Worst Beer Thread

mscard88

Touchdown! Greaser!
Display Name

Display name:
Mark
Apparently we’re on a beer thread kick now. So, what, in your opinion, is the worst beer, present or past. I’ll start with...

21FAC048-79A8-4004-ACB7-BCEE309C69AF.jpeg

Shafers...... Lucky grocery store used to have one in a yellow can. It just said Beer on it. That was better than Shafers.

Pretty sure you meant “wurst” ever and autocorrect got you. Most dark German beers go well with wurst.

Heineken..... but I understand Cirrus owners love it.
2-Navigation-tile-484x967-jpg.jpg

Blatz. Very appropriately named, it tasted much like two stroke exhaust.

We were in a little beer bar and ordered a pitcher of Miller. The tap ran out when the pitcher was half full, the bartender finished it with Blatz and gave it to us on the house. It was overpriced.

I never figured you for a Fallflat drinker.

One night in the RAPCON we decided to drink beer in the parking lot on an air base after we ended our evening shift. Everyone chipped in and we sent a gofer ( go for, go for that etc) to go get some. He came back with a case of Falstaff, and a case of Sterling. Now that I think of it, that Sterling was worse than Falstaff.

Out of beers not considered "bad", I think that Miller has an odd taste and I stay away.

An ice cold Schlitz after mowing the lawn on a hot day isn't bad.

But for all around badness => Natty Light.

edit:

Stag Beer seems to still be around.

Last edited:
Worst I ever had was "Drummond Brothers" that a college buddy picked up in Missouri sometime in the mid 1970s.

A few years later in Syracuse Schmidt's was widely considered the worst... but Fast Break Deli (widely considered the worst pizza in town) would deliver a large pie and a 6 pack of Schmidt's to the dorm for $5.00... at 2am when nobody was particularly discriminating...

We bought this crap for $5/case in 1983 (yes, we were under aged and STILL got it for $5/case)

It was awful. They had to be burning cold to get the first few in. But, hey, we were 18 and needed scrimp)

51m0dV%2Bfl8L.jpg

We bought this crap for $5/case in 1983 (yes, we were under aged and STILL got it for $5/case)

It was awful. They had to be burning cold to get the first few in. But, hey, we were 18 and needed scrimp)

51m0dV%2Bfl8L.jpg

Mentioned Carling above. Seemed to have a weird taste, almost ink like. Terrible beer.

Apparently, the MC thought some of the other threads were bad beer threads. Do you think this one is actually worse?

51m0dV%2Bfl8L.jpg

This is what happens to you when you are weened on Coors Light.

Black Label is an acquired taste, sort of like an Islay single malt. ;)

51m0dV%2Bfl8L.jpg
Ding ding ding ding ding!!! We have a winner!

Back in the day I referred to this a "Black Flag" a la the bug spray. I'm glad we share similar tastes.

I humbly offer the following as the first runner-up:

IMG_0835.JPG

Apparently, the MC thought some of the other threads were bad beer threads. Do you think this one is actually worse?

Some think they exhibited supremely poor judgement in locking a beer thread, and therefore other beer threads have been opened.

Lucky logger, the ones with the picture riddles/sayings under the cap.. All I could afford in school..

The good thing about the bad beers was you could buy a lot cheap. The difficulty was getting your girlfriend to drink it.

As I live in a state that has always had crappy alcohol regs, we've never had much variety in the beer department outside of the major brands and their sub-brands. That said, Keystone is about the worst in my opinion. Just the smell of "stones" makes my stomach queasy.

On that note, I'm pleased to announce that as of last Monday, we're finally able to buy/sell stronger beer (greater than the previous 3.2 abv) at convenience and grocery stores from the cooler. We should have other brewski brands entering the Oklahoma market. Hooray for Okies!

I distinctly remember (which is pretty remarkable given the topic) a beer called "Canadian Ace" that came in 1/2 gallon glass bottles for some insanely low price. It was gawdawful but within my price range which was "whatever's cheapest." Google says it wasn't produced after the mid '60's but this was a few years later - not sure what it really was besides big and nasty.

Nauga,
and the Canadian deuce that came later

My son had only had craft beers in his young life so I bought him one of these as a joke. "Beer-flavored seltzer."

bud_light_2016_can.jpg

I humbly offer the following as the first runner-up:

IMG_0835.JPG
There was also a version of generic beer in a yellow can we called, "Screamin' Yellow."
Ralphs in CA used to also sell generic liquor.

Nauga,
and the kind of scotch you drink when you know you're gonna die

Fisher beer. “Brewed” somewhere in Nevada. $.59 a 6- pack in 1972. Runner up is Blitz and Great Falls Select

Anything with the words Samuel and Adams on it.

I fell for the hype and bought one once. I had better tasting used motor oil in my mouth before.

Fortunately, I don't drink beer anymore.

Back