Wooden props

Same as Marine Corp Private, Army Private, Navy Seaman Recruit... except Air Force ate better.

I recall actually gaining 10-15 pounds, how'd that happen? All the starch they fed us I guess.

Tom:
As I said in my previous post, I've never hung a wood prop, but I do happen to know a thing or two about propellers in general.
I talk to E-AB builders almost daily about propeller/engine combos. Some of them are pretty standard, others have the "Demon-Tweak 2000X Combo" engine with tuned exhaust, HC pistons, hot cam, whatever.
All I can tell them is what I know. One of the things I say over and over again is that "just because you are Experimental,the laws of physics still apply." You say you've got a " 0-200 pushing (not tractor) with a Ted Hendricks prop that weighs 7 pounds." My advice to you (if your engine is "standard") is to talk to Ted Hendricks. He may have some advice for you. If he doesn't, and your engine is standard, then go with the info regarding the certified installation, because, after all, the laws of physics still apply. If your engine is not standard, then it may still be in your best interest to follow the standard configuration, unless there is some reason (which may be available on a forum specifically for your E-AB) that says otherwise.

PODs can be loaded to the specific job. when you notice how they are build you'll see a hard back, then three major transmitters or receivers then the canoe to cover it up.
one day a jammer next a snooper. or you can load a snooper on one side and a jammer on the other, It's kinda mix and match thing. but the ECM gear protecting the aircraft is in the rudder canoe.

Offensive ECM often takes the form of jamming. Defensive ECM includes using blip enhancement and jamming of missile terminal homers.

Dedicated ECM aircraft
EA-6B Prowler equipped with ALQ-92 communications jammer, ALQ-100 multi-band track breaking system, and five ALQ-99 tactical jammer pods.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Electronic_countermeasure

Offensive ECM often takes the form of jamming. Defensive ECM includes using blip enhancement and jamming of missile terminal homers.

Dedicated ECM aircraft
EA-6B Prowler equipped with ALQ-92 communications jammer, ALQ-100 multi-band track breaking system, and five ALQ-99 tactical jammer pods.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Electronic_countermeasure
Even when I left the command in 1981 the aircraft was way far advanced than what is written there.

Yup, where I started. "slick sleeve" I think they called us lol.

Me too, and the term is called "airman basic" for those wondering. Tom I have no idea what engine you may have but perhaps you could look at a manual for an aircraft which uses the same engine. For example on my Cherokee with the Lycoming 0-320 engine, the prop is clocked at 2 and 8 when viewed from the front with the #1 cylinder at top dead center. I realize that a wooden prop and a pusher at that may throw other variables into the procedure.

Me too, and the term is called "airman basic" for those wondering. Tom I have no idea what engine you may have but perhaps you could look at a manual for an aircraft which uses the same engine. For example on my Cherokee with the Lycoming 0-320 engine, the prop is clocked at 2 and 8 when viewed from the front with the #1 cylinder at top dead center. I realize that a wooden prop and a pusher at that may throw other variables into the procedure.
Your 0-320 has one large lug on the crank, the flywheel and prop will only fit 1 way.

The one thing in the E-AB community is that every one is an expert. but some really are, it's how to tell the difference? :)

Then I'm wondering how the mechanic before mine found the issue, managed to get it 30 degrees off. <scratches chin and looks inquisitively>

Then I'm wondering how the mechanic before mine found the issue, managed to get it 30 degrees off. <scratches chin and looks inquisitively>
Measure it with a micrometer, mark it with a paint brush, cut it with a chain saw, beat it into place and paint to match.

Back