6. Shirt, socks, pants.

Last edited:
First question.

What's your freakin problem?

I guess #3...

First question.

I guess #3...
I don't think he meant him. He wants to know how you dress. Since he's not included some items, I guess he goes commando even though most do not. At least, I hope.

Well that is what threw me. I put undies and tshirt on first, then pants, then shirt, then socks, then shoes. Every time.

I don't wear socks.

Sperry Top-Sider all of the time.

Last edited:
Socks first, no matter the other sequence.....

I voted for 1

Shirt, pants, socks.

I shower. Then with a towel around my waist, I go to the closet and locate the Shirt of the day

Apply deodorant, then aforementioned shirt
Off to the dresser where I locate hopefully clean boxers
Then usually off to the laundry room to find Jeans
Back to my room to get socks and shoes
Stop by the kitchen for coffee and head out.

Shirt, pants, socks.

I shower. Then with a towel around my waist, I go to the closet and locate the Shirt of the day

Apply deodorant, then aforementioned shirt
Off to the dresser where I locate hopefully clean boxers
Then usually off to the laundry room to find Jeans
Back to my room to get socks and shoes

Stop by the kitchen for coffee and head out.

I wear jeans 100% of the time..... Putting socks on after jeans are installed, sucks... IMHO...

First question.

I guess #3...

I'm not saying I do or do not have any, but how do you infer from the post I have a freakin problem?

I don't think he meant him. He wants to know how you dress. Since he's not included some items, I guess he goes commando even though most do not. At least, I hope.

Ah, I see the possible confusion. I assumed since I voted in my own poll that people would understand I wasn't asking how they thought I dressed. I did not include underwear, for those to which they apply, since I figured it was a given they would go on first.

Does it really matter?

Not really, but I'll explain my rationale in a bit.

I wear jeans 100% of the time..... Putting socks on after jeans are installed, sucks... IMHO...

Yeah I bothered to mention socks because most of the time I'm either dealing with tight jeans (I have cyclist calves) or dress pants, and long dress socks are a little unweildy to put on under pant legs. With the short socks it doesn't matter. If I'm not wearing socks anyway it's not an issue.

Why do I ask. I feel a little weird putting on a shirt before my pants. It feels unmanly. I always, invariably, do the pants first. I have zero problem walking up and down the locker room naked, towel in hand. I have zero problem walking around with no shirt on. I flat out refuse to walk around in a shirt and no pants. Plus, if I do the pants first, I get a couple more minutes of mirror flex time.

Better question: sock and a sock and shoe and a shoe, or sock and a shoe and sock and a shoe?

( assuming you are not a socks before pants person)

Last edited:
Sunglasses, shorts (sometimes optional, depends on the specifics off the job), flip flops (optional), shirt (optional).

socks, scroguard, pants, shirt

eek, you're that worried you'll catch something through the air up there? ;)

For me it depends, if I'm wearing a button down shirt and slacks of some sort then its undershirt, socks, button down, pants. If its a jeans and anything else day pants, shirts, socks.

I voted shirt, pants, socks. But I don't have a set way of doing. Its just whatever my hands touch first.

Well, the clothes usually get ripped off by the significant other when I walk through the door, so I just put them back on in the order I find them as I am padding up the hallway the next morning.

Better question: sock and a sock and shoe and a shoe, or sock and a shoe and sock and a shoe?

( assuming you are not a socks before pants person)
When the occasion arises, it's: sock, sock, shoe, shoe.
This guy sums it up nicely.

I've never seen the inside of a gym, but I like watching his videos.

It should always be sock, sock, shoe, shoe.
This way should an interruption occur, you are 50% more likely to look like you are sporting an intended look.

Anytime Archie and Meathead are involved you're bound to laugh

Last edited:
I do this essentially first thing in the morning.
I don't pay attention to what I do first.
Wait until I get back from the gym and finish my 1st coffee before asking such detail

I do this essentially first thing in the morning.
I don't pay attention to what I do first.
Wait until I get back from the gym and finish my 1st coffee before asking such detail

You should have finished lunch by the time the question was asked yesterday. But I don't dress first thing in the morning. When I wake up I'm already wearing what I'm going to wear to the gym and my bag is packed with my work clothes, so I just slip some shoes on, grab my bag and go. The dressing ordeal (or ritual, however you want to frame it) occurs a couple hours later.

I'm pretty good about it normally, but sometimes I forget to pack something, usually socks. Sometimes a belt. I forgot a shirt once. I have yet to forget pants.

Shirt last so it doesn't get wrinkled before heading out the door before the drive to the office.

Shirt last so it doesn't get wrinkled before heading out the door before the drive to the office.

Which brings me to the main reason I live in Wyoming... Wrinkled clothes are a badge of hard work out here... Only city slickers dress to impress and you can pick them out 100 miles away... What really sticks out are people wearing coats and ties.....

Never done it, NEVER will:no::no::no::no:....:nonod: ..

I really pity people who have to get all dressed up everyday...:redface:

No coat and tie for me but I do work in a local govt I.T. office. I get to wear jeans to work under the condition that I also wear a decent pressed button down shirt with the jeans ( which have to be somewhat new-ish looking, not faded) so that's my compromise with my boss and I can deal with that.

Last edited:
Boxer briefs, T shirt, socks, thermal underwear, Fire Resistant (FR) shirt, FR jeans, FR coveralls, work boots, FR jacket, FR gloves, FR Balaclava, hard hat, safety glasses, goggles, and ear plugs. Friggin' Iowa... Doors frozen shut this morning... Tires frozen to the hotel parking lot... Friggin' Iowa...

I read that one part as "Baklava" and wondered why you would put a Turkish pastry on so late in the process.

A "Balaclava" is one of those things that I knew was an article of clothing, but I wasn't exactly sure which one. I would have said "ski mask" myself, but that's just me.

"The gentleman was dressed in a knit Balaclava when he presented a scripted note on fine oilskin paper requesting a transfer of funds from the depository"

(The f-ing bank robber was wearing a ski mask)

A "Balaclava" is one of those things that I knew was an article of clothing, but I wasn't exactly sure which one. I would have said "ski mask" myself, but that's just me.

"The gentleman was dressed in a knit Balaclava when he presented a scripted note on fine oilskin paper requesting a transfer of funds from the depository"

(The f-ing bank robber was wearing a ski mask)

Nice channeling of your inner George Carlin.

Also, I am looking forward to your 8000th post.

Back