Wedding Imminent

Another year, another necro!

Today marks our 3 year anniversary. I got out of it cheap, all I had to do was make her a specific cake:
euhYFel.png

Otherwise, it's been another great year, especially with our kiddo who turned 8 months a few days ago. She's pretty happy for a baby getting 4 upper teeth at the same time!

Pxd6ruX.png

Hard to believe it has been three years already... I remember when you posted this thread and were in Vegas about to tie the knot - goes by fast!

Happy Anniversary! Congrats!

Congrats! German chocolate?
Yep! Our daughter's middle name is one of my wife's grandmas - she used to make german chocolate cake and my wife wanted to experience some nostalgia.

Hard to believe it has been three years already... I remember when you posted this thread and were in Vegas about to tie the knot - goes by fast!

Happy Anniversary! Congrats!
Reading back through the thread, it's crazy. It doesn't feel like that much time has passed but clearly it has!

Wow, well I guess I missed this thread the first and second times around. When I started reading it, I thought this was a new thing and was going to wish you well on your wedding day. Now I see that you're almost not a newlywed anymore, so mazel tov on three years!

Right now I'm in the middle of no where camping, trying to sleep in a hammock next to my young son who's also in a hammock. My wife is in the tent with our daughter who will be a teenager in a couple months. This week we'll celebrate 20 years, probably by going nowhere. I remember our wedding like it was last week.

I'm not nearly as experienced as some here, but I'll tell you this: There have been times when I believed I'd stumbled into a life of happiness and times I wasn't sure I could do it for another year. But looking back, it's all gone by way too fast. Being a husband and a dad is a ton of work. But it's the most rewarding work a man can do.

Last edited:
Congratulations! Marriage is wonderful, but the children are the blessing. And take many pictures as the mind may not remember, and time will most certainly pass faster than you can imagine. This year will be my 15 year wedding anniversary, and my son will turn 14. The wedding felt like it was a year ago, and my son was just born. Tempus fugit...

Now, you gonna share the recipe for that German chocolate cake or what? :p

19 days will be my 10th anniversary. Time does fly...

10 years. Imagine that. I never would have believed I would be in a relationship, much less a marriage for 10 years. And still going strong.

All my previous relationships usually lasted less than a month. And some of those only lasted an hour or so.....

Seems like only yesterday when we went for a ride in the Frankenkota with Mr. come-from-together. Maybe not. A lot of water under the bridge since then...

I tried calling him. Number disconnected. Hope he’s well.

Barb and I did. Just a long week end to get it done. married on Sat. I shipped on Monday. 9 months later we saw each other again.
52 years later. :) work on it

You married a saint. She married a, um... ;)

Amazing it's been that long. Congrats! I'm about to have time sped up in August. Wooooooo!

Congrats in advance! We'll all be hoping you don't have to kiss the bride through a surgical mask to avoid being arrested by then. :D

19 days will be my 10th anniversary...

All my previous relationships usually lasted less than a month. And some of those only lasted an hour or so.....

An even decade is no small matter these days! Here's to a bunch more decades.:cheerswine:

Now, about those one or two hour "relationships"...I hate to be the one to tell you this, but flying passengers between Alaskan outposts doesn't make it that kind of relationship. You're just the captain. That's all. :fingerwag:

Seems like only yesterday when we went for a ride in the Frankenkota with Mr. come-from-together. Maybe not. A lot of water under the bridge since then...
A lot has changed. A lot for the better, too!

Congratulations! Marriage is wonderful, but the children are the blessing. And take many pictures as the mind may not remember, and time will most certainly pass faster than you can imagine. This year will be my 15 year wedding anniversary, and my son will turn 14. The wedding felt like it was a year ago, and my son was just born. Tempus fugit...

Now, you gonna share the recipe for that German chocolate cake or what? :p
https://tastesbetterfromscratch.com/german-chocolate-cake/

Thank you!

I didn't see the Kirschwasser in the recipe. Doesn't every cake have booze in it? Isn't that what puts the kiddies to sleep so that Mom n Dad can have another slice in peace and quiet? :p

Just kidding! Your cake looked amazing! I'm sure it tasted just as good. :)
I have no idea! My wife just picked it out but I'd love to do the real thing. This is really good (and almost too rich for me) but I'll never pass up an opportunity to put alcohol in cake!

Congrats in advance! We'll all be hoping you don't have to kiss the bride through a surgical mask to avoid being arrested by then. :D

Thank you! It's a girl and I swear, she's not even born yet and she already has me wrapped around her little finger!

FAA still has him living in Colorado.
I thought we was one of my LinkedIn contacts, but appears either I was mistaken, or he's dropped off?
Edit - I did see a recent post on LinkedIn tho ... just not my contact.

Last edited:
Back