Who's going to Airventure 2008 this year?

Are you going to OSH 2008?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Tim

I only wish I were flying. It would take about 4 hours. That`s a lot better than the 8-9 hour drive. Will be camping at Scholler. Hope to see you Thursday at the Whitehouse.

Linda

Tim

I only wish I were flying. It would take about 4 hours. That`s a lot better than the 8-9 hour drive. Will be camping at Scholler. Hope to see you Thursday at the Whitehouse.

Linda

I understand - I drove last year from Virginia. Did have a fun ride on the ferry from Muskegon to Milwaukee, but the drive from OSH back to VA was a LOOOOOOOOOONG two days.

I'll be at the Whitehouse on Thursday, with my POA cap.

Where's the Whitehouse and what's going on there?
I don't know - it's a Babes and Airplanes tradition, and it will be my first time. So hopefully someone will give me directions...

And if any babes (or frogs) need a ride from the grounds, I'll have wheels.

Tim

Linda

Hey Linda, SHould we camp together agian???? I've been downgraded to a tent this year (was hoping for a camper).

Where's the Whitehouse and what's going on there?

I don't know - it's a Babes and Airplanes tradition, and it will be my first time. So hopefully someone will give me directions...

And if any babes (or frogs) need a ride from the grounds, I'll have wheels.

The way I find the white house is to offer Dave a ride... he knows where it is. And Dinner is what's going on at the Whitehouse Guess I should go on the Babes board and announce my intentions....

Let's see, I think Tuesday I'll be at a Dinner, Wenesday is Jeff Dunnam at the Theater in the woods, Thursaday is the whitehouse... now why am I bringing a cooler?

My current plane is to do the 14hr drive on Saturday 26th till Friday the 1st.

Well, as I noted in other threads, we're on again, albeit for only a single day (Wednesday, 7/30). Our FBO is taking the King Air up, and we're going on that. We got one of the mobility carts for Leslie, though I'm not sure yet how she'll get from the plane to the cart area. Hopefully she'll be well enough by then that she can walk it without too much difficulty.

The way I find the white house is to offer Dave a ride... he knows where it is. And Dinner is what's going on at the Whitehouse Guess I should go on the Babes board and announce my intentions....

Let's see, I think Tuesday I'll be at a Dinner, Wenesday is Jeff Dunnam at the Theater in the woods, Thursaday is the whitehouse... now why am I bringing a cooler?

Well I know where it is now, just don't know times... both you and Diana are welcome to a ride there.

Well I know where it is now, just don't know times... both you and Diana are welcome to a ride there.

What about me, or am I not attractive (or female) enough? ;)

Looks like I'll arrive on Sunday 7/27, and stay until I get bored.

I'll fly in when the weather isn't storming and stay until Friday. Looking for a passenger if you don't want to drive.

Maybe arriving 7/29 or 30. Stay til 8/3.

What about me, or am I not attractive (or female) enough? ;)

Looks like I'll arrive on Sunday 7/27, and stay until I get bored.

Sure, Ted, you're welcome. send me your cellphone. Unless you've been to OSH lots of times, the odds of you getting bored are very low.

Hmm... maybe I'll rent a bigger car.

Thanks for the offer for a ride Tim. Tom and I will have other plans for dinner Thursday, but y'all have fun! :)

Sure, Ted, you're welcome. send me your cellphone. Unless you've been to OSH lots of times, the odds of you getting bored are very low.

Hmm... maybe I'll rent a bigger car.

Don't worry about Ted, if he's at Oshkosh, he'll be at my tent. Since I'm driving in I'll have a car too.

Don't worry about Ted, if he's at Oshkosh, he'll be at my tent. Since I'm driving in I'll have a car too.

Wait, I'm supposed to get in a car with you driving?! :eek: :hairraise: :D

Missa is, of course, correct and I will also have a motorcycle. But I am looking forward to getting to meet Tim and everyone else who will be there. There are a number of people on this forum for whom I have great respect and have learned much from (and hope to learn more, yet). Getting to meet such people and converse with them is always high on my priority list.

Hey Linda, SHould we camp together agian???? I've been downgraded to a tent this year (was hoping for a camper).

I`am going to try to get in the same area as last year. Are you going the same route as last year, through Bloomington, Il ?

Hey Tim, maybe I could catch a ride with you to the Whitehouse?

Linda

God willin' and the crik don't rise, this will be our 26th year in a row at OSH.

To those who haven't done it, and are planning on flying in this year -- you're in for a real treat. There's nothing like Oshkosh, anywhere -- and I've been to all the big ones. Nothing else compares.

To those who haven't flown in, and are afraid to try -- fly up with our group from Iowa City (IOW) after our pool party on Saturday, July 26th. We fly in as a loose gaggle on the morning of Sunday, July 27th. It's easy and fun, and you'll receive many good tips from some very experienced OSH vets.

To those who have expressed being "over" OSH -- if Oshkosh doesn't get your blood pumping and your heart racing, there's something not right. There is simply no other place on this planet where an aviator can see, do, and experience aviation in the same way, and I never, ever get tired of it. We stay the whole week, camp out next to our plane with our kids, and are always sad when it's time to leave.

If there is an aviation heaven, I suspect it looks a lot like Wittman Field during the last week of July. Every pilot deserves to fly in, at least once.

:yes:

To those who haven't flown in, and are afraid to try -- fly up with our group from Iowa City (IOW) after our pool party on Saturday, July 26th. We fly in as a loose gaggle on the morning of Sunday, July 27th. It's easy and fun, and you'll receive many good tips from some very experienced OSH vets.

