"You do realize this is not a plane right?" She says.

SixPapaCharlie

May the force be with you
Display Name

Display name:
Sixer
Fess up. Who has done this?

My wife called me out on the way to breakfast yesterday driving my car down the yellow line. 2nd time in a week I had been called out for doing this.

Complete habit. Just brain and muscle memory doing their thing.

I snapped a photo to mark the occasion.

attachment.php

Attachments

• taxi.jpg
    taxi.jpg
    35.5 KB · Views: 662
To my credit, I am really good at keeping the Outlander right on the center-line.

It gets more problematic if you turn the wheel into the wind and try to steer with your feet.

The entrance road to the Evergreen museum at McMinnville is painted like a runway. All the correct markings. So I centered my Jeep on the centerline driving in. How else are you supposed to be on a runway? :D

It gets more problematic if you turn the wheel into the wind and try to steer with your feet.

nothing happens when I apply aft pressure on the wheel at 70...

The entrance road to the Evergreen museum at McMinnville is painted like a runway. All the correct markings. So I centered my Jeep on the centerline driving in. How else are you supposed to be on a runway? :D

I noticed that on Google Earth before our visit there in 2013. Told the guy driving to stay on the center line. :D

Fess up. Who has done this?

My wife called me out on the way to breakfast yesterday driving my car down the yellow line. 2nd time in a week I had been called out for doing this.

Complete habit. Just brain and muscle memory doing their thing.

I snapped a photo to mark the occasion.

attachment.php

You say that like there's something wrong with driving on a taxiway centerline.

You say that like there's something wrong with driving on a taxiway centerline.

That specific taxiway, on that specific airport is dual use, plane and car. While the plane should be taxied on the centerline, cars are expected to act like -- well, cars and drive on the right. In this case as well, the line is yellow and solid indicating that it is 'two way' traffic and passing is not allowed.

But - it was a nice try. :D

You're on a taxiway, you are in the correct position. Tell her to worry more about what she's making for dinner tonight, and leave the driving to the big brained people.

You're on a taxiway, you are in the correct position. Tell her to worry more about what she's making for dinner tonight, and leave the driving to the big brained people.

Good way to find out if the couch is comfy...:D

Aw Hell no!

I'd rather take the head on collision from the car coming the other direction also maintaining center-line.

Well, if you're a student pilot, you're supposed to be on the LEFT side of the centerline. That's what they all seem to do!

Only problem with that particular runway is that it's short and REALLY obstructed. Those guys need to watch where they land their 747s as well.

Last edited:
That specific taxiway, on that specific airport is dual use, plane and car. While the plane should be taxied on the centerline, cars are expected to act like -- well, cars and drive on the right. In this case as well, the line is yellow and solid indicating that it is 'two way' traffic and passing is not allowed.

I see. The OP was incomplete.

I'll have a T-Bone. Medium Rare, Plain baked potato and a green fosters when I get home tonight.

EdFred made me say it :rolleyes:

Sounds great. Honey, stop by the store and pick up some steaks and beer after work. And if you beat me home, throw the potatoes in the oven before you start grilling. :yes:

Aw Hell no!

I'd rather take the head on collision from the car coming the other direction also maintaining center-line.

Pansy-ass.

Wow . . .

Hush, you.

I'll have a T-Bone. Medium Rare, Plain baked potato and a green fosters when I get home tonight.

EdFred made me say it :rolleyes:

You have much you learn.

Sounds great. Honey, stop by the store and pick up some steaks and beer after work. And if you beat me home, throw the potatoes in the oven before you start grilling. :yes:

Again, hush you.

This is why my couches will always cost at least 4 times what a mattress does.

The couch again? Oh no. Hey sweet, I can watch women's PAC-12 Volleyball at 2 am without being asked if I'm watching it because of their uniforms or not.

This is why my couches will always cost at least 4 times what a mattress does.

The couch again? Oh no. Hey sweet, I can watch women's PAC-12 Volleyball at 2 am without being asked if I'm watching it because of their uniforms or not.

Isn't that a bit of a redundant question? :yes:

I'm still confused. Is it a taxiway or a road? On a taxiway, you are doing the right thing. On a road, not. If it's both, and cars are expected to act differently than planes, they should put up a sign.

Traffic-Signs-RM215-ba.jpg

It is a taxiway. Cars are allowed to use it to get to hangars, and other places on the airport.

I would assume in a car you would stay to the right since cars come and go from both directions.

P'OWNeD!

Nice shootin' there, Tex. :rofl:

I'm still confused. Is it a taxiway or a road? On a taxiway, you are doing the right thing. On a road, not. If it's both, and cars are expected to act differently than planes, they should put up a sign.

Traffic-Signs-RM215-ba.jpg

It's not needed, although it might encourage driver understanding.

http://www.txdps.state.tx.us/DriverLicense/documents/DL-7.pdf
pp 35, 36

Sadly, it would be knocked down at least once per day by low wing aircraft. Signage in TX must be at least 5'4" from the highest point of the adjacent roadbed, and not higher than 7'2", and laterally not more than 5' from the rightmost traffic lane edge. Oops. :wink2:

It's not needed, although it might encourage driver understanding.

http://www.txdps.state.tx.us/DriverLicense/documents/DL-7.pdf
pp 35, 36

Sadly, it would be knocked down at least once per day by low wing aircraft. Signage in TX must be at least 5'4" from the highest point of the adjacent roadbed, and not higher than 7'2", and laterally not more than 5' from the rightmost traffic lane edge. Oops. :wink2:

You know a lot of very specific things.

Back