When was the last time you flew as PIC?

When was the last time you flew as PIC? (choose most recent answer that applies)

• Total voters
Went up early Monday morning. Perfect conditions( calm, sky clear and smooth as glass) and oddly, nobody else was out.

Earlier today. The other guy did all the flying, though.

Wish I could pull a Mari and get paid without the flying - I haven't done that in months! :)

I was supposed to go up this morning, but stupid IMC.

Get an instrument rating. Sheesh...do I have think of everything around here? :) :)

EDIT: Dammit, mscard88 is faster than me!

Sunday. flew one of the local, uh, 'experienced' pilots to the pig. from the first second he got into the plane he was immediately in PIC 'you gotta do this and this and this and this' mode. I stopped everything that was going on and said something to the effect of "there's only one pic on this plane and he's got E V E R Y T H I N G under control. you are a passenger and will NOT be performing ANY pic duties. I will handle this flight and those are my rules". the flight was significantly more enjoyable after that (mind you we hadn't even gotten to the runup when this exchange occurred). had some great bbq and enjoyed a nice flight.

Flew 8.9 hours from Saint Louis to Reno last Friday. Damn I was bored most of the way....:p

Brian

Flew 8.9 hours from Saint Louis to Reno last Friday. Damn I was bored most of the way....:p

Brian

what did u do to keep yourself slightly less bored? keep it clean, now.........

I was supposed to go up this morning, but stupid IMC.

That one is fixable you know. Grab a CFII and go!

I should have taken this advice from his famous ski films on all of these ratings...

"If you don't do it this year, you'll just be another year older when you do." - Warren Miller

(Going to the annual release of the Warren Miller ski film every year was a tradition here from when I was a kid. Warren's kid kinda ruined them, after he bought the production company from his dad, and the new stuff Just isn't the same, but Warren was great. He personally opened the movie many many times in years I went.)

Warren also had such greats as:

"If at first you don't succeed, failure may be your thing."

"They say it's always darkest before dawn, so if you're going to steal your neighbor's newspaper, that's the time to do it."

http://blog.theclymb.com/viral-videos/6-facts-prove-warren-miller-coolest-90-year-old-earth/

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Warren_Miller_(director)

He's 92 now. Damn I feel old. Haha.

Had two short local flights Monday, both very low and very slow.

Had two short local flights Monday, both very low and very slow.

I had a pair of long-ish non-local flights on Monday. They were very high and very fast.

And I'll trade ya'. ;)

Monday, two flights, one international. And before that, Sunday, international.

Last Friday... When I was headed out to NC for my IFR finish up course. It didn't turn out to be a long flight though. Made it about 25 miles before developing engine trouble and bee lining back to the airport. Probably going to be a few more weeks before I get the local mechanic to look at it. :(

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

Flew today! First flight since I flew back from the IR checkride. Got 2 hours in a 150 looking outside in nice VFR weather. It was a nice change from staring at those instruments.

Just need another 75 hours and I can go for the commercial ride.

Oh and today I bested my yearly total flight hours. The most I've done so far was 45 in a year and I'm already at 46 this year! It's not a ton, but that's only because it's not cheap to fly!

Flew from St. Louis to Pittsburgh and back over the Labor Day weekend. My wife cracks me up --- she makes me get an altitude where we have to fly through the clouds. She loves the feeling of being in a cloud and then popping out to see them all around us. She's a keeper :)

Sunday,before the weather went down hill,flying in the morning.

Flew from St. Louis to Pittsburgh and back over the Labor Day weekend. My wife cracks me up --- she makes me get an altitude where we have to fly through the clouds. She loves the feeling of being in a cloud and then popping out to see them all around us. She's a keeper :)

:yeahthat:

Got back from my night currency landings almost an hour ago. Before that was 2.5 hours back from NC yesterday. This is shaping up time a much better flying year than last year was.

Got back from my night currency landings almost an hour ago. Before that was 2.5 hours back from NC yesterday. This is shaping up time a much better flying year than last year was.

NC.....I hear there are some PoA members there....

Flew home from the beach Monday night, landed at 10:00 PM, at least I'm night current!

I went flying Monday (Labor Day). Afterwards I 'dry washed' the entire plane to get ready for the Triple Tree Fly-in on Friday.

SHOULD have been today but for some stupid reason I convinced my self just to book a Southwest ticket cuz I had points...BIG mistake numnuts!

Tomorrow! I can fly guilt-free because today I mowed the lawn and clipped the hedges. :D

Gonna fly south over Dana Point, southeast over the Pacific (and likely, the marine layer) past Camp Pendleton, cut inland over Oceanside, land at French Valley for lunch and then back to Cable.

20141115_093255.jpg
NC.....I hear there are some PoA members there....

Mom and Dad live on the edge of a town with 999 people at the last census. Next town over had 1646. Airport is across the line in SC, with 2376 people; it's 2770 x 30, uphill on 32 towards the church at the end . . .

https://www.airnav.com/airport/33A

It's a little bumpy, too, but very conveniently located. Improvements have been underway for several years, looks like two large hangars (maintenance? community hangar?) are almost finished.

Still a good ways from Charlotte, barely outside GSP's Charlie.

Last edited:
Took my toddler flying for the holiday on Monday. Flying for work tomorrow. Nice unusual break in between.

14079546_10210640469514124_5957514596848346469_n.jpg

1 and 3 pm today with students

Sent from my VS987 using Tapatalk

According to my logten pro it's been exactly 30 hours! My job has me flying as pic so that's what does it.

Sad to say I haven't flown my bird though in 3 weeks :( I'm on a 10 day off stretch right now so I plan on getting my plane out and flying a few times

Back