Where does lift come from?

I thought lift came from moving your airplane fast enough . . . . :stirpot:

Lift is an abstract concept, invented by the FAA and required to be taught in PPL ground school to distract young, impressionable students from the reality of aviation:

IMG_0451.JPG

There was a paper written in 2004 that introduced the concept of “lift demons” and “thrust pixies”. It is essential reading for anyone that wants to truly understand the origins of lift. While not typically taught in most universities, it is the foundation for most practical aerodynamics work.

http://messybeast.com/dragonqueen/liftdemon.htm

Lift is an abstract concept, invented by the FAA and required to be taught in PPL ground school to distract young, impressionable students from the reality of aviation:

View attachment 70376
I'd love for someone to go to an appointment to the FSDO with that T-shirt on. :D

All I need to know in order to pilot a plane is that pulling back on the stick produces lift... until it doesn't.

9f6aee9ed517084e9b2774620615d340.jpg

Mitochlorians

Attachments

• F6D3D520-E881-402A-B2F2-29A6A55AC8B9.jpeg
    F6D3D520-E881-402A-B2F2-29A6A55AC8B9.jpeg
    172 KB · Views: 29
That’s easy, it’s from setting the treadmill on a high enough speed.

Wavicles, a weak force repellent, activated by motion detecting quantum's that congeal around airplanes, rockets, and pole vaulters - an equilibrium, a natural balance, is maintained on the opposite side by skydivers, in-flight engine failures, and sailplanes.

You should jump off a chair, or free-fall, once for each time you take-off, or failing that, pay someone else to rock (or ice) climb, to keep the earth in harmony. If you get falling-down drunk, it counts (if you actually fall down), also if you trip someone, though that brings the non-lift related karma thing into play.

Also, airplanes really do, well, "plane", but that is a minor producer of lift, as compared to the wavicles, and, of course, putting out really positive waves on high DA days, or when well past TBO.

Deja vu with my Fluid Dynamics class.

Money makes the world go 'round, as the world spins centrifugal force helps make planes fly off the ground. Therefore money makes lift.

Back