Well now I'm going to be completely broke...

Congrats,nice looking plane,treat her right and you will reap the rewards.

I completely forgot to take any pictures today when I was out there cleaning bugs. So here's a pic from the ad when it was on TAP...

panel-L.jpg

congrats, she's a beauty!

I completely forgot to take any pictures today when I was out there cleaning bugs. So here's a pic from the ad when it was on TAP...

panel-L.jpg

Nice panel. It's got everything I'd want.

John

I think you've made a big mistake....but as fellow aviator and all round good guy I don't mind helping you out and taking it off your hands...:D

panel-L.jpg

Just curious, what do you think of the transponder all the way over on the right side of the panel? While browser-shopping for my eventual purchase that's something that's caught my attention more than once.

All the planes I've flown it's been in the center stack.

Congrats she looks Great!!!!

Just curious, what do you think of the transponder all the way over on the right side of the panel? While browser-shopping for my eventual purchase that's something that's caught my attention more than once.

All the planes I've flown it's been in the center stack.

You would touch it once, maybe twice during a flight. Why would you need it close to you?

You would touch it once, maybe twice during a flight. Why would you need it close to you?

As a low-time pilot who's entered a squawk other than 1200 maybe 2-3 times, I don't know, that's why I asked. :)

Entirely possible I'm overthinking it, but I like having things in easy reach if I'm going to need them even once.

Mine is way over on the right and I must set it with my left hand, doesn't bother me a bit. I kinda like it over there.

Not a huge fan of the location. 330ES will happen in the near future so I'll probably move it to the center stack.

That said it's not a huge issue. I didn't look at the panel and say gross, look where the transponder is located.

I did however say gross at the 2nd navcom:)

Doesn't look like there is room in the center stack unless you plan to change to a smaller radio.

Opps, my bad, thought you were the OP

Dear new owner of N8113B,

I spent many hours in that aircraft while learning to fly. It was well maintained as part of a flight school fleet in southeast connecticut along the shore at that time back in late 90's. It was one of my personal favorites.

As a low-time pilot who's entered a squawk other than 1200 maybe 2-3 times, I don't know, that's why I asked. :)

Entirely possible I'm overthinking it, but I like having things in easy reach if I'm going to need them even once.

mine's right of center, also. Mine simply wouldn't fit in the center stack, but it's surprisingly easy to reach. Since it's the one item you use the least in flight, it makes sense for it to be over there.

Congrats!

Beautiful plane and the panel set up sounds great for IFR flight.

I started out flying a 79 Archer in a four person club. Great travel machine, we had a blast. Decided to own our own and moved on. Good memories and adventures.

Dear new owner of N8113B,

I spent many hours in that aircraft while learning to fly. It was well maintained as part of a flight school fleet in southeast connecticut along the shore at that time back in late 90's. It was one of my personal favorites.

Nice job man. Nothing like letting someone else know that their new girlfriend is a slut. ;)

I hadn't joined this forum yet when you posted this but if I had been a member, I would have totally congratulated you and said it was a beautiful plane!

I hadn't joined this forum yet when you posted this but if I had been a member, I would have totally congratulated you and said it was a beautiful plane!
Some times it's better to never make it to the party than be late.

Some times it's better to never make it to the party than be late.

I feel that way when I am running late for work.
I look at the clock and see I am going to be late and think "I should just call in" then I don't have to deal with having been late.

Enjoy. Here's hoping she's not a problem child and you don't go completely broke.

No more deserving bunch, I'd say!

Looking great. A PA-28 in some flavor makes a lot of sense for many. No reason you couldn't fly about anywhere in it.

Is there an engine preheater for the WI Winters? There should be an 'oil cooler plate' for cold weather ops, or you could improvise.

Still time to go island hopping in Lake MI this Summer/Fall, Beaver & Mackinac.

Oil changes are easy, dip your toe into whatever else you are capable of.

Ran into a buddy I hadn't seen in a while who asked, " Where is your new truck? I thought you were buying one?" " It's parked in a hangar at the airport." was my response.

nice archer , i have owned my archer since 2008 ,, no regrets

Back