Winds were a little stiff....

Ouch. We had like 170kts on the nose going down to CHS a few weeks ago.

Last edited:
This would be great "what do they mean when they say on course heading" fodder

It seems like that happens more frequently than not.

Heading was 278. Tracking 269. 767 displays in "track up" rather than "heading up". You'd think that would be annoying but you get used to it in about 5 minutes.
Wind vector is in the lower left corner. Was pretty close to being right on the nose so there isn't a lot of crab angle.

Heading was 278. Tracking 269. 767 displays in "track up" rather than "heading up". You'd think that would be annoying but you get used to it in about 5 minutes.
Wind vector is in the lower left corner. Was pretty close to being right on the nose so there isn't a lot of crab angle.

How was Seoul? (Is that where you're heading there?)

Yes. Seoul isn't a bad layover. We stay in a good area although it's a bit cold in January which is when I took that picture.

Yes. Seoul isn't a bad layover. We stay in a good area although it's a bit cold in January which is when I took that picture.

Whereabouts do you stay there?
(I lived there for a couple of years..)

We stay in Incheon. An area that was just open fields 4 years ago. It has been built up quickly. It's probably a mile east of the big bridge coming from ICN.

We stay in Incheon. An area that was just open fields 4 years ago. It has been built up quickly. It's probably a mile east of the big bridge coming from ICN.

Songdo, near the Sheraton ICN?
Definitely an up and coming area. Do you ever go to Seoul on your layovers?

That's the place, and generally, no. Too much hassle on most layovers. Sometimes we have a couple of days and then sometimes we venture out.

Back