"You do realize this is not a plane right?" She says.

Fess up. Who has done this?

My wife called me out on the way to breakfast yesterday driving my car down the yellow line. 2nd time in a week I had been called out for doing this.

Complete habit. Just brain and muscle memory doing their thing.

I snapped a photo to mark the occasion.

attachment.php

This is Hicks airfield, right? You're on your way to The Beacon Cafe! ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

On many occasions I have driven into heavy rain or fog and instinctively looked at my instruments.

Since I am mostly flying taildraggers, when I drive down the taxiway it looks more like a NASCAR driver behind a pace car

To my credit, I am really good at keeping the Outlander right on the center-line.
easy to do with no crosswinds and a steerable nose. Run that Outlander backwards and let's see how your tailwheel skills are. :lol:

IME trying to find anything but Corona or Pacifico in Mexico at any sort of restaurant or food stand is impossible. Even way off the beating path, local food stand with all local customers, the options are Corona or Pacifico.

I spent a week at a place in Mexico that only had Dos Equis. At least they had both the light and dark versions.

Took a cab down to town one night and same deal, Dos Equis everywhere.

Maybe the brands buy out whole towns or something down there? Dunno.

I spent a week at a place in Mexico that only had Dos Equis. At least they had both the light and dark versions.

Took a cab down to town one night and same deal, Dos Equis everywhere.

Maybe the brands buy out whole towns or something down there? Dunno.

Enjoy a monopoly, my friend.....:D:D:D:D.

The most interesting beer in the world....:rofl::lol:

No takers on where Dos Equis got its name?

A co-worker in Guadalajara told me a few years ago that it was created for the centennial in 1900. Start of the 20th century. Hence, XX.

No takers on where Dos Equis got its name?

A co-worker in Guadalajara told me a few years ago that it was created for the centennial in 1900. Start of the 20th century. Hence, XX.

1900 was the end of the 19th century, 1901 was the start of the 20th.

1900 was the end of the 19th century, 1901 was the start of the 20th.

Yes, but you can't expect marketing people to know when a century starts, or why -01 is the start of a century, and not -00.

Also it was first brewed in 1897, and was just named that to commemorate the upcoming 20th century.

Last edited:
Back