We have an airplane

Forgive me Jesse - it's really not that great at all.

In fact, I understand that sweating is good for you as long as you keep rehydrating...

Closing today-finally. This was tougher than buying a house with all the data they wanted.

Congrats, Arthur! I presume you're going to use the call sign "Ghost Rider", and buzz the tower on your return to PWK, right? :D

Congrats, Arthur! I presume you're going to use the call sign "Ghost Rider", and buzz the tower on your return to PWK, right? :D

I'm not doing the buzzing today. I'm chained to my desk. One of my partners and his instructor are repositioning it. Tax season you know? Oh yeah, you do! Good luck for the 15th Stan. Talk to you soon.

RudyP,

I respectfully ask that you don't talk about air conditioning in small airplanes. If my wife ever finds a post like yours about how wonderful it is, I'll be forced to find another plane. Getting this one was difficult enough. She asked the other day if small planes could even have it, assuming not, and she got a little twinkle in her eye when I told her some of the fancier ones have it.

Jesse

You don't want your wife nagging you to buy a nicer plane? What kind of alternate universe do you live in??? :D

Sorry for the asshats I am all for it man I want hear about every detail of the process as in a couple of years I mean to own an aircraft as well.

Sorry for the asshats I am all for it man I want hear about every detail of the process as in a couple of years I mean to own an aircraft as well.

No need to apologize. You're not an asshat. The asshats, and others on the board know who they are. It's interesting the phone calls and emails I received from people talking about the asshats who were jerks. Whatever. The asshats have nothing better to do than complain and whine. At least I have my airplane with a very good autopilot, and I didn't have to buy it from a dude who holds grudges.

It was an interesting process this whole journey- from forming the LLC with the right people, getting an operating my agreement together, getting an attorney through AOPA to help us with the agreement and the purchase contract, to finding the right plane, negotiating changes in the purchase agreement, financing, avionics, etc. If you ever want to know details about the steps, feel free to pm me. Don't want to start another thread or someone will tell me it's number 20.

Last edited:
Well done! I'm glad that it went well and you will have many great memories in your new to you Cirrus. They are nice birds and best wishes.

Well done! I'm glad that it went well and you will have many great memories in your new to you Cirrus. They are nice birds and best wishes.

Thank you. My wife saw it today and sat in it. One of my partners who had never been in a Cirrus loved it.

Good news and congrats. Great plane! I know you put a lot of hard work in pulling it together and it paid off.

Hey now, most of us survive in Houston without fancy A/C in our aircraft ;)

Didn't mean to offend anyone in Houston, but, last time I was there it was August and I had to change clothes 3x a day it was so hot and humid.

Didn't mean to offend anyone in Houston, but, last time I was there it was August and I had to change clothes 3x a day it was so hot and humid.

No A/C either. I don't change clothes 3x a day. They dry out. ;)

I chose the hot summers as opposed to the cold winters. Born and raised in Wisconsin, spent a bunch of years on the left coast, then spent 3 of the longest years of my life in Illinois.

If I never see another Midwestern winter.... :D

The only thing I hate about a Cirrus is that I can't own one.
Don't you wish when you were 14 your dad bought you a Cirrus? One of my student's plane. Brand new 2015 SR-22. It really is a fantastic plane.

338l_zpspdbb6wm5.jpg

338_zpsogis0bs2.jpg

Don't you wish when you were 14 your dad bought you a Cirrus? One of my student's plane. Brand new 2015 SR-22. It really is a fantastic plane.

When I was 7, we were driving past the really early years EAA and they had banners up on the freeway, I was in the back seat, and said "Dad, Dad, can we go?"

Without missing a beat he replied - "normal people don't fly" and kept driving.

It took me 37 more years, but I'm no longer "normal".:D:rofl:

And he still begs me to "give up my dangerous hobby". I now tell him he should be worried about his other son - the one who rides motorcycles. :yikes:

When I was 7, we were driving past the really early years EAA and they had banners up on the freeway, I was in the back seat, and said "Dad, Dad, can we go?"

Without missing a beat he replied - "normal people don't fly" and kept driving.

It took me 37 more years, but I'm no longer "normal".:D:rofl:

And he still begs me to "give up my dangerous hobby". I now tell him he should be worried about his other son - the one who rides motorcycles. :yikes:

:yes: 82.3% more likely to be killed in a motorcycle accident than flying GA.

Life is dangerous....none of us gets out alive.;)

Hey now, most of us survive in Houston without fancy A/C in our aircraft ;)

I was told once that Piper is an old Native American word meaning "He who taxis with door open"

Jordan, what is the device below the switch panel?

The two small screens below the rocker switches are the standby instruments. We have an attitude indicator, airspeed, and altimeter.

That was one thing I never liked about the Cirrus panel, putting the standbys at the bottom of the panel.

That was one thing I never liked about the Cirrus panel, putting the standbys at the bottom of the panel.
The problem is there is really no other good place to put them unless you make the screens smaller and try to put them underneath. But that would upset the Cirrus owners. The screens need to be at least 12 inches.

Actually I like them in that location. Easier to do partial panel. We have the round gauges in ours.

The problem is there is really no other good place to put them unless you make the screens smaller and try to put them underneath. But that would upset the Cirrus owners. The screens need to be at least 12 inches.

Diamond puts them at the top.

Actually I like them in that location. Easier to do partial panel. We have the round gauges in ours.

The extra motion of the eyeballs on approach in actual when you go up and down trying to transition to visual near the bottom can be vertigo inducing is my only issue.

Agree on brutal humid hot sticky Houston weather.
We've had a nasty heat spell here in San Diego.

pfffft.. My dad bought me a bicycle when I was 14. I flew that bad boy all over the neighborhood Solo and without any training----------------------------------wheels!! :D

I would think that the SR22 would be a great trainer but i'd have to imagine it is a little intimidating to train a 14 year old primary student in it. The thought of him breaking something with you in the right seat. :yikes: You could prob. get away with a broken strut on a 172. :)

Back