When?

What is crown? When we're being cheap, we drink Early Times in the 1.5 Liter plastic bottle. Sort of cheap, Maker's Mark. Not so cheap, Pappy Van Winkle family 12 + years aged or something like that (I've forgotten). 90+ proof, yikes.

What is Crown?!?!?!

What is CROWN?!?!?!

WHAT IS CROWN?!?!?!?!

crown-royal-canadian-blended-whisky.jpg

Yikes do you light your breath on fire with a lighter after taking a shot? Anything over 100 proof is evil.

Crown is only the finest liquor to ever exist. I prefer to mix with Dr. Pepper. Also comprises 90% of the sidnaw area economy on Labor Day weekend.

Crown is only the finest liquor to ever exist. I prefer to mix with Dr. Pepper. Also comprises 90% of the sidnaw area economy on Labor Day weekend.

and 100% of the fun!

Oh good so MI isn't one of those states with weird alcohol laws? I went to Colorado once and the way they sold beer (and liquor) in stores was odd. You can drink whatever, whenever in CA except last call is 2am.

Kimberly

no idea what the liquor laws are like in michigan but they don't really matter in sidnaw because there are no police officers within 100 miles

no idea what the liquor laws are like in michigan but they don't really matter in sidnaw because there are no police officers within 100 miles

And if there were, they would probably just join us.

Actually L'Anse has a State Police Post and has two (I think) patrol cars.

OK now I'm nervous, what the heck do you people do at these fly ins again? There aren't any strange ceremonies or human sacrifices are there? I see about 5 cops on my 2 mile drive to work, cops are everywhere here.

yea but they probably don't patrol the snowmobile trails in the summertime

OK now I'm nervous, what the heck do you people do at these fly ins again? There aren't any strange ceremonies or human sacrifices are there? I see about 5 cops on my 2 mile drive to work, cops are everywhere here.

no human sacrificies, just good old fun. fly all day, drink all night, wash rinse repeat.

Um, I don't even really own or wear T-shirts or baseball caps. Darn, time to stock up.
I am pretty sure no one will kick you out for not wearing a T-Shirt or ball cap.

We have real winters here in California silly. And I am a Californian and even I have driven snowmobiles up a mountain to a log cabin - in CA!
I am sure you do not want to get into a debate about real winters with people that live in MI, MN, WI

Ok, here's usually what shakes down at 6Y9:

Step 1 - Arrive
Step 2 - ?????
Step 3 - Profits

or

Thursday
Uber-cool people arrive

Friday
Kinda cool people arrive, and we usually climb into the vehicles we keep up there and go get something to eat and drink at Hoppy's.
Then I have to drive back and pick up Kent and Pete because Kent causes them to be late, and they landed by the light of the full moon.
Kent and Pete double up on the Crown to play catch-up with everyone else.
I scare the crap out of the Joneses by taking the back way to Sidnaw from Hoppy's.

Saturday
Half of the Friday overnight crew sleeps in late and misses breakfast because they drank too much the night before.
More pilots arrive, Barb announces she's 5 east and needs to climb to pattern altitude in order to land.
Clark arrives claiming to have flown lower than the ducks in order to find the field.
Redcoat Lady goes on her first plane ride ever for the 4th consecutive year.
Jamie finally stumbles out of the pilot shack/terminal building around 3pm after missing the barbecue that started at noon and later claims she was up by 9am.
24 Guy is excited that we are having a hay ride, but then looks like his dog died after Grant says it's just for pilots
The haywagon develops a seized bearing and locals rescue us and take us to Hoppy's for more drinking.

Sunday
Breakfast at the Frederick camp
I spill some of the eggs into the fire
Departures
ATVing for those that don't leave early

Monday
Stragglers leave for home

Last edited:
I am pretty sure no one will kick you out for not wearing a T-Shirt or ball cap.

I am sure you do not want to get into a debate about real winters with people that live in MI, MN, WI

Agreed (on both). It is only natural to defend my home state, we all do it, didn't mean to start an argument. I'm just saying I know what a snowmobile (and snow) is.

Kimberly

Saturday
Half of the Friday overnight crew sleeps in late and misses breakfast because they drank too much the night before.

