We have an airplane

I love the cirrus, just a shame it won't hold my family. Congrats buddy on the purchase!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

It boggles my mind that one can be a pilot and hate an airplane*.

*- OK, perhaps if the airplane doesn't fit. Also, I've only flown certified so I'm not ruling out EAB's either.

I love the cirrus, just a shame it won't hold my family. Congrats buddy on the purchase!

Thanks bud. Wish you were working the sector I flew through on the inaugural flight for us.

Congratulations.:D Are you going to keep it at DuPage? And hey, about all those guys who "hate" Cirrus airplanes -- I LOVEEEEEEE the SR22 and would be flying one today but my budget can't afford it any longer, so now I'm into a C172SP G1000. Good luck with your GREAT airplane.

No, it will b based at KPWK.

Congrats, Arthur! Now be sure to keep that plane south of Kenosha - we don't need no stinkin' FIBs flying up here and poaching clients in Wisconsin. (Said as a former FIB myself.) .D

Congrats, Arthur! Now be sure to keep that plane south of Kenosha - we don't need no stinkin' FIBs flying up here and poaching clients in Wisconsin. (Said as a former FIB myself.) .D

Thanks!

FIB? Sorry my mind is fried as I have been working on a 1065 short year as a result of a tech termination. All these Peer Reviews I've done since May have gotten me behind the 8 ball.

And you know Kenosha is my favorite place to practice approaches right?:D

FIB? Sorry my mind is fried as I have been working on a 1065 short year as a result of a tech termination. All these Peer Reviews I've done since May have gotten me behind the 8 ball.

FIB = ****ing Illinois Bastard

A declaration of love when Illinoisans vacation in the land of the cheese...

****ing Illinois Bastard. I'm sometimes still accused of being one, particularly when I pull out my Bears flag on Sundays.

****ing Illinois Bastard. I'm sometimes still accused of being one, particularly when I pull out my Bears flag on Sundays.

That's brave! I walked into a bar in Hartfield one night (very inebriated), and yelled "where's the Bears fans at?!"

You could hear a pin drop. Our tenure at that bar could be measured in nanoseconds.

Does the peer review I did for a WI firm count as poaching?:D

That's brave! I walked into a bar in Hartfield one night (very inebriated), and yelled "where's the Bears fans at?!"

You could hear a pin drop. Our tenure at that bar could be measured in nanoseconds.

I did that and a bunch of people pointed to the outhouse.....

No, that's good stuff. :thumbsup:

Let me know when you're having your first hangar party at KPWK!

Will do. As part of my transition training I plan to fly into MKE. Maybe we could meet for lunch?

I'll admit I am envious of Cirrus owners, but congrats nonetheless!! I'd buy one in a heartbeat if I could.

I'm in the planning stages of buying a plane and cant wait to feel that same pride in ownership. I'm looking to get a BRS equipped plane so I expect to hear flack from the same naysayers.

Thank you. My advice FWIW, put together a good partnership. I never could have done it without my partners. With the right partners it will be good for you and the plane. Good luck on your quest.

Congrats on the plane! What year and specs?

I'm on my second SR22 and may be biased but these are very nice airplanes IMO. I have started doing some training in a friend's Aztec for my multi engine Commercial rating and I'm shocked by just how much more complex of an airplane it is. I knew it would be but the Cirrus is just so damn simple in comparison that it is really eye opening.

Thank you. My advice FWIW, put together a good partnership. I never could have done it without my partners. With the right partners it will be good for you and the plane. Good luck on your quest.

Out of curiosity, did you guys execute a co-owner agreement on paper? If yes, what were the highlights that you guys put down as "must haves and do"?

Wait. Is this the real "we have an airplane" thread? You've closed?

Congrats on the purchase. I've flown in a SR22-GTS in the right seat and it is a great airplane. Enjoy!

Out of curiosity, did you guys execute a co-owner agreement on paper? If yes, what were the highlights that you guys put down as "must haves and do"?

Yes we created a LLC operating agreement which was reviewed by a lawyer who billed us through the AOPA legal plan. If you want a redacted version I could send it after September 15.

Last edited:
The only thing I hate about a Cirrus is that I can't own one.

Wouldn't A/C be awesome!
This was the summer where i crossed the line to "meh too hot to fly today"

When I bought my Bonanza I was as excited as a kid at Christmas. But there were still jerks that tried to complain about Bonanzas. I admit that it bothered me for a little while. But I got over it.

Congrats and hope your closing comes off as expected. It sounds like you bought a fine bird.

You realize that your sig file may be bad juju considering your wife is a doctor...:lol:

I never understood the 'Cirrus hater' crowd. :dunno: The only weak point I see with them is the fuel tanks are a bit fragile, and they finally fixed that with the new model. As for people not liking the chute, well, I just remember that 80% of the human race, including pilots, are just stupid.

The only thing I hate about a Cirrus is that I can't own one.

Only reason I could get one is I formed a good partnership and was lucky to find the right (I hope) bird at a reasonable price. I was lucky on both counts. I NEVER thought I would own a 22.

Id also like to say thanks to Henning, as well as a lot of the folks I met at the CPPP and on the COPA board for their advice and reading the logs.

But thanks for the good wishes. I still am in shock.

Last edited:
You realize that your sig file may be bad juju considering your wife is a doctor...:lol:
The idea is that it serves as a reminder to her that even though she is a doctor, she is mortal and has to live within the limitations. The fact that she can get it up to 195kts :eek: in a descent doesn't mean she should.

Post it to a "cloud" location and provide a link to us all.

I'd just much rather share it in a pm. Don't really want it out there. But, I drafted it from 4 different agreements, had meetings with my partners , and let a lawyer review it.

The idea is that it serves as a reminder to her that even though she is a doctor, she is mortal and has to live within the limitations. The fact that she can get it up to 195kts :eek: in a descent doesn't mean she should.

Why not? Smooth air, red line is an objective.:D

Closing today-finally. This was tougher than buying a house with all the data they wanted.

Wouldn't A/C be awesome!
This was the summer where i crossed the line to "meh too hot to fly today"

My 2006 NA SR22 didn't have AC and I'd effectively convinced myself that I didn't need it (cost, complexity, it's cool at altitude anyway...) but now that I have it in the new SR22, I have to admit I would never give it up again. It works incredibly well - even on 95+ degree days I can cool the cabin to a comfortable 70 degrees in just a few minutes. I got stuck on the ground at Teterboro for about 30 minutes awaiting an IFR clearance a few weeks ago in 97 degree afternoon heat and it was positively nice in the cabin even with those big windows.

RudyP,

I respectfully ask that you don't talk about air conditioning in small airplanes. If my wife ever finds a post like yours about how wonderful it is, I'll be forced to find another plane. Getting this one was difficult enough. She asked the other day if small planes could even have it, assuming not, and she got a little twinkle in her eye when I told her some of the fancier ones have it.

Jesse

Back