Who's going to Airventure 2008 this year?

Are you going to OSH 2008?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

TangoWhiskey

Touchdown! Greaser!
Display Name

Display name:
3Green
I'm thinking about going, will be my first year if I do make it. Won't be flying in myself, will fly into Milwaukee, maybe stay in Sheboygan. Is there a bus that runs from Sheboygan to OSH each day? I'll have a rental car, so I could drive out there myself...

Planning on arriving by rental RV and camping! Osh really doesn't have hours, it never really ends, the vendors just go home. There's too much fun going on in the evenings to stay somewhere else.

We'll be there for the 6th year in a row. May be our first year flying in.

If I didn't have to go for work, I wouldn't go anymore. I'm so over it. The first 2-3 times was cool, though.

I've been going every two or three years since about 1980 and I still find it worthwhile at that frequency. Perhaps one reason I haven't burned out on it is that I rarely stay more than one day, two at the most.

I have a copy of the AirVenture NOTAM, and plan to fly the FISK VFR arrival (obviously without the temporary controllers) to OSH a few times this spring - assuming that big ball in the sky ever reappears and grants us VFR flying weather.

Then I'll probably chicken out and drive anyway. :( But regardless of how I get there, I'll be there.:yes:

I definitely want to...we'll see what evil plans my employer has in store for me then. Haven't been since '05 (and that was my first time) so I'd kind of like to go again.

I have a copy of the AirVenture NOTAM, and plan to fly the FISK VFR arrival (obviously without the temporary controllers) to OSH a few times this spring - assuming that big ball in the sky ever reappears and grants us VFR flying weather.

Then I'll probably chicken out and drive anyway. :( But regardless of how I get there, I'll be there.:yes:

Stan, the best way to experience a real OSH arrival is to do the real thing and bring a pilot you trust who's been there before. Having two pilots makes it easier in the first place. As long as the weather is decent, it's really not that tough, but I would consider driving or postponing if the ceiling and especially the visibility are sub par.

I'm in, as per the other thread! I hope everybody is planning on attending the spag feed! BYO (wine, beer, drinks) Like some have said- I only go in for a few days, so as to not get burned out on it.

Stan, DO IT! My first time I was solo. Many thought I was nuts, but I studied the arrival procedures thoroughly, and was well prepared. It wasn't that big a deal. Just requires a great deal of attention and the willingness to commit to the arrival. After you have done it once, you'll never view it with such trepidation again!

Driving up Tuesday night and camping at the Circle R. Not as many people there and they have a bus that runs to the show at the top of the hour and returns on the half.

Last edited:
I will probably be at the seaplane base for a day or two.:cheerswine:
ApacheBob

Stan, DO IT! My first time I was solo. Many thought I was nuts, but I studied the arrival procedures thoroughly, and was well prepared. It wasn't that big a deal. Just requires a great deal of attention and the willingness to commit to the arrival. After you have done it once, you'll never view it with such trepidation again!

Good advice! :yes:

Stan, the best way to experience a real OSH arrival is to do the real thing and bring a pilot you trust who's been there before. Having two pilots makes it easier in the first place. As long as the weather is decent, it's really not that tough, but I would consider driving or postponing if the ceiling and especially the visibility are sub par.

Better advice! :yes::yes::yes:

Thanks.

I am deff planning on going this year. I have flown in twice before, but this year I won't have a pilot in the other seat, so it might get intersting. I think that few words can describe the feeling of walking around the airshow, and seeing your plane in the field of all those others. Its just one of those things you gotta do.

Stan,

I'd be happy to go up and fly the procedures with you. I was scared ****less the first time I flew in, and it was "interesting" despite having studied the hell out of the NOTAM.

Once I "got it" though, all of my subsequent arrivals were non-events, and now I do it for fun... I think I flew the Fisk arrival (*counting*) Uh, about 5 times last year during the show. :D

I'm hoping to make a "how-to" video at some point, and I'm going to have to fly all the approaches a number of times. You're welcome to ride along. :yes:

Done deal for me! Just booked my flight from DFW to Milwaukee... first-timer incoming!

I want to go! But I don't know if I'll be able to fit it in :(

I had an amazing time last year (in large part due to Diana's amazing coffee service :yes:), so I'd hate to miss it...but....not looking good right now :(

-Felix

correct...

review your arrival notam! :)

Steve, unfortunately I won't be FLYING in this year, so the NOTAM is NA, other than "interest factor". I will definitely look for your bird in the WB section. Are you camping by it?

I had an amazing time last year (in large part due to Diana's amazing coffee service :yes:), so I'd hate to miss it...but....not looking good right now :(

Are there any POA meetups planned on the grounds? I'll be onsite Friday and Saturday, but staying at a hotel elsewhere, not camping on site.

Steve, unfortunately I won't be FLYING in this year, so the NOTAM is NA, other than "interest factor".

Troy,

How are ya getting to the show? Review the NOTAM, I'll come and pick you up so you can get the full Airventure experience. :yes: :D

The comment referencing the NOTAM alluded to the instruction to have "WB" displayed in your windshield upon landing at OSH (if you're parking in the WB area)...:p

I'll be camping in area set aside for WB pilots and volunteers, which is west of the WB aircraft parking and south of the North 40. I'm usually not in the campground during daylight hours, though, try the -51 area or jet line.

Steve, unfortunately I won't be FLYING in this year, so the NOTAM is NA, other than "interest factor". I will definitely look for your bird in the WB section. Are you camping by it?

Are there any POA meetups planned on the grounds? I'll be onsite Friday and Saturday, but staying at a hotel elsewhere, not camping on site.

Stan,

I'd be happy to go up and fly the procedures with you. I was scared ****less the first time I flew in, and it was "interesting" despite having studied the hell out of the NOTAM.

Once I "got it" though, all of my subsequent arrivals were non-events, and now I do it for fun... I think I flew the Fisk arrival (*counting*) Uh, about 5 times last year during the show. :D

I'm hoping to make a "how-to" video at some point, and I'm going to have to fly all the approaches a number of times. You're welcome to ride along. :yes:

Thanks, Kent! I'd like to take you up on that. I'll PM you when that star in our solar system finally reappears and gives us good flying weather.

Sorry for the delay - I was traveling to LA and Annapolis over the last week, and had 2,409 posts to catch up on!

Back