Where Did You Fly This Week?

Flew to Reno for the Air Races, now I am in Wichita for Lear recurrent training.

Had to change the oil in the race airplane since it indicated over 250 degrees. It was still 100 or more when I let it out into the bucket. Next flight it was below redline at a much more normal 190 degrees. Had to pull the prop too since there was oil and the pilot was worried about the crank shaft. The bucket was filled with dark black... no bueno.

9792169844_2cb2ae3519_o.jpg

Just sightseeing around 1B9 this Sunday, but it was the first time my girlfriend of one year went flying with me. Her father is an MD80 captain and former T38 instructor, and he talked her out of flying in a piston single with a private pilot. Well after a whole year of dating, I somehow convinced her to go for a quick lap around the pattern. While on downwind I asked her if she wanted me to land or keep going and do a little sightseeing. She hesitated, but agreed to keep going. We flew around for 30 min and she ended up loving it and now she wants to go again!

547741_10101171105282439_1127481500_n.jpg

i think i heard you talking with bradley on saturday. around 330 or so?

I departed KHFD around 4:30 and contacted Bradley for flight following, so maybe so. This plane is new to me and it has a tail number that's very similar to another one that I fly, so you probably heard me fumbling over my call sign:rofl:

Where were you?

Last edited:
That would be a long flight to Ohio in my Subaru... :)

Just a bit. :)

We've been talking about flying your way to go skiing for a while, but I don't see it happening anytime soon with the baby. When he gets old enough to ski or stay with his uncle for a few days...

Yesterday took a friend to Marthas Vineyard kmvy for breakfast.

Flew my first night xc KPWK to KRFD and back last night. Controllers put on the whole light show for me at KRFD on Runway 07.

Shots from night adventure

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    133 KB · Views: 24
From KGAI to 3W3 and back again yesterday. Not far, but it was my first grass strip landing. Bought lunch on the waterfront in Kentmorr (crabcake sandwiches) for the CFI who was assisted me in this new adventure.

From KGAI to 3W3 and back again yesterday. Not far, but it was my first grass strip landing. Bought lunch on the waterfront in Kentmorr (crabcake sandwiches) for the CFI who was assisted me in this new adventure.

I was at 3W3 a couple of weeks ago! Nice strip :). I learned to fly at Bay Bridge W29 just about 4-5 miles north or there. What an amazing place to learn to fly.

E16-KAVQ-KSJT yesterday, KSJT-kHBG-KDED today
Need to update the map in the signature, but a bit too tired )

KRDM-KRNT-CBBC-PAKT-PASI. Coming home next week

Is that as scenic as I think it is? Wife and I have been down the inside passage on the ferry from Skagway to Bellingham. Nice thing about a ferry is it goes slow enough take in the scenery and aquatic critters. Down side is all the scenery missed during the night. Still, I do hope to fly that route someday.

Brought the 235 home from KLAR to Iowa, round trip back out to Fort Collins to attend a wedding planned for next weekend.

I did my longest flight to date this week! I flew from Southern California (KSNA) to Northern Washington (KBVS) in a 182. Made it there in 8 hours. :D

I did my longest flight to date this week! I flew from Southern California (KSNA) to Northern Washington (KBVS) in a 182. Made it there in 8 hours. :D

Awesome!

Yesterday I did 5AZ3 (private airpark) to KCHD (for fuel) to P13 (for lunch) to KIWA (for oxygen) to 5AZ3 (to pick up car) back to KCHD (to pick up other pilot) long, fun day of flying a TR182. Trying not to miss my R182 so much, but flying this airplane makes me miss her more.

:yikes:
Brought the 235 home from KLAR to Iowa, round trip back out to Fort Collins to attend a wedding planned for next weekend.

Great first post, all about flying for fun and utility.

Welcome to PoA, and tell us more!

...and felt pretty cool, didn't you? I really look forward to flying the Pacific coast someday...

St Barths..... Its like landing on an aircraft carrier......

Pics! Write-up! Envy! :D

Back