There's breakfast on Saturday? :redface: :rofl:

I always thought the burgers and dogs on the grill were breakfast. :D

Step 1 - Arrive
Step 2 - ?????
Step 3 - Profits

or

Thursday
Uber-cool people arrive

Friday
Kinda cool people arrive, and we usually climb into the vehicles we keep up there and go get something to eat and drink at Hoppy's.
Then I have to drive back and pick up Kent and Pete because Kent causes them to be late, and they landed by the light of the full moon.
Kent and Pete double up on the Crown to play catch-up with everyone else.
I scare the crap out of the Joneses by taking the back way to Sidnaw from Hoppy's.

Saturday
More pilots arrive, Barb announces she's 5 east and needs to climb to pattern altitude in order to land.
Redcoat Lady goes on her first plane ride ever for the 4th consecutive year.
Jamie finally stumbles out of the pilot shack/terminal building around 3pm after missing the barbecue that started at noon and later claims she was up by 9am.
24 Guy is excited that we are having a hay ride, but then looks like his dog died after Grant says it's just for pilots
The haywagon develops a seized bearing and locals rescue us and take us to Hoppy's for more drinking.

Sunday
Breakfast at the Frederick camp
I spill some of the eggs into the fire
Departures
ATVing for those that don't leave early

Monday

Sounds awesome. I wouldn't want to miss a hay ride (whatever that is) so I guess I'd better finish up my PPL by then and become a pilot. I ride horses so I'm assuming this hay ride is to give the hay to the horses?

Kimberly

Sounds awesome. I wouldn't want to miss a hay ride (whatever that is) so I guess I'd better finish up my PPL by then and become a pilot. I ride horses so I'm assuming this hay ride is to give the hay to the horses?

Kimberly

Or the Cows at Trails End.

Kimberly
:rofl:

I would bet money that they use straw for the hay ride.

It's a ride in a wagon with some straw dumped in it behind a tractor.

There's breakfast on Saturday? :redface: :rofl:

I always thought the burgers and dogs on the grill were breakfast. :D

That's because you knock yourself out on Saturday morning by running into a 182 strut.

Well I was in a tractor once when I was 9 in Missouri and visited a pig farm and held the piglets. But not as an adult and certainly not with alcohol involved.

Sounds like an adventure.

Kimberly

What happens in Sidnaw stays in Sidnaw. Well, err, sorta. Sacrifices are made, there are goings-ons which might be construed as ceremonies and there is a chance that some may think them strange...

Why we gave all our wimenz (+Grant) to a local one night, I'm still not sure...we did get them back, sort of, after paying a ransom at Hoppy's.

Yes indeed, there are some mighty strainge happenings in and on the way to and from Sidnaw.

What happens in Sidnaw stays in Sidnaw. Well, err, sorta. Sacrifices are made, there are goings-ons which might be construed as ceremonies and there is a chance that some may think them strange...

Why we gave all our wimenz (+Grant) to a local one night, I'm still not sure...we did get them back, sort of, after paying a ransom at Hoppy's.

Yes indeed, there are some mighty strainge happenings in and on the way to and from Sidnaw.

This reads even funnier because I can hear you saying it.

How many wimenz show up to these things?

No comprende? But in general I like positive numbers (just as an aside).

You betcha. It'd be a good cross-country for you. Lots of learning.

Think a CFI would sign off for a 1500nm XC? lol

Oh good so MI isn't one of those states with weird alcohol laws? I went to Colorado once and the way they sold beer (and liquor) in stores was odd. You can drink whatever, whenever in CA except last call is 2am.

We've been slowly killing off our odd Blue Laws. One of the few benefits of the Referendum system, since the politicians won't touch 'em with a ten foot pole.

What's with this Crown silliness? I'm going to have to bring some Sheep Dip to a PoA event someday. ;)

(I'll hide the good Scotch for later.) ha!

Wow, um, no. I would fly commercially out there and then rent a car. Can't say I've done crazier things but hey I'm getting old and I only live once. Who could pass up a hay ride and some eggs dropped in a fire?

Kimberly

I asked how many females went to this event.

You said "not nearly enough"

So I tried to be funny by saying "positive or negative numbers" (of women)

Nevermind!

That's because you knock yourself out on Saturday morning by running into a 182 strut.

That's just the 182 voicing its displeasure at him flying and liking the Diamond. They're jealous creatures, 182's! ;)

Thursday
Uber-cool people arrive

...magic happens here...

Monday

What about the taxiing of the Citabria into town for gas?

Oh, and the part where ElCon impersonates a bear for the amusement of the trolls?

What about the taxiing of the Citabria into town for gas?

Oh, and the part where ElCon impersonates a bear for the amusement of the trolls?

LMAO...I forgot about the bear.....at a gas station....pumping gas!!!

Back