When was the last time you flew as PIC?

When was the last time you flew as PIC? (choose most recent answer that applies)

• Total voters
This past Saturday. I flew to Nantucket with my wife and a friend of ours.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Flew the Waco yesterday for an hour. Going up in the Twin Beech this morning for hood work.

9/25/15. Been medically grounded since. I'm fully recovered and have been for several months, but getting the needed documentation together is proving to be a bear. Physician agreed to write a letter, in fact was enthusiastic about doing so the last time I saw her in the office, but when I called the office to remind them to remind her, the staff said she refused and is now clearly keeping me from talking to her. It's a hospital clinic practice, so I strongly suspect the problem is their lawyers or malpractice insurance. :(

Without that letter my chances with OKC are slim, and given the catch-22 in PBOR2, I may be better off waiting until July 15, 2017. :(

Hang glider, last weekend. Airplane, Thanksgiving of '13. Waiting for the FAA regs to come down wrt PBOR2 to decide if I go for getting the medical back or not.

It's been a few days since the plane is in the shop, but I'm flying today.

Saturday. Flew from Cape Cod to Atlanta, coming back home from vacation.

August 13th. :-( I've got to get back to my IR training.

2008 for me unfortunately. Working hard to get my flying budget back to the forefront so I can get in the air again. Reading POA helps keep my head in the game and scratches a tiny bit of the flying itch.

2008 for me unfortunately. Working hard to get my flying budget back to the forefront so I can get in the air again. Reading POA helps keep my head in the game and scratches a tiny bit of the flying itch.

where are you located? maybe someone can help u at least get back in the air.

Looks like 14,501' to me. I hope you had oxygen! But seriously, how long did it take you to climb up there in a 28-140?
I was by myself, with partial fuel, so I was light...I didn't pay attention to flight time until I landed. I went high to get a look at some distant thunderstorms, and stayed local. From start to finish, including taxi for fuel, was 1.2 hours.

August 20, returning home from the AOPA fly-in at PWT. A nice easy trip home. 0.5 hours on the Hobbs.

Landed about two hours ago. The flight was fine. I was going to lose my mind driving home through the Atlanta traffic.

Last edited:
Monday. Flew My RV-4 from Memphis, TN (01TN) to Calhoun, GA (CZL) to look at a Pitts my brother considered buying. 3.5 hours round trip.

Flew Saturday & Sunday. Monday I wasn't really planning to but my wife said "I haven't seen you all weekend, let's go for a ride in the airplane." Sweet Jesus! In the air I pointed out the hills towards SE Ohio in the distance and she said let's go there. I explained a little bit of the geology and she actually enjoyed flying over some of the hilly terrain towards Logan. Better than all the flat farmland where we live in central Ohio; another (excellent) 1.2 in the log book.

oh.....actually I'd highly recommend staying far away from any AL PoAers. far, far away!

Yeah, we're a sketchy bunch!

I actually know where Albertville is, over towards Boaz, etc. I have a supplier there, need to make it up fir a visit sometime. It's pretty country.

I was supposed to go up this morning, but stupid IMC.
Yeah, the approaching front made the decision for me this morning. Was hoping to go to the Midwest LSA show at KMVN today.

Crazy work schedule has me tied up in knots.

Last edited:
Month ago had to make a short trip for work. Thirty minutes each way but it saved me 6 hours of driving. :)

Going on close to 2 years now for me, but I don't really care, I'm making better money now and having a better QOL than I ever did as PIC.

Yesterday. Flew a rental Skycatcher from San Carlos, CA (SQL) to Concord, CA (CCR), had lunch in the on-field hotel, went for a walk on the trail that passes a couple of blocks from the airport, flew home.

August 5th on my successful checkride. I've been waiting since then to try to get an insurance checkout with the club i'm in so I can fly the club planes. it's pretty disappointing that I've missed most of this summer of flying.

hopefully can get scheduled this Saturday and knock it out so i can get a little flying in and knock the rust off

(first flight will be with club instructor)

Yesterday. And Wednesday. And the Sunday before that.

Ad infinitum.

An hour ago. I just got back from Triple Tree fly-in. It was a very fun day except for the heat! If you've never been to Triple Tree you need to put it on your bucket list.

Today! Woooooo! 2.0 in the Seminole fixing my rusty instrument scan in howling winds. LOL.

Landed at 5pm. Back at it tomorrow. And Sunday. And forever.

Been there, done that. It's been over 10 years, but I see no reason to take a pay cut just so I get "to be the a**hole".

Back