W&B and obstinate pax

I wasn't making any directed statement about you, just general. Quit reading womens magazines, all those articles are there to make you buy the products being advertized in the magazine.

I haven't gone shopping in months, and I read them when I was younger silly! Now I know better. They follow a "formula" anyways, once you read one cover to cover you've pretty much read them all:

How to lose weight without going on a diet
How to please your man
Where to find the best deals on designer jeans
What kind of "seasonal" decorations you should buy to decorate your living room / kitchen / whatever
How to tell if your man is cheating on you
Men's best kept secrets, revealed!
How to get a bikini-ready body by summer
What he's really thinking
What he's really thinking - IN BED
What he's really thinking - AT WORK
What he's really thinking - WHEN YOU GO AWAY WITH YOUR GIRLFRIENDS FOR THE WEEKEND

You get the idea.

Of course I'm complex. I'm a girl. Kind of like a Rubik's cube, only by the time you solve it the colors have changed and you have to start all over again. Time consuming, frustrating, and generally not worth attempting.

Now that's a quote worth remembering.:idea::yesnod::yesnod::yesnod:

Thanks ma'am..

Lil Ben.

I weigh 172# if anybody cares. The number is a complete coincidence although I will happily accept a job from Cessna to be their spokesman. :rofl:

Yes, this is about me.

Now your fears about Ed's "people skills" are confirmed.

It is something a lot of people are sensitive about, I think, even if the bottom line is "just a number" and you look good anyways.

Like that other poster said, he had a tall female CFI who was 5'8" and around 120 or 130 (pretty small) and even she was sensitive.

So sue me - I'm in California - a LOT of pressure here to go to the gym ten times a day and look like a movie star.

Nah its not about you I didn't even think it was about you.

+1. Who cares. Something you've got to get over as a pilot. Physics don't care if you're senstiive about your weight.

Sometimes it's not even the pilot trying to figure out if you weigh too much, sometimes you might weigh too little. There are airplanes that are nose-heavy for example and a heavier passenger in the back can make the difference. But without accurate numbers - the aircraft might be operated in a region it was never certified to do.

Jesse said it very well.

Just tell them you need to see ID and look at the weight on their driver's license. Of course this doesn't work if they hand you a passport.

Wow you have your weight on your DL in CO we don't here in PA.

Yes but these same supplies have been carried to (and from) 6Y9 before with other passengers - and he did not ask them a thing about their weight. He is just trying to be . . . well . . . a second grader.

Kimberly Ed dosen't need to TRY to be a second grader.

I know. I am the outsider here. I apologize. Once I meet everyone I will find out that only SOME of you are 16 year olds.

Kimberly

Kimberly I think I can securely tell you that you are not an outsider here certainly not now if you ever were. Your ability to give it right back makes you pretty much an "insider" here.

Of course I'm complex. I'm a girl. Kind of like a Rubik's cube, only by the time you solve it the colors have changed and you have to start all over again. Time consuming, frustrating, and generally not worth attempting.

That comment is AWESOME! I gotta steal that from you!

Nah its not about you I didn't even think it was about you.

Jesse said it very well.

Wow you have your weight on your DL in CO we don't here in PA.

Kimberly Ed dosen't need to TRY to be a second grader.

Kimberly I think I can securely tell you that you are not an outsider here certainly not now if you ever were. Your ability to give it right back makes you pretty much an "insider" here.

That comment is AWESOME! I gotta steal that from you!

Adam, I sent you a PM.....

I haven't gone shopping in months, and I read them when I was younger silly! Now I know better. They follow a "formula" anyways, once you read one cover to cover you've pretty much read them all:

How to lose weight without going on a diet
How to please your man
Where to find the best deals on designer jeans
What kind of "seasonal" decorations you should buy to decorate your living room / kitchen / whatever
How to tell if your man is cheating on you
Men's best kept secrets, revealed!
How to get a bikini-ready body by summer
What he's really thinking
What he's really thinking - IN BED
What he's really thinking - AT WORK
What he's really thinking - WHEN YOU GO AWAY WITH YOUR GIRLFRIENDS FOR THE WEEKEND

You get the idea.

Oh, as a veteran "Cosmo Quiz" taker, I am well aware LOL...

I went for a spin in a R22. The CFI I was scheduled with was 200; I'm 220, the R22 has a 240 seat limit. They put me with another guy who probably wasnt 150. Less fuel, less weight.
You could always go with the FAA estimate weight. It used to be 170. Should be 200.
Flew this weekend with a couple. Went light on the fuel. Less weight.
Kim; come east. You can fly with me any time.
Ed: Please stay home. I hate spiders!

Oh, as a veteran "Cosmo Quiz" taker, I am well aware LOL...

You take the quizzes? Aren't those for women? It has been so long I forgot what they are all about.

Oh wait - I think I remember - they go something like this:

HOW TO TELL WHAT KIND OF A MAN YOUR BOYFRIEND IS BY HOW HE SLEEPS

1. Side sleeper / fetal position: Your man is the caring and sensitive type.

2. Back sleeper: Your man is confident and dependable.

3. Stomach sleeper: Your man is the life of the party.

Those quizzes are stupid. How can you tell what kind of a person someone is by how they sleep?

I went for a spin in a R22. The CFI I was scheduled with was 200; I'm 220, the R22 has a 240 seat limit. They put me with another guy who probably wasnt 150. Less fuel, less weight.
You could always go with the FAA estimate weight. It used to be 170. Should be 200.
Flew this weekend with a couple. Went light on the fuel. Less weight.
Kim; come east. You can fly with me any time.
Ed: Please stay home. I hate spiders!

