While the Monkey is stuck in Alaska, Marvin is filling in

While one is waiting for the earth shattering kaboom, the other is doing lines, drinking the brewery dry, and sexting @kath's girlfriends and husband.

So what ever happened to the monkey,if you don’t mind me asking.

I think he's in rehab. One of those no-contact-until-clean places.

I've still got him.
I got medically grounded for a while after arriving back home... I'm better now, but it's been slow getting back into the saddle.

Anyone is welcome to come pick him up! If Alaska is on your bucket list... whaddaya waiting for? :)

I'm hoping to return to the Lower 48 next summer (2023): destination South Dakota! If I do make that trip, I'll be bringing Monkey back with me, and can unload him on the next sucker...

@kath gave him a ride to Alaska but no one has been able to bring him back south.

I could pretty easily bring him to seattle, as long as the monkey doesn’t mind riding on a jet. If there’s someone at BFI or RNT who’d be willing to pick him up from BFI we could get him moving again at least.

Last edited:
I wasn't trying to compete with the monkey. I've just seen lots of threads about the monkey and I thought more people could participate if there was another one flying around, especially since the monkey has been ice bound for awhile.

I could pretty easily bring him to seattle, as long as the monkey doesn’t mind riding on a jet. If there’s someone at BFI or RNT who’d be willing to pick him up from BFI we could get him moving again at least.
Has he ridden on a jet yet? If a precedent has already been set then I say go for it.

Has he ridden on a jet yet? If a precedent has already been set then I say go for it.
Yeah. In addition to @EvilEagle taking him up in an F15, he flew Airline from around Oshkosh to Seattle. Gman I think did that, can't find him here now. And that Cajun chick airlinered him to Norway and back.

Get Marvin or the Monkey to Rough River this year. A noble objective. Lots of opportunities for classic photos.

I've still got him.
I got medically grounded for a while after arriving back home... I'm better now, but it's been slow getting back into the saddle.

Anyone is welcome to come pick him up! If Alaska is on your bucket list... whaddaya waiting for? :)

I'm hoping to return to the Lower 48 next summer (2023): destination South Dakota! If I do make that trip, I'll be bringing Monkey back with me, and can unload him on the next sucker...
If you come to SD, there is a small but lonesome POA contingent through western ND and SD who would be happy to participate in Le Grande Relâis. Or I’ll fly to AK eventually just out of spite.

I’ll get in touch with Kath but I could definitely take him around Alaska a bit before he goes down south, I think it’d be cool to get him to Barrow and Deadhorse, and maybe out to Shemya.

edit: Is there a monkey specific master thread so I can stop derailing this one?

I don’t think there is, but maybe we should start one for each of these guys to track them? Or one for both would be fine IMO.

edit: Is there a monkey specific master thread so I can stop derailing this one?
Shhhhhh! Continue with talk like that will get the MC creating a new “Where’s Monkey?” sub forum and a big tussle on Site News and Feedback arguing the merits of yet another new forum.

PS… somewhere in a digital archive, I think I have a photo of you doing your David Hasslehoff pose from Gaston’s when you and Jesse had the large cabin at the far end of the line. That was also the year of KimberlyAnne.

Shhhhhh! Continue with talk like that will get the MC creating a new “Where’s Monkey?” sub forum and a big tussle on Site News and Feedback arguing the merits of yet another new forum.
Plus, we would have to move a lot of threads to the new monkey forum. Basically all of them, since any thread can, without a moment’s notice, turn into a monkey locator thread.

yes, and it was his bday the other day! ask me how I know.....
You stalk everyone looking for identifying information so you can hack their bank accounts and get enough money to buy that Cessna Caravan you know you really want?

You stalk everyone looking for identifying information so you can hack their bank accounts and get enough money to buy that Cessna Caravan you know you really want?

dayum you're good.....

upload_2022-10-31_8-56-39.png

I am still in the Seattle area, and fly from both Auburn and Renton. I also have an office in Anchorage that I need to visit in the next few months.
@DavidWhite says he can give the creature a tour of the nether regions of Alaska and then get him back down South. I remember you had some cool plans for him. Something about an F-86 if I remember right. Anyway, this a chance to get him on the move again.

Back