What's your go-to Concealed Carry weapon?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yep. When seconds count, the police are rarely more than half-an-hour away.

Where I live, there are nights when there might be only one or two officers on duty for the whole county. If one is responding to an accident and the other guy is on the other side of the county, a > 30min response time is entirely likely.

I also from time to time go places to buy old tractors/implements/cars from strangers on Craigslist and FB marketplace. Never had an incident but you better believe I’m carrying when I show up to a strange place far from home with a large amount of cash on me.

Then we vacation in FL a lot and… you know… Florida Man.

Just curious. I've read that legal defense in a successful "firearm self-defense" can run to six figures. I assume this is to ward off the bereaved clowns who spawned the violent a-h you skimmed from the gene pool.

I've seen co-op legal defense pools that one can buy into to cover such costs, and it seems reasonable. Few hundo or so.

Anyone do that also? IE do you have a legal accompaniment or plan in addition to the CCW piece you favor?

I've mentally been trying to piece together what items I'd need to successfully carry, and I feel some sort of legal "backing" would be a part of that toolkit.

Just curious. I've read that legal defense in a successful "firearm self-defense" can run to six figures. I assume this is to ward off the bereaved clowns who spawned the violent a-h you skimmed from the gene pool.

I've seen co-op legal defense pools that one can buy into to cover such costs, and it seems reasonable. Few hundo or so.

Anyone do that also? IE do you have a legal accompaniment or plan in addition to the CCW piece you favor?

I've mentally been trying to piece together what items I'd need to successfully carry, and I feel some sort of legal "backing" would be a part of that toolkit.

Yeah. I think that the Wild West was better in many ways.

Back in the day here in Texas LEO were a bit touchy... so I signed up for: https://www.uslawshield.com/ and still have them 7-8 years later. Don't mind it too much. The way I see it, by helping fund the legal defense of others who deal with issues, there's a better chance if I ever need it, better precedent will have already been set.

Last edited:
Nobody asked what your body type is, what type of clothes you wear, where you prefer to carry, whatv wardrobe or other sacrifices you're willing to make, or whether you're open to more than one carry piece. But I still say Sig 365.
This was going to be my follow-up. Let's say I'm of the "husky" persuasion... but I'm working on being less so. I was also going to see what holsters are being used for IWM for the full-frame folks. I realize that I may have to adapt my clothing style some of the times to really keep from imprinting.

Back before all my guns were lost in a tragic water skiing mishap, I had a MegaStar, which was the 10mm auto version of the Firestar. Despite being massive, it was the sweetest shooting pistol I ever allegedly had.

Too big for routine carry, at least for me. A friend had a .45ACP Firestar, I liked the design but found it was too bulky to hold comfortably. The .40 seems just right.

Going to make a rare post. After 21 years in the army, followed by 20 years a federal officer, now retired, I carry a Colt 1911 in .45 ACP during the winter, and a S&W mod 36 during summer months. After training countless officers over the years, my opinion is they all work, if deployed properly. The critical denominator is accurate fire when it counts.

If I were theoretically going to carry, I would carry a Springfield XD9 or S&W Shield that I may theoretically decide to wear, if they weren't both tragically lost in boating accidents.

I have a feeling you are all compensating for something.
Yes, we all have small penises. Much smaller than yours certainly. Because it's always the guys with big penises who bring up penis size. So we get it, you've got a big one, and we all totally believe you. But did you have anything useful to add?

This was going to be my follow-up. Let's say I'm of the "husky" persuasion... but I'm working on being less so. I was also going to see what holsters are being used for IWM for the full-frame folks. I realize that I may have to adapt my clothing style some of the times to really keep from imprinting.
It depends on how husky, but honestly that does make it more difficult. It will depend on how you dress still, but behind the hip, shoulder, or ankle holsters might work better and be more comfortable. You might also try a belly-band type holster. When i had more of a gut, that worked better for appendix carry than an iwb holster. If you regularly wear a large cover garment, an owb pancake holster might be an option.

Just be aware, that if you're serious about this, you're going to wind up with a drawer full of them.

After years living in NJ and then Europe, I'm living in a very pro-gun state that is Constitutional Carry.

Looking at getting a nice CCW. Went to the range yesterday and shot with a few different options. I liked the S&W M&P Shield Plus and the Walther PPS. Did not like the Glock 43X.

What are you guys and gals out there carrying?

Bersa Thunder 380.

I have several handguns, but the one I carry most often is my little KelTec P32. Were I shopping today, I’d get the P3AT, but it had not been introduced when I got the .32acp.

Ease of carry is the most appealing benefit.

