What the heck did I do??

mulligan

Cleared for Takeoff
Display Name

Display name:
Mulligan
Well, after many months of going back and forth between keeping my plane and transitioning to a twin, I finally made the decision to do neither.

After all the red handle jokes, I actually got to fly a 2016 SR22 and was really impressed. So while in Las Vegas, after having a few cocktails and a few good hands at the black-jack table turned to the wife and said, what do you think I should do. She said buy the Cirrus if you like it. She obviously had a few more cocktails than me!!

So we got up from the table and made the phone call. We ended up trading in the 206 for a 2017 SR22 GTS. We will get to keep the 206 until the SR22 is delivered so it worked out really well.

In the end it was not the chute that sold us but the extra speed, lower fuel burn, advanced technology, and it just looks sexy. The chute just gives the wife some extra confidence if I ever have a medical issue and cannot land that she has an emergency backup plan!!

Dare ya to order it with a "pink" handle!

Congrats Thomas! You in BTR now?

Well, after many months of going back and forth between keeping my plane and transitioning to a twin, I finally made the decision to do neither.

After all the red handle jokes, I actually got to fly a 2016 SR22 and was really impressed. So while in Las Vegas, after having a few cocktails and a few good hands at the black-jack table turned to the wife and said, what do you think I should do. She said buy the Cirrus if you like it. She obviously had a few more cocktails than me!!

So we got up from the table and made the phone call. We ended up trading in the 206 for a 2017 SR22 GTS. We will get to keep the 206 until the SR22 is delivered so it worked out really well.

In the end it was not the chute that sold us but the extra speed, lower fuel burn, advanced technology, and it just looks sexy. The chute just gives the wife some extra confidence if I ever have a medical issue and cannot land that she has an emergency backup plan!!
Needless to say you did well at the table.
Congrats!

Congrats!

I believe 6PC can handle your checkout. For a head-start, refer to his instructional videos on here...

Congrats! I'm looking forward to hearing how the transition goes, and how you like it after getting some XC time in her. I'm in the same boat. Been thinking about selling the Archer and moving into a twin, but wife (and admittedly I) likes the idea of a new plane with advanced avionics and the chute. (Wife is convinced that I'm going to drop dead in flight, despite always passing my physicals.) I really need to get her to be willing to fly longer than 1 hour per day, if I'm going to get to do much traveling via GA, and I was thinking a new Cirrus might help with that.

Almost a mil. for the Cirrus.. I'm not gonna congratulate you just cuz it's a new plane. But for what you are paying, you could have stepped into a cabin class airframe, gone faster longer, higher, pressurized, had more UL and 400k still in the bank.

But hell..... It's a shiny new toy. Can't say I wouldn't fly it if it was mine. But I would have gone another route for sure.

The there is the new Embrier 450 for $50m ......if you really wanted to "dress to impress" :p

congrats mully,have you flown one yet? you are giving up one of the best aircraft ever made.and it appears you could afford any aircraft why not a basic 208 no cargo pods, 6 0r 7 seater nothing safer than a pt6 and will hold value .

Congrats man! That's fantastic. You guys will absolutely love it. I never mind all the folks saying why didn't you buy XYZ ... it's an awesome plane and something to be proud of. If I were you I'd do the same thing. Oh wait... I did!! Lol. I'll PM you

Congrats! You will love it! I find the SR22 to hit a very unique sweet spot of utility, ease of use, practicality, passenger friendliness and cost that very little else does.

I'm often tempted to buy an eclipse or mustang and probably will some day but it's hard to give up on what we have at the price point you pay for it. Enjoy the new bird!

Dare ya to order it with a "pink" handle!

Congrats Thomas! You in BTR now?

I actually would love to have a Pink handle. Too many family and friends with breast cancer and would be a great way to let them.... oh who am I kidding. I just love the color pink. Mostly because pigs are pink and I love bacon.

Good choice! What did Cirrus change in 2017, if anything?

Had to sign a NDA. They are supposed to release that info First week of January. Only a few things but they seem pretty cool. Will post them here as soon as my NDA is clear.

Congrats! I'm looking forward to hearing how the transition goes, and how you like it after getting some XC time in her. I'm in the same boat. Been thinking about selling the Archer and moving into a twin, but wife (and admittedly I) likes the idea of a new plane with advanced avionics and the chute. (Wife is convinced that I'm going to drop dead in flight, despite always passing my physicals.) I really need to get her to be willing to fly longer than 1 hour per day, if I'm going to get to do much traveling via GA, and I was thinking a new Cirrus might help with that.

One of the reasons the wife said yes so quickly. Now if I drop dead at 15,000 feet she knows how to operate it well enough to safely pull the chute.

Almost a mil. for the Cirrus.. I'm not gonna congratulate you just cuz it's a new plane. But for what you are paying, you could have stepped into a cabin class airframe, gone faster longer, higher, pressurized, had more UL and 400k still in the bank.

But hell..... It's a shiny new toy. Can't say I wouldn't fly it if it was mine. But I would have gone another route for sure.

The there is the new Embrier 450 for $50m ......if you really wanted to "dress to impress" :p

This is a toy for me that I love to fly. For bigger missions I fly in the back of the other plane that you don't know about.

Congrats, can't wait to see some photos!

....oh who am I kidding. I just love the color pink. Mostly because pigs are pink and I love bacon.

You know what else is....oh, you mentioned bacon and pink, yeh, ok, neverrrrrrrrrrr mind. :)

Congratulations!

If it has not been mentioned, you need to join COPA forthwith. Lots of good people and valuable info over there.

Was mentioned in a PM. I am currently a member o COPA which is where I go for information. I come here for entertainment. I learned pretty quick that this is not a place for information but is a good source of entertainment watching threads deteriorate into something that has nothing to do with the original thread.

Was mentioned in a PM. I am currently a member o COPA which is where I go for information. I come here for entertainment. I learned pretty quick that this is not a place for information but is a good source of entertainment watching threads deteriorate into something that has nothing to do with the original thread.

Hey Mulligan.......PULL! Hmphh entertainment indeed.

Congrats!!! I'm in the internal debate of upping my 182 to a New T206H or an SR22T myself in the next year here. It's a 2017 so obviously it's purchased new, mind if I ask how long the backlog is, when are you expecting to take delivery on it?

Ps you better be getting a cool paint job!

Well now......toys are a whole different story then......

This is a toy for me that I love to fly. For bigger missions I fly in the back of the other plane that you don't know about.
Toys need no rationalization whatsoever. I say, if you can afford it, buy it! Which you did. :D:D

Wow that is a hell of a Christmas gift lol...congrats, don't think I will ever own anything quite that nice ;p

Post some pics when you get it!

Wow that is a hell of a Christmas gift lol...congrats, don't think I will ever own anything quite that nice

That's because you can't do a crosswind landing! ;)

Crab, wing down transition in the roundout, squeak it in. on centerline. :yes:

That's because you can't do a crosswind landing! ;)

Crab, wing down transition in the roundout, squeak it in. on centerline. :yes:

Lol yea I suppose so!

Back