We haven’t had a thread locked for a while, so

I do have to agree that he doesn't seem to have any aviation experience. Administering an airport for a year or two doesn't cover it. Surely there are better people to serve as Adminstrator.

I do have to agree that he doesn't seem to have any aviation experience. Administering an airport for a year or two doesn't cover it. Surely there are better people to serve as Adminstrator.

I agree. Being Administrator for a major hub airport is like being CEO of Ford or any other large corporation. You aren't there because of your vast knowledge of that particular industry, you are there to be a figurehead. Its more political than practical.

Granted the same can often be said for many government administration positions as well...

So who will be the new Deputy Administrator assuming this guy is approved? And the next one down from that? How far down to finally reach a pilot or qualified technical person?

OK, launch the Challenger.

I will be amazed if this thread isn’t wiped clean of the earth, lol!

IBTL

Why did Steve Dickson resign?

My concern is that he has no knowledge of aviation. I'm concerned that he will just start pulling the trigger knee jerk choices that wind up massively impacting us. For example, on his first day, he could outlaw the use of 100LL, disregarding that there is no replacement and not caring that he would be grounding most of the GA fleet. Someone might come back to him with user fees and and he won't know why it's a bad idea.

We could lose 20 years of progress and have to refight every battle again. Serious threat.

"I'm not a pilot."

I couldn't watch it all. Seems out of the 336,142,103 people in this country we could do a tad better in so many places of our government ...
The people who would "do a tad better" usually seem to know that they'd want no part of the government ****show.

You should probably go ahead and order a couple of popcorn refills.

This has potential!

Popcorn probably ain't gonna do it....

beer-pairings.gif

My concern is that he has no knowledge of aviation. I'm concerned that he will just start pulling the trigger knee jerk choices that wind up massively impacting us. For example, on his first day, he could outlaw the use of 100LL, disregarding that there is no replacement and not caring that he would be grounding most of the GA fleet. Someone might come back to him with user fees and and he won't know why it's a bad idea.

We could lose 20 years of progress and have to refight every battle again. Serious threat.

Exactly.

If he had any sort of integrity, he'd realize he's not qualified and withdraw his own nomination. I would be surprised if this isn't being surpetitiously whispered in his ear.

Seems like the only solution is for someone here at POA to throw their hat into the ring. Let's debate who would be best. ( stirs the pot quickly )

Seems like the only solution is for someone here at POA to throw their hat into the ring. Let's debate who would be best. ( stirs the pot quickly )

Oh, there's no debate. That would be @Brad Z . He's a pilot, he's already an FAA insider, he's experienced in aviation safety, and he knows where all the bodies are buried.

And AFAIK he doesn't have any laptop PC hooker & blow issues, but the senate fact-finding will make sure....

Back