When Do You Listen to Audiobook/Podcasts?

ARFlyer

En-Route
Display Name

Display name:
ARFlyer
I got addicted to audiobooks at my last job because I had a long drive to work. Now that I'm flying airlines again I don't have a daily drive to work and it's driving me nuts.

I normally only listened to audiobooks/podcasts in my car as that's the only place I don't get distracted with other things. I've tried listening while working out and shopping but those always end up with me missing stuff or tuning the book out.

So where do y'all listen?

I've never listened to a podcast unless someone posts in here that 'so-and-so' was featured on a podcast. then I get interested, 'specially when so-and-so drops a shoutout to PoA on the podcast.

at work when I am bored, which is pretty much always

While commuting.

If you haven't heard of it, try 99% Invisible. http://99percentinvisible.org/

I haven't tried during commuting yet. I've historically watched a movie or tv. I'll try it on my next trip.

Yeah Roman Mars's voice goes down like a warm blanket over your ears. LOL I normally listen to Stuff You Should Know, Stuff They Don't Want You to Know, Stuff to Blow Your Mind and Uncontrolled Airspace. Roman Mars will get thrown in when he has an episode that peaks my interest.

However lately I've been working through my audiobook list. I finished one yesterday and I'm waiting on my next credit to drop so I can continue the series.

Audiobooks are great for killing time in the car or when flying on an airliner. I just finished "The martian" even if you have seen the movie, a good read (listen?)

On my list of trip prep is a stop at the library for an audio book. 13 hour drive to see the grand kids. Soon when I retire and don't have time/weather constraints, that trip will be five hour in my plane and no more books.

Audiobooks are great for killing time in the car or when flying on an airliner. I just finished "The martian" even if you have seen the movie, a good read (listen?)

I think the audiobook is great. Especially since the book is partly written as an audio log. So it makes it seem like your listening to the actual logs.

Long car rides, when I'm washing my plane, when I'm working on stuff in the garage, doing major projects around the house, etc.

I listen when I'm trying to fall asleep, when flying as a passenger, and while driving long distances.

Like a previous poster, I also enjoy 99% Invisible. My other favorites are This American Life, Radiolab, and Planet Money. I listen to a number of other ones including Stuff You Should Know, BackStory, The Memory Palace, and Think. I listen to a lot of podcasts...

The last two audiobooks I've listened to were East of Eden and the Covenant. Both took a number of long distance drives to finish.

Podcasts while walking dog in the evening on one hour route through neighborhood.

Audiobooks for long cross country drives by myself.

On the 12 hour legs, I listen to my entire music library at least 3 time through. I only have about 5 albums, so podcasts work well too.

Back