Even with the extended magazine, that little peashooter is small enough and light enough to be pocket carried in almost any attire. Slipping it into a pocket has become as automatic as pocketing my wallet. It would be nice to have a bit more punch, but with Winchester Silvertips it’s not too bad.
.32 was the caliber for the Colt Model 1903, carried by general officers in WWII and through 1972. With decent shot placement, it's a highly effective threat stopper. My father owned one but of course it was lost in a boating accident years ago.

Walther PPS light, compact and with my handloads packs a real punch, never leaves my side.

+1 For this Walther!

I knew from my Navy days that everyday carry with a 1911 (any variant) would be to heavy. Doesnt mean I don't like them and have a nice Gold Cup.

During a 3 day defensive pistol training course with a retired Navy Seal he got my adrenaline cranked and rushed a scenario to where I missed the 1911 thumb safety on a draw. He had the same happen to him shooting against FBI agent. He did it for me with a purpose.

So a double stack glock for the car with minimum 2 full mags. But a SIG would be nice.

Single stack for carry (PPS).

I was thinking 357 revolver for plane but secretly want a Henry 45-70.

Definitely no double single pistols for me. That first long pull just throws me off. Glad it works for others though.

.32 was the caliber for the Colt Model 1903…

Here’s a .38 Colt, from a reproduction of the 1902 Sears catalog!

7644036568_5fb33fd7de_z.jpg

"What's your go to concealed carry weapon?"

Empathy for the people around me, rather than fear.
Your empathy would have been quite useful if you'd been in that pickup that got shot at randomly. /S

My empathy caused me to go to the scene to see if I needed to save a life, which I would have attempted to do had the assailants returned.

You do you, but can you try really, really hard to stop being a wet blanket on those of us who see the world differently? Maybe have a little empathy for our perspective?

Glock-19. Or the Sig-Sauer P226. Glock is preferred but the P226 will do as a back-up.

Sig P320 for sure. A little big for a daily carry, but it fits me perfect.

I rarely carry. If I do, it's usually a .45. I used to have a PPK/S, but it was nearly as heavy as the 45, and I found it kind of "clunky". 1911 isn't light, but single stack it's thin and for me it's comfortable. Whatever you choose, suggest something that doesn't require extra steps to use, and a holster that covers the trigger and allows you to have a full firing grip. Strongly suggest taking a course from a well known outfit - HK, S&W for example, if they still do that.

I rarely carry. If I do, it's usually a .45. I used to have a PPK/S, but it was nearly as heavy as the 45, and I found it kind of "clunky". 1911 isn't light, but single stack it's thin and for me it's comfortable. Whatever you choose, suggest something that doesn't require extra steps to use, and a holster that covers the trigger and allows you to have a full firing grip. Strongly suggest taking a course from a well known outfit - HK, S&W for example, if they still do that.
Along those lines, it's a good idea to constantly find ways to better your performance.

https://www.trex-arms.com/videos/tag/training-page/

Sig P238, Springfield XDs (.45), Glock 30s, or Glock 23 (depending on circumstances). Most often have the XDs or P238 with me.

No question. Model 29 S&W .44Mag. Eastwood had not problem keeping it out of view. That way you can say cool stuff like, “Make my day”, “Feeling lucky punk”, “You are **** out of luck” and the classic “This gun will remove the finger prints”.

If a revolver is not you bag, the .44Mag Auto Mag.

And in the movie Beverly Hills Cop, “someone must be modifying .308 rifle casings to reload for the AutoMag” so you have another source for ammo.

Last edited:
No question. Model 29 S&W .44Mag. Eastwood had not problem keeping it out of view. That way you can say cool stuff like, “Make my day”, “Feeling lucky punk”, “You are **** out of luck” and the classic “This gun will remove the finger prints”.

If a revolver is not you bag, the .44Mag Auto Mag.

And in the movie Beverly Hills Cop, “someone must be modifying .308 rifle casings to reload for the AutoMag” so you have another source for ammo.

I have a model 29! And if I were being robbed by a bear...

So you’ll quick draw your phone in an emergency to call in the public servants with the guns? Often times by then, it’s far too late, but suit yourself. I guess the second amendment isn’t for everyone… ;)
I’m having a little trouble visualizing the Militia being called up and going into battle with pistols in their pocket.:ihih:

Last edited:
I'm just glad I don't live in a place where people feel this is necessary. But I absolutely support the right to do it.

It’s not where you live necessarily. For those who travel and stop at airports for the night, you may end up in a less than desirable area. I’ve seen shops with bars/gates as I walked to the hotel…I take that as a sign I’m in a dangerous place.
Of course not all states reciprocate so CC has its limits.

Last edited:
I have a feeling you are all compensating for something.

My favorite CCW is a phone. Certainly saves more lives these days than anything else. Of course I am not sure if the point of carrying around so many guns is to save lives or to take them. I am sure the young kids that find them will know the answer.
If you don’t have anything positive to add, then...go put a sign in your yard.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back