Also, go to this thread:

http://www.pilotsofamerica.com/forum/showthread.php?t=15365

And grab the file in the first post. It's a flow chart I made to vastly simplify the arrival so you can keep your head outside. It's NOT a substitute for the notam, it's more like a checklist - And it won't make sense if you haven't read the notam thoroughly. But, it's a big help when you're actually flying the arrival - Or at least it is for me, which is why I made it. :yes:

FWIW, I haven't updated it for 2008 yet, but I don't know of any differences this year. Let me know if you find any!

This is the first time that my Bride and I have been invited to attend the show. We were invited to present our book at the Author's Corner. We will stay 6 days. My bride has never seen this show. We are taking the Silver Tube to CHI and driving. I have been before in a Beech C33 and a wondeful Comanche 180 some years before. Flying in is great but for this old pilot I will let the Silver Tube do most of the flying.

See you all there

John J

Also, go to this thread:

http://www.pilotsofamerica.com/forum/showthread.php?t=15365

And grab the file in the first post. It's a flow chart I made to vastly simplify the arrival so you can keep your head outside. It's NOT a substitute for the notam, it's more like a checklist - And it won't make sense if you haven't read the notam thoroughly. But, it's a big help when you're actually flying the arrival - Or at least it is for me, which is why I made it. :yes:

FWIW, I haven't updated it for 2008 yet, but I don't know of any differences this year. Let me know if you find any!

Nice flow chart! It should help a great many people, methinks.

Dunno if anything has changed for this year -- that's on our agenda to study tomorrow...

I`am going to try to get in the same area as last year. Are you going the same route as last year, through Bloomington, Il ?

Hey Tim, maybe I could catch a ride with you to the Whitehouse?

Linda

I think I'm going to try to get closer to a tree. Any tree... Shade, Shade where are you Shade?

I'm going to try and do a straight drive across I-80 and then up. Not stopping in Dayton on the way. Hopefully arriving early enough to get a nice spot. Going to try for a Saturday arrival.

Want me to save you some space?

Missa

Thanks Missa
Shade would be great!!! Save me a spot. I`ll be there Sunday afternoon. :cheerswine:

Linda

Looks like Rachel and I will be making the trek up there ourselves. This will be our first time with just the two of us (and only her second time overall). I didn't think she would be too keen on going again (she got a little burnt out last time), but she said she'd love to go as long as it's us sans parents to deal with. ha!

Not sure if we'll be RV-ing it (depends on dad's plans for the plane) or renting a 172 to camp under the wing. Either way, the only way I'm gonna get there is FLY! Every time we're walking back to the plane and see that LOOOOONG line of cars waiting to park or depart, I get a chill just thinking about sitting in that kind of traffic. We'll probably do an "arrive early AM, camp one night, leave following day after airshow" type of arrangement.

Heck, I'm not even sure which days we'll be there - she will be dealing with her work schedule this afternoon. All I know is that we're planning on being there sometime! :yes:

Thanks Missa
Shade would be great!!! Save me a spot. I`ll be there Sunday afternoon. :cheerswine:

Linda

Well, I can't garentee anything.... I did buy a 12 x 12 screened canopy so that may be the only shade and I'm not sure arriving on Saturday over Sunday will buy much other then a few rows up and maybe closer to the showers! ;) But one can hope.... guess I need to go out to the store and buy some britely colored rope and some stakes to reserve you off a spot.

Missa

Still have the phone number? PM me if you don't.

Last edited:
It's official, Felix will be accompanying me on the B2Osh flight Saturday from RFD to OSH. I'll be camping Saturday and Sunday nights with the group.

-lance

Thanks to Lance, I'll be there on Saturday. I have no idea where I'm staying yet or when I'm leaving (I would like to be home by Monday night), but I can always rent a car and drive down to Chicago for the flight home. This should be fun! Hope to see some of you there!

-Felix

PS: If anyone needs a rental car and they're sold out, let me know. I have guaranteed availability from Avis, and they'll bring in a car from another state if they need to (BTDT).

Last edited:
Departing Wings on Wedesday Day (July 30, 08) and flying IFR for the majority of the way, then planning on cancelling to enter the VFR Conga Line. Departing Sunday back to Philly (Wings, KLOM).

We've been practicing the camping to get prepared... Campbell Field, Centre Airpark, Pocono's... and having a ball.

Hope to meet ya'll there. Does POA have shirts or hats or something?

Last edited:
Im going. Not sure which dates yet, that will depend on the wx. I will be flying into Fond Du Lac and driving up from there. Now all i need is a pax!

It's official, Felix will be accompanying me on the B2Osh flight Saturday from RFD to OSH. I'll be camping Saturday and Sunday nights with the group.

-lance

Felix/Lance, are you two making it to the hangar party Friday night in RFD?

Felix, be sure to take the camera and get a good shot from Lance's wing. The Barons are in the back of the B2Osh flight, there will be enough time to get a good shot of 100+ aircraft on the runway at once.

Felix, be sure to take the camera and get a good shot from Lance's wing. The Barons are in the back of the B2Osh flight, there will be enough time to get a good shot of 100+ aircraft on the runway at once.

Pretty likely we'll make at least the tail end of the party. There's also some potential my element will be the tail end so we ought to be able to see the whole formation on the runway.

Will do. I'm sure there'll be some amazing picture opportunities!

Back