I am terrified of spiders. Why do you think Ed changed his avatar?

Oh and that godzilla avatar the other day was another weight thing, first I am godzilla, then I'm a cow, then I'm a blimp (sorry airship).

SECOND GRADERS!

Not really, it's the FAA average, and it's really designed for airline use where you have 50+ people being averaged. Unless you're flying a charter to take "Biggest Loser" contestants to a location, 170 isn't really too bad of an average estimate to use.

You also could use the pressure reading from the struts to accurately measure your gross weight if you have oleo struts.

Last edited:
I'm surprised no one mentioned this; now we know why Kimberly's CFI told her to not fly with anyone else.

I am terrified of spiders. Why do you think Ed changed his avatar?

Oh and that godzilla avatar the other day was another weight thing, first I am godzilla, then I'm a cow, then I'm a blimp (sorry airship).

SECOND GRADERS!
None of those fit. You sound like a wonderful person with a level head and no wool over your eyes.
Remember what we learned in grade school... Sticks and stones. Ed... Pay attention.

I'm surprised no one mentioned this; now we know why Kimberly's CFI told her to not fly with anyone else.

Ed the one your CFI warned you about.

FWIW, I'm 307 per my Wii Fit or 314 by my bathroom scale. Not proud of it, but it is what it is. If people have a problem with it, well, it's not their problem to live with. As for commercial air, I don't fly for TSA reasons, but if I did, I'd be sure to purchase the seat beside me to prevent causing a loss of separation. And since I only live the good life, it would be in business class.

mp.jpg

Good to know. This however cannot undo years of "women's magazines" which say otherwise.

Now here's what I can't figure out. Why do women read women's magazines to figure out what men want? :dunno: (Hint: They're wrong.)

Typical women's magazine picture:
attachment.php

Yuck! That looks unhealthy, unnatural, and frankly, positively repulsive. Besides, she looks too... Breakable, if you catch my drift.

Now... A typical men's magazine picture:
attachment.php

Now that's a real, attractive woman. Yummy! See the difference? Guys are supposed to be square and pointy. Women are supposed to be curvy. The 12-year-old-boy look really doesn't do anything for us.

Attachments

• waif.jpg
    waif.jpg
    18.3 KB · Views: 244
  • 0830-christina-hendricks-emmys-02-480x720.jpg
    0830-christina-hendricks-emmys-02-480x720.jpg
    81.5 KB · Views: 125
Now here's what I can't figure out. Why do women read women's magazines to figure out what men want? :dunno: (Hint: They're wrong.)

attachment.php

Yuck! That looks unhealthy, unnatural, and frankly, positively repulsive. Besides, she looks too... Breakable, if you catch my drift.

Now... A typical men's magazine picture:
attachment.php

Now that's a real, attractive woman. Yummy! See the difference? Guys are supposed to be square and pointy. Women are supposed to be curvy. The 12-year-old-boy look really doesn't do anything for us.
I would say both of those are pretty, um, unrealistic. :rofl:

Are you required to give your weight on an airline? Not being a jerk, it's an honest question/

Nope, I'm from California, I don't even know where Michigan is and I'm going there in . . . .

(looks at top of POA screen for countdown number)

. . . . 49 days.

Stupid is as stupid does.

Kayso, I was on a bidness trip to El Segundo, and was eating dinner with a co-worker. The cute product-of-the-Californian-educational-system waitress got to talking to us hunky engineers. During the conversation it became clear that she was unaware that Colorado did not border California. We let that slide and just continued our discussion of how Ugh boots must be very popular in Colorado since its so cold there.

Kayso, I was on a bidness trip to El Segundo, and was eating dinner with a co-worker. The cute product-of-the-Californian-educational-system waitress got to talking to us hunky engineers. During the conversation it became clear that she was unaware that Colorado did not border California. We let that slide and just continued our discussion of how Ugh boots must be very popular in Colorado since its so cold there.
Check attitude. It's Ugg boots. :rofl::rofl::rofl:

Gah!!! I'm from Colorado! Its like a whole state away from California. I can't be expected to keep up on the trends from another state.
I'm guessing what passes for teaching geography in CO ain't exactly spot on. No matter where one leaves from in CA, it is in fact two states to the CO border. Like, totally.:D

Gah!!! I'm from Colorado! Its like a whole state away from California. I can't be expected to keep up on the trends from another state.

Uhhh...2 States... At least CA and CO compete fairly on education...:rolleyes::rofl:

attachment.php
Agree that is absolutely disgusting. She needs to gain a solid 30 lbs, maybe more.

Not from.....just stuck here.

I was a product of the Arizona education system....you know that state next door where CA gets its electricity from...

Just remember... Living at the Continental Divide means I get to pee in all of you people's water before you drink it. ;)

(I just have to drive over Loveland Pass to handle those of you West of here.) ;)

And you send us money for it!

Especially California and Arizona. I really do love you guys! :D

I'll send a few recycled beers your way this weekend! :) I recommend turning it back into beer down there. Gets rid of the taste. ;)

Maxim has men figured out about as well as Cosmo has women figured out, although I'm not seeing ribs on those girls myself.

Maybe it was obliques. From her six pack. Also unrealistic.

(Grumbles) I'm going to the gym.

Christina Hendricks is a full-figured woman for sure, but also 100% real.

I don't know if I believe you, but I also can't believe this thread has developed into a debate about whether or not someone's boobs are real . . . and even a 16-year-old was chiming in. I wonder if he knows what a boob is.

Back