What temperature do you like your bedroom?

We set the thermostat to 71 a little before bedtime. But then around 2:00 the dog gets too cold and wakes us up to throw a blanket over him. Grumble......

I’d love to see some of the women on this board chime in.

I have figured out the ultimate hack for this. I don't care what the thermostat gets set for, because when I get cold at night, I just move over to @2-Bit Speed 's side of the bed and steal his body heat. :cool::D

I have figured out the ultimate hack for this. I don't care what the thermostat gets set for, because when I get cold at night, I just move over to @2-Bit Speed 's side of the bed and steal his body heat. :cool::D
Oh to be young again. That was the perfect solution.

Oh to be young again. That was the perfect solution.

To be serious, though, is she against wearing more "ample" pajamas/using more blankets? Sometimes, especially in the spring/fall when we don't have the a/c or heat on, I'll get cold even sleeping close together, and I just keep some blankets at the bottom of the bed that I can pull up just on my side or put some pants and socks on. It's a lot easier to make a cold environment comfortable for someone who likes it hot than it is to make a warm environment comfortable for someone who likes it cold.

I also have to have my bedroom dark. I don't mean shaded, I mean DARK.

My dad, raised in rural Georgia during the depression, believed when it came time for painting the house, WHITE is RIGHT.!! I mean everything was white inside and out. One time in my late 20s I went to my parents house and my dad was painting the house, and had the 2 inch trim right under the roof painted brown. I thought I was at the wrong house.!!

Back to what I started with, my bedroom is dark blue. The windows are totally blacked out. The only light in the room is from my digital clock. My wife is afraid of the dark and usually sleeps in the living room. Sometimes she sneaks into the bedroom and into the bathroom. Se doesn't understand that even though she closes the door, the light that escapes under the door wakes me up.

So dark and cool is the ideal sleeping arrangement for me.

Cold… as cool as possible. We’re in Michigan n keep a window cracked all year till the AC starts running

To be serious, though, is she against wearing more "ample" pajamas/using more blankets? Sometimes, especially in the spring/fall when we don't have the a/c or heat on, I'll get cold even sleeping close together, and I just keep some blankets at the bottom of the bed that I can pull up just on my side or put some pants and socks on. It's a lot easier to make a cold environment comfortable for someone who likes it hot than it is to make a warm environment comfortable for someone who likes it cold.
She already wears a flannel nightgown (instead of the things I married her for) and sleeps under three layers (sheet, comforter, blanket).
I guess I have spoiled her over the years by being willing to suffer anything to make her comfortable. I am the one that is changing; not her. She thinks 78 is a compromise.

Summer: Whatever I get with windows open
Winter: Whatever I get with windows closed

I’d love to see some of the women on this board chime in.

They're too busy adjusting the thermostat while the men are distracted by posting in this thread.

I don't think I've ever seen my wife adjust the thermostat, I just notice that it often ends up on a different setting whenever she has been in the vicinity.

Last edited:
We set the thermostat to 71 a little before bedtime. But then around 2:00 the dog gets too cold and wakes us up to throw a blanket over him. Grumble......
Unlucky for me, GSP's are adamant about sleeping under the covers. She'll stare at me until I lift the covers up. It's cute. But the boney thing is a freaking heat pump and will get up twice for water. And the cover routine is repeated.

Why not get a dehumidifier and separate these two factors?

We thought about it, but with the condo's smaller size (about 1000sqft) being what it is, we figured it was just easier to lower the temp a few degrees than have another appliance around. Once we move somewhere with more space, that'll definitely be an option.

71 all day. First summer in our house. We just turned on our central air like 2 weeks ago since it’s been a pretty cool summer so far. It’s finally stating to warm up and get really humid.

As cold as my checking account will stomach... Which is usually around 75* in the summer.

72 during the day & 65 at night. We live in an area with inexpensive power. 2,300 sq. ft house power never over $150.00. It's mid 90's today so the air conditioner is running quite often. We invested in a new HVAC system a year ago & it's very efficient. We have great insulation too.

If I had it my way it would be 65° in the Summer and 50° in the Winter.

The compromised is 65° in the Summer and 62° in the Winter.

72 year round, though after coming home to an inop a/c (thankfully, just a capacitor), 77 feels heavenly compared to 85...

Back