Well now I'm going to be completely broke...

fiveoboy01

Pattern Altitude
Display Name

Display name:
Dirty B
And I love the idea.

Say hello to my new girlfriend. N8113B, a 1980 Archer.

Archer-L.jpg

Good news for you, Archers are one of the cheaper airplanes to maintain. It's still an airplane though so.... maybe skip the Starbucks trips from now on. That caffeine will make you have to pee on cross countries anyway.

Awesome, great looking plane!!!

Thank you guys. Panel is pretty well equipped too. It's more than I originally wanted to pay, but it's also everything I wanted. So goes the story of life:)

Well........are you going to share her vital statistics?

I suppose....

5000ish airframe, just over 700 since major, 300 since prop.

Paint '07, interior '12, brown leather for the seats.

430W
Piper Autocontrol with an STEC altutude hold and GPSS
FS450 fuel flow
GEM 610 Engine EGT/CHT
Garmin 340 audio panel
GTX327 transponder
MAC 1700 for 2nd nav/com
KR87 ADF
KNA62 DME
KTU HID landing light

It was about 2.1 hours back and I had to drop the mechanic off at LNR before I got to Madison. Airplane flies great, autopilot holds like a rock even though it was a little bumpy. Took an online course on the 430 but I will need more time with it as well as most of the other equipment onboard. As far as hand flying, flies like any rental I've flown. More power than the rentals though. Prebuy revealed no airworthy issue and all the AD's and logs were lined up. Rudder bar SB was addressed, it's ok at this time. Tanks were pulled and spars checked for corrosion, none found. It's in good shape.

Definitely happy with it.

Congrats on the new bird. Unfortunately we can't consider it yours until you post some interior and panel photos! :)

Great looking plane! Who needs money anyway, when you can fly anytime you feel like it???

Have lots of fun!

There are 3 million bugs on it so when I go to clean it tomorrow, I'll get some panel and interior pictures. It needs a glareshield, and it's got that crummy molded brown panel cover. But it isn't hideous.

Hank - that was part of the issue with me. Now I don't have to go look at a scheduler. It's maintained to my standards. Two big advantages in my opinion.

I really did want to join the local club... they have a pretty nice Archer, but they were not accepting members as the number is capped and well, I didn't want to wait any longer.

Have fun with new girlfriend. :lol: Money well spend...:yesnod:

Happiness is sticking your own key into your own plane and going flying when YOU want to.......

Congrats on the new toy....:thumbsup::thumbsup:

This will have an adverse affect on your crappy taildragger budget.

Nice plane, should provide many years of happy flying. As for the 430, when I got a plane with one, I rarely used all the bells and whistles. Mostly 'goto xxxx, follow magenta line'.

This will have an adverse affect on your crappy taildragger budget.

The "crappy taildragger" is not eliminated as an option, however I will probably want a partner for that. I have the word out to a few flying friends and if they can come up with some monies....

Nice plane, should provide many years of happy flying. As for the 430, when I got a plane with one, I rarely used all the bells and whistles. Mostly 'goto xxxx, follow magenta line'.

And it will probably be mostly the same with me. I do plan to pursue an IFR rating so some of the advanced things might be utilized there. Frankly for VFR stuff, I still keep my ipad on my knee. It gives a bigger picture.

Beautiful plane...good luck with it!

Congrats!!! Great looking girlfriend... Treat her well and she'll be there for you!!!

:happydance::happydance::happydance::happydance::happydance::happydance:

Enjoy her!!!

Very nice... but even for VFR you'll want to let the 430 and GPS fly a route. Use the downloadable simulator to practice loading up your routes and watch how cool it is. I really liked flying my clubs C177RG that way. I'll be doing it in my RV6 once I get my new gizmos installed and talking to each other.

Also on the 430... the airport info lookups and some of the calculations like TAS are easy good info.

Don't just be a D2 guy... get comfortable with all the neato stuff you've got in the panel. And when you do go for the IFR you'll be happy to know how to pull up the approaches and the data.

But have fun with it. I bought my first ONLY MINE plane in March so my honeymoon is still ongoing

Post up a pic of that RV. I love em.

My uncle as a 4 and just took delivery of an 8. I've ridden in/flown the 4 and it's a riot. Haven't been in the 8, but will be sometime I'm sure.

Very nice… has it been hangared? Paint job looks good!

Congrats! Good looking plane! nothing like owning a ticket to fly at your leisure.

Looks nice, I have many happy Archer hours in the log book!

Welcome to the wide and expensive world of airplane ownership. You were right about the broke part. But the point of money is to make you happy. Congrats.

Nice plane! Pretty much perfect for what I'm looking for too, so clearly I'm jealous! :)

I really like the color and paint scheme. I'm with everyone else, get some interior pics, too.

Back