Who's going to Airventure 2008 this year?

Are you going to OSH 2008?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Diana are you hosting THE party again this year ??? :cheerswine: :yes:
Well, anyone is welcome to drop by anytime. :) Bring wine and stemware if you can. :yes: :cheerswine: :D

On the other hand, I might not go this year after all...just depends on a few things at this point.

Well, anyone is welcome to drop by anytime. :) Bring wine and stemware if you can. :yes: :cheerswine: :D

You keep mentioning that ;)

On the other hand, I might not go this year after all...just depends on a few things at this point.

WHAT !!!!!!!!!!!!!! ???????????????

Will be going for the first time! Can't wait to get there and experience as much as my feet can handle!

I'll be flying up there from Wichita Falls TX. This will be my 2nd year. Actually will be flying to Wautoma, about 40 miles west, and riding by car each day, except will probably fly from Wautoma to Oshkosh at least on one day.

Last year was my first time ever there, also stayed in Wautoma, and I absolutely could not resist flying in at least once. The picture in my avatar is my plane last year at Airventure 2007, sitting in a prime front row parking spot in the vintage aircraft parking area :D

I had a USAF T-38 instructor pilot in the right seat to help look out for traffic, and he'll be riding up with me this year too. With two of us keeping sharp eyes out for traffic, it was a piece of cake to fly in to KOSH at a pretty busy time in the morning, and leave after the airshow in the evening. I'm pretty confident I could handle it solo with no problem now that I've got a good idea of what to expect, but as others have said... if you've never flown into Oskhosh during the opening days of Airventure before, it's surely a very wise idea to have two pilots aboard and fly as a team, as there were a couple of clueless pilots flying in at the same, joining the approach at Ripon, and one of them cut me off but both me and my buddy saw him coming well in advance and we let him slide into the traffic stream in front of us. Better to keep a bozo in front of you where you can keep an eye on him than to have one behind you where you don't know what they're up to.

Last edited:

WHAT !!!!!!!!!!!!!! ???????????????

Well, I just received an official invitation in the mail yesterday, so it looks like we're definitely going now. Otherwise I was thinking of skipping a year to save money.

Well, I just received an official invitation in the mail yesterday, so it looks like we're definitely going now. Otherwise I was thinking of skipping a year to save money.

Your presenting a forum (aren't you)... I guess you really should go!!!!! That should at least get you a free wrist band!

I'm going, but for a very abbreviated stay as part of my crazy motorcycle trip.

after some badgering at Gastons, i suspect ill make it for a day or so.

Your presenting a forum (aren't you)... I guess you really should go!!!!!
:D Well, could they have given me a worse time? During the air show. :rolleyes: With my luck there will be a lot of pyrotechnics that day. :D

That should at least get you a free wrist band!
I don't think I get anything free except the opportunity to worry a lot. :D

:D Well, could they have given me a worse time? During the air show. :rolleyes: With my luck there will be a lot of pyrotechnics that day. :D

I don't think I get anything free except the opportunity to worry a lot. :D

We are giving away lots of free stuff :yes: :drink:

We are giving away lots of free stuff :yes: :drink:
Can I just fly down there and get it ahead of time. ;)

I was hoping you'd make it to our fly-in at Gaston's. :yes: Or maybe you did and I missed you...there were several people there I didn't know.

diana - what are you presenting a forum about?

Here 'tis. I need to find a 'not unflattering' photo to submit for the web site. :eek:

http://www.airventure.org/forums/forum_detail.asp?EventID=12&SessionID=9266

I have Ken Ibold to thank for the catchy title. They changed it a bit to keep it shorter than the one I liked.

Glad it's not the same time as this! http://www.airventure.org/forums/forum_detail.asp?EventID=12&SessionID=8626

If it was I couldn't be in the front row with my squirt gun... :rofl: I'd miss one airshow for you tho!

Missa

I've only been once, just for a day, and it was when that giant storm came in with the really cool line of cold fronts, and a ton of portapotties and tents got thrown around.

Can I just fly down there and get it ahead of time. ;)

I was hoping you'd make it to our fly-in at Gaston's. :yes: Or maybe you did and I missed you...there were several people there I didn't know.
We didnt make it because of the wonderful weather :mad:. But for ceartain at Osh.

Dang! We'll likely already be heading back to get ready for the Alaska trip by then!
Well, doggonit! I'll need all the support I can get!

Feel free to use the picture I took of you at Gastons!
Thanks! It was one of the possibilities. Actually I've been trying to figure out what picture to use on the EAA web site. If I can't find one of me sitting in the grass next to the Citabria we will have to go take some. Need to spray with bug spray first! Our ticks and chiggers are ten times worse here than at Gaston's.

I'm hoping to go, but as usual, I don't know what will happen with my work/travel schedule... so far this Spring's out-of-town projects have been slipping dangerously, to the point where I'm booked the week before Airventure to do work in Chicago that we were supposed to do in May. :rolleyes:

It just gets worse from there... but we'll see. I'm going to put in for the vacation time, and of course it will initially be approved.

Planning to drive again (ugh), but if I win that raffle C140 in Houston I'm gonna take a cigar tube out there and fly the 140 to Oshkosh... man, that would be cool.

And the hecklers in the back row :yes: LOL

No No No Dave, I'll bring a squirt gun for you too... Heckling is so much better in the front row with squirt guns... of course, in the heat of Osh squirt guns are often welcome. :yes:

No No No Dave, I'll bring a squirt gun for you too... Heckling is so much better in the front row with squirt guns... of course, in the heat of Osh squirt guns are often welcome. :yes:

Come to think of it I just saw a "SUPER SOAKER" downstairs. :yes: Won't even have to buy a new one hehehehehehe :D

Come to think of it I just saw a "SUPER SOAKER" downstairs. :yes: Won't even have to buy a new one hehehehehehe :D

Oh no!!! I think I've started somthing! :hairraise: Diana will be conduction her forum in the rain. :D

:hairraise: :hairraise: :hairraise: Gee, I was already worried about how well the presentation would go...NOW look what I have to look forward to! :eek:

will be at seaplane basae all week and more as volunteer with wife and grandkids

We need a list of what days people will be there:

I'll start...

I'll be there from 7/24-8/3
Tom...who knows and I hope he can find a ride!

Can I change my vote? We won't be there after all. Our tickets are available. [thread]22504[/thread]

We need a list of what days people will be there:

I'll start...

I'll be there from 7/24-8/3

I'll be there from 7-27 to 8-2 most likely. Then, it's pile into the plane and head east to do some splash and goes in the Super Cub. :D

Back