, and upside down work, I rent West Valley's Super Decathlon 78GC.

The super Viking is on my list of airplanes i want!

-VanDy

The puddle jumper:
DSC_0593.JPG

Also have a share in a Cardinal for when I need to get somewhere a little quicker.

The puddle jumper:
DSC_0593.JPG

Also have a share in a Cardinal for when I need to get somewhere a little quicker.

Nice Pietenpol!! I'm rebuilding one, Grandpa and I even landed at the original Pietenpol field once!

-VanDy

How is the grass at vansant? There were a lot of ruts before and I don't want to rip off the wheel pants!

They did a fair amount of grading a few years ago so the ruts are gone. The grass has been longer than usual this year. Would the long grass affect your wheel pants?

Attachments

• massey1.jpg
    massey1.jpg
    398.5 KB · Views: 30
  • massey2.jpg
    massey2.jpg
    459.6 KB · Views: 24
Last edited:
Chandelle Flying (KAUS) Archer, refueling under the canopy at Austin Executive (KEDC):

9528594907_4a1e5b5763_c.jpg

Shamless plug:

This IFR/G (STEC, 430W) PA28-181 has a brand new interior, Scheme Designers paint job, and was recently professionally washed and waxed.

It's one of three nice airplanes we have in our 28 member ownership club, and there are memberships for sale.

Here's my Sonex. Finished it and got it certified in April. Fun planes. It's
my second one .. the other one I didn't build though.

Prior to that I've had:
Cessna 152
Warrior
Sundowner
Tiger
Warrior
Titan Tornado S (built)
Sonex (didn't build)
Sonex (built)

RT

Attachments

• SonexView.jpg
    SonexView.jpg
    251.3 KB · Views: 33
Here be the Champ:

Attachments

• Champ.JPG
    Champ.JPG
    84.1 KB · Views: 30
the white shark at LFK this morning :wink2:

Attachments

• comacnhe at lfk.jpg
    comacnhe at lfk.jpg
    90.1 KB · Views: 61
Hi All,

I just found this shot of my old machine on 'Airliners.net'.

Cheers

VHZUPAirliners.jpg

I own 1/4 of this Arrow :yesnod:

Attachments

• f762ad4853e8c7ae05de5e978efc8a3f716731c0.jpeg
    f762ad4853e8c7ae05de5e978efc8a3f716731c0.jpeg
    24.2 KB · Views: 34
This is my one and only plane, a '58 PA-22 Tripacer. It doesn't get me anywhere fast, but it does get me there. We've visited 48 states together.

Attachments

• 406 Big Creek.jpg
    406 Big Creek.jpg
    824.6 KB · Views: 41
  • Barb's Plane 043.jpg
    Barb's Plane 043.jpg
    855.9 KB · Views: 44
My new to me xc machine.

Attachments

• Prop.JPG
    Prop.JPG
    360.7 KB · Views: 33
  • R Rear.JPG
    R Rear.JPG
    349.7 KB · Views: 35
uq5q.jpg

My RV6A. Started construction in September of 1997, first flight April 12,2006

crsg.jpg

Current state of construction for my Hatz Classic. Downpayment made for a Rotec 9 cylinder radial 150 hp engine.

Last edited:
Thanks. Every time I open the hangar, I can't believe I actually built it. Its no show-stopper, but its all mine.......:)

Someone said something about the day when you sell your airplane to being happy day. Oh noooo... Seeing the plane that you've built leave without you is a particularly sucky day. I made damn sure I liked the new owner (and actually refused another offer after the guy started going on and on about how he's going to change that and do that - screw you, I built it like that. At the time and the budget point that was the Best Thing Ever. Anyway, rant off, a couple more pics on, she deserves it.

Picked up a bunch of parts in WI, then some in TN.. What the heck am I gonna do to all that :eek: Somewhere along the way dear wife got involved. On condition that she gets to fly it when its done. Surprisingly we only had one "It's your stupid airplane, you build it" moment throughout the whole build.
Any rate, she claims that I was the mastermind and she was the underpaid and under-appreciated work force behind it.

Dagger flight. Right. Something like that :) Saturday burger runs.

Even made it into a flying mag - Aerokurier - German publication.

Now she's over at Erie, PA. Give her a spinner rub for me if you see her there. N787FL - Florida Dreamliner.

Attachments

• build1.JPG
    build1.JPG
    315.5 KB · Views: 48
  • build2.JPG
    build2.JPG
    283.6 KB · Views: 42
  • 071110 Venice Lightnings.jpg
    071110 Venice Lightnings.jpg
    90.2 KB · Views: 43
  • Formation Flight 2.jpg
    Formation Flight 2.jpg
    98 KB · Views: 46
  • mag.jpg
    mag.jpg
    183 KB · Views: 40
  • sDSCF5634.jpg
    sDSCF5634.jpg
    98 KB · Views: 34
I second that. Love the paint on that beauty. Got any more pics to share of it?

Well...... If you insist....:rolleyes:

Thanks on the paint. Deciding on a scheme was one of the hardest things I did during the whole project!

xcw5.jpg

At OSH 2008

82qd.jpg

p0x2.jpg

iowo.jpg

Last edited:
Back