Wheels up interview

Fabio

Pre-Flight
Display Name

Display name:
Fabio
Hello
I have a virtual technical interview with wheels up next week.
Any idea what that entails? thanks for the help.

What did they say when you asked them what it entails?

Yeah… WU is on the verge of bankruptcy I believe.

Yeah. They just ousted their CEO / founder I believe.
Old news. Stock has dropped exponentially since.

I’m not a financial guy, but as a layman I see no way out of this one.

Maybe that's the position he's interviewing for.

Nauga,
looking for an unqualified success
May not be a bad gig if he can get the "CEO salary" for a few months, lol. Won't even have to do anything but watch the thing crash and burn while probably making six-figures.

May not be a bad gig if he can get the "CEO salary" for a few months, lol. Won't even have to do anything but watch the thing crash and burn while probably making six-figures.
And just blame the last guy! “We tried!”

Yea, no way in hell I’d be considering them right now

I say go for it. Nothing like going to work for a company and then a few weeks later come in from a trip to find the doors chained and locked, and no way to get in to get your keys for the car and house...

I say go for it. Nothing like going to work for a company and then a few weeks later come in from a trip to find the doors chained and locked, and no way to get in to get your keys for the car and house...
He’d probably never see the doors chained and locked, since “coming in from a trip” means airlining home.

just don’t leave anything in the airplane overnight, as he could,come,to the airport and find the airplane chained and locked.

It'd be a good rite of passage, given what's being telegraphed about the cashflow of this operation and the next 6 months. caveat emptor and welcome to pyleting for money. May the odds be forever in your favor, tribute.

Hello
I have a virtual technical interview with wheels up next week.
Any idea what that entails? thanks for the help.

Take the interview, but keep looking for jobs.

This is a chance to gain experience interviewing in a no risk environment.

Depending on what they have you sign, consider taking the job. But if they pay you a bonus, keep it in the bank and if they have a training contract be careful.

Don't give up a good job for this one, but if you can train up and before they go belly up it may be a good chance to log some jet time as you work your way to a better position.

FWIW - my CFI had an interview with them this past Monday. She knows about the situation. I’m guessing it was just for practice and whatnot. It was a phone interview - a collect call. ( Yea, I made that last part up :) ).

Someone was bound to buy the scraps left in capital.

Is Wheels Up a union shop or are the pilots just along for the ride?

Someone was bound to buy the scraps left in capital.
This is telling

For Wheels Up, one executive said, “They sold their management business while they still had a management business to sell.”

Looking to see if the guest picker arrives for College Game Day on ESPN via Wheels Up.

With Delta coming in it will make the plane owners less nervous. We use Wheels Up most of the time we charter and have had good service. I hope they can pull it off and keep going.

Wheels up with the infusion of Delta management will be much more efficient at loosing passengers’ luggage. (I kid, I kid).

Back