Display name:
Jordan
1237045_10151867606180726_858245469_n_zps3038995c.jpg

I flew to KMHT from KFRG. this was taken on the way back to KFRG

flying_zpsb9fadb63.jpg

mostly overcast skies all throughout conn, new hampshire, mass
flying2_zps02c01aba.jpg

on the way back to KFRG. north shore of Long Island, direct CCC

2nd dual XC. Planned to fly into KINT but got diverted to KGSO due to IFR conditions directly over KINT that popped up in the 20 minutes since we departed 8A6. Great experience!

Started off in Cincinnati. Flew to Dallas on Wednesday. Spent 2 days in the sim, then hopped back in the plane and flew to Nashville. Next morning back up and to NJ, then drove a car back home.

About 11 hours in the T310R at FL190-200.

thank you! actually my sister took it so i have to give her credit haha. i just got my instrument rating last week and this was my first trip after. really cool flying above an overcast layer and descending through the cloud deck. definitely a relatively new experience for me!
That last shot is breathtaking!

CNO, SMO and CMA . . . all severe clear VFR. . .. I'm ready for an approach . . .

Looking to rent a seaplane in Colorado.

A FIKI seaplane.

Last edited:
Shot up the CA coast from KWVI then circled around in the Monterey Bay for while doing some whale watching circling at 1500'...there were a lot of 'em out today with waterspouts and a few breaching!...could get to them much faster than the whale watching boats!

KRFI for some yum yum BBQ on east tx

Attachments

• at ramp.jpg
    at ramp.jpg
    35.4 KB · Views: 36
  • rfi.jpg
    rfi.jpg
    34 KB · Views: 36
Flew to KJKA (Jack Edwards Airport, Gulf Shores, AL) a few days ago for a t-shirt. Here is a shot I took going through the Eglin east-west corridor. Destin (KDTS) is just in front of the nose and you can just make out Eglin on the right edge of the photo on the other side of the Bay.

Attachments

• IMG_0440.jpg
    IMG_0440.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 36
I helped take a TR182 from KDVT to E60 (for lunch, pit stop since the owner had to drive very far to get to his new hangar) then to its new home at 5AZ3. My plane is still in the shop, so it was nice to get in something similar.

Over the beautiful Connecticut River, yesterday. 10 miles Southeast of Hartford-Brainard (KHFD) airport. Inbound landing with bravo:)

stills captured from NFlightcam video.

KHFD is one of only 30 airports in the US with an LDA approach. LDA RWY 02

Last edited:
Flew into THA to check out the Beechcraft museum.

Attachments

• Star.jpg
    Star.jpg
    442 KB · Views: 21
  • V tail.jpg
    V tail.jpg
    418.4 KB · Views: 17
  • Panel.jpg
    Panel.jpg
    671 KB · Views: 17
Flew on Friday the 13th from Creswell to Powers, a nice little grass airport in a quaint valley (all the valleys in Oregon are quaint.)

I recently picked up a Canon PowerShot camera while killing time in a Radio Shack and wanted to try it out in flight. In theory a dedicated camera should be better than a cell phone one because of lens size and quality. I don't think this 34 second test video really shows what it can do (it was a hot hazy day) but I include it for completeness:

http://vimeo.com/74600446

This is the return flight as recorded by CloudAhoy (I forgot to record the flight down):
PowersRouteBack.JPG

IMG_0104_s.jpg

However, I went there because I wanted to claim it for the Operation Fly challenge (just the second airport I've managed to claim; Peter Yee had snagged a large number of Oregon airports several years ago, so pickings close to home are slim):

PowersAirport_s.jpg

Weather has kinda sucked here for the past week, but I managed to get in two flights with one of my primary students and 2 roundtrips between SAF and DRO in the 182 I fly for my other job, so I guess it could've been a slower week. Even managed to log an hour of actual in the 182-not something I get to do too much in this part of the country.

Last edited:
Singapore (WSSS), Manila(RPLL), Davao(RPMD), Hong Kong(VHHH)

Ok, I am impressed.

I flew from Addison to Austin (KEDC) to watch a football game. Sadly, there was no game worth watching.

Flew from IWS to EDC for the first time. Nice airport and all highway into town.

Flew KOWD to KACK clear and smooth ,with three other aircraft . Sunday morning breakfast flight.

I went from Florida to Atlanta to the bay area of California, then back. Unfortunately I did it without the benefit of GA.

Lagos (DNMM), Ilorin (DNIL), Abuja (DNAA), Port Harcourt (DNPO) - all in Nigeria. Then on to Douala (FKKD) in Cameroon.

2013_09_06_4.jpg

2013_09_06_7.jpg

Lagos (DNMM), Ilorin (DNIL), Abuja (DNAA), Port Harcourt (DNPO) - all in Nigeria. Then on to Douala (FKKD) in Cameroon.

2013_09_06_4.jpg

That picture is so sharp and colorful it almost looks like one of the model train cities for HO or O scale hobbiests.

I flew all of about 30 miles to Las Cruces this weekend. Had a pancake breakfast with a CFI, then headed back doing slow flights, stalls, steep turns with and without foggles, a bunch of foggle work turns, descents and climbs ... flight review.

Routine business day trips this past week: KCHS (Charleston, SC) - KROA (Roanoke, VA), KCHS - KRDU (Raleigh, NC). IMC into KROA; don't know why they were using the VOR-A which requires a dive-bomb landing when they have many better aligned GPS/ILS options.

Smith Mountain Lake, VA

Attachments

• photo (13).JPG
    photo (13).JPG
    424.8 KB · Views: 17
I went from Florida to Atlanta to the bay area of California, then back. Unfortunately I did it without the benefit of GA.

Key West and back via spam can last week :rolleyes:

I did make a quick trip yesterday KILG KOXB for a round of golf and lunch :) then back to home base.

I had planned on OLM -> PUW on Friday and PUW -> OLM on Sunday, but that darned DVT scotched that. Drove, instead, and then watched the game on TV with my mom while my wife and brother went to the game. We'll drive again this weekend. Actually, my wife will drive while I snooze. Highly unusual for us.

I at least made it to an airport (KBJC) although I was flying my Subaru. I've been flying the lawn tractor too, around my lot, which I haven't mowed since June. Hopefully this was the last time for the season. Working my way back up to airplanes, one of these days.

I at least made it to an airport (KBJC) although I was flying my Subaru. I've been flying the lawn tractor too, around my lot, which I haven't mowed since June. Hopefully this was the last time for the season. Working my way back up to airplanes, one of these days.

Are you ready to ride in an airplane? It may be time for a breakfast run...

You're always welcome in my plane. But we're not very convenient for that. :)

I flew from FTY to AHN, about 60 mile to pick up my son from school, it's the first time he's been home since he moved into the dorm at UGA on August 8! He could have driven, but I wanted to let him fly home and back. :D So, he flew me home on Friday and flew me and mom back on Sunday after the Falcons game.:D Great way to waste a couple gallons of 100LL. :yes:
I almost forgot, I flew the 182 to Peachtree City to get the pitot static check done on Thursday. So I got about 2 hours in the 182 in 4 days.:D

Last edited:
I was on a biplane race crew. Almost better than flying. Releasing planes on the runway during the racehorse start (holding down planes) and changing oil / tires was awesome. Even pulled a prop and torqued the prop bolts (adding safety wire to boot).

Reno Air Races, "our" race airplane took second place in the Silver. Modified experimental 1988 Pitts Special.

Back