What should the April 26-29 - M34 (Kentucky Dam airfield) fly-in be called?

TRock, YOU pick the date, we'll make something happen. and by 'something', we're going to Franks house aaaawwww yeaahhhhhh.........

I'd do it if lets say its 500 nm from Boston. I know maybe being in the NE corner may put me out of range but Id go if it was anyway doable.

I really wanted to go to @eman1200 organized fly in but I really cant justify a $1,200 lunch, no matter how good it is :). A weekend, however, makes it more advantageous.

In summary, keep us New Englanders in mind, even though it doesn't make since to have it up this way try to make it within striking distance!

I'd do it if lets say its 500 nm from Boston. I know maybe being in the NE corner may put me out of range but Id go if it was anyway doable.

I really wanted to go to @eman1200 organized fly in but I really cant justify a $1,200 lunch, no matter how good it is :). A weekend, however, makes it more advantageous.

In summary, keep us New Englanders in mind, even though it doesn't make since to have it up this way try to make it within striking distance!

I'm going to try to make it to wings flybq this year. Looooong flight but sounds fun

Depending on the date, I'd be up for it. No recommendations on the location though, I don't have any experience of the area. I'll leave that to the local experts. :)

Yeah, I can't say whether I'd be in for sure. Depends on the date and location, but I'm definitely interested.

Heck I'd go just to see if Eman is actually as weird as he seems, and to see if he's really a fat kid in a winged laundry basket. One of the two better be true.

I was going mention moontown as well! I'd say come to GTR and u can stay at my house but not sure the wife would like that without telling her. Hehe

But pick a weekend and I'm in on it too!

I'd announce in advance that I'll make a point of being there but you'd change the location and tell everyone except me.

Anywhere in the Midwest works for me.

But if it takes 2 pages of a thread and the "where" hasn't been nailed down, I can't wait for the "when" thread.

Yup lulu's at Jack Edwards is good. There is also dauphin island 4R9. Fun little strip and there is a seafood place that will come pick us up. Jt's sunset grill I believe it's called..wife and I just recently went.

KCMD in Cullman AL has a decent greasy spoon above the FBO. And they sky dive there so we can knock that off the bucket list.

Yup lulu's at Jack Edwards is good. There is also dauphin island 4R9. Fun little strip and there is a seafood place that will come pick us up. Jt's sunset grill I believe it's called..wife and I just recently went.

KCMD in Cullman AL has a decent greasy spoon above the FBO. And they sky dive there so we can knock that off the bucket list.

Sounds good but I'm allergic to skydiving.

You in HSV? How about Moontown? Cool grass strip.
Was until a few months ago, but I think of it as home (and it's close enough to 20GA the difference isn't important.) I'll be back next summer.

Moontown would be cool, but I'd probably go to KMDQ and rent a car to drive over. A personal limitation (which shouldn't affect the choice of where to meet) is that I don't do grass strips in the Mooney. Some do, I've decided I'm not good enough yet. But Moontown -is- awesome. Been there on the ground for an airshow.

Ooh ooh! Tullahoma! Beech museum, hotels nearby.

That works.

Nothing says we can only do one of these. Eman is apparently popular enough there should probably be a Tour. With T-Shirts. And like, dates on the back.

IIRC, there is a Kentucky state park with an airstrip. Maybe near the land between the lakes?

Kentucky state park resorts kick ass

Nothing says we can only do one of these. Eman is apparently popular enough there should probably be a Tour. With T-Shirts. And like, dates on the back.

Lol jeez man. Let me start lowering your expectations right now, I am a very boring individual. Right up until about 30 minutes prior to OD'ing, then for a very short time I'm a little bit of fun.

Surely there's a site somewhere that would let us enter a list of locations with distances. It'd draw the circles and we could see how much overlap there is.

For me, my point would be KHSV, 250nm.

I dunno... that's 6.9nm over my limit.

What the hell... I'll live a little. "boom"

(Edit: Actually, no it's not. I did it from 20ga instead of KHSV. )

I can bring stuff.... how do these normally go? I'd hate to sign up for anything critical if I can't make (weather), but happy to bring extra. Like beer, bbq, ice, drinks, etc. Or do we just eat locally?

FMDIDGAD* fly in.

* Free six pack to the one who figures this one out

And he could carry something around with him to all the stops. Like a monkey.. Naw, that will never work.

Ok, so we have a location. 4 people agreeing makes it official.

That was my second guess. The first one was "**** my dog, I did, Good a** dog.".... but yours is probably closer.

You should put up a poll.

My somewhat useless preference is
KM34
Tullahoma
French Lick

Early November if you is eager to meet and greet. Otherwise I agree, March is a safe-ish weather wise month.

Like get in the lake type weather? Not that I'll do that, just in case other peeps do.

First to mid-March should have comfortable weather. Much past then and the humidity begins to come in.

M34 is 187nm from here. Should be able to swing this one.

I can go on short notice, so I don't much care. But I'm VFR-only for now, so